0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Openbot Diary - Priest [Horde]

Somewhere down the road on this fellow, i decided to switch to OB and log what i did so here you guys go:wave:

0) Why OB?
    1) Log
    2) Talents
    3) Addons
    4) Loot & Gear

0) Why OB?
    I run on a 64 bit OS and Glider doesn't support that apparently.
    Glider's more expensive in the run, to register it then get an elite subscription for 5 dollar min a month costs around 40 bucks. 10 bucks for 90days on innerspace and that's it.
    Glider with lifetime at grand total 85$ is equal to and OB's price intersect each other at 2 and a quarter years of OB.
    I work while i bot, so i need the baby to run in the background, glider won't do that unless i dish out their elite subscription.
    Full on customization at your fingertips and theres no one that will run the same course as you.

1) Log [050808]
    Current status: /played 15 days
    Level: 68
    Notes
    I mainly wanted to play in as much Horde Territory as possible considering i'm on a PvP serv.
    I wanted to be able to have everything all close together in one particular spot meaning, healer, vendors, mobs, and maps. Granted I won't be able to get that completely but at least i'll go ahead and try anyhow ahah.
    I wanted to be able to maximize my time on one map as much as possible, means less travel-time to other areas for me and i don't have to map vendors and healers over most of the time.
    Generally i upgrade my gear on an average of 7 levels or so and update my skills up then. However at later levels around 40 or 50, i started to get new skills soon as possible just to make my leveling faster.
    I will post screens of my xp/hr again when i start botting with a new char. i will start posting them from 53 and hereon.
    I will update this section eventually with some short vidcaps to give you an idea of where the bots running.

1-20
    I did this manually because it wasn't too aggravating on my behalf (plus i didn't have OB then); followed Joana's Guide. i will update this later when i start botting another toon.

Stonetalon Mountains
    20-25: Killed Goblins or i went in a circular pattern up north. Blacklist the fey dragon as that mob can be quite troublesome (some are level 27)
    25-30: Grinding around the charted vale, started primarily with the low end harpies and gradually expanded to the whole area by 27

Shimmering Flats
    Since oB 2.6, functionality was added to use the lifts so i marked freewind for refills and repairs otherwise i wouldve just used the goblins at the flats for my refills.
    30-36: In that area there are 2 condensed areas, one with turtles (around the broken ship) and another with the birds (around a skeleton) so i made a path to just alternate back and forth between those 2 points killing all the mobs in the way. ~13-16K an hour and moderate respawn time so eh i can't complain!
    36-40: Grinded the crocs down here by the lake; map well cus if at times i slipped into the water it was a bitch to get out, plus lots of obstacles. Or you can head to STV and grind raptors, trolls, etc just slightly north of Grom'gol Camp. Personally i like staying in one place as much as possible, so i just did the croc area.

Feralas
    This map shouldve covered my whole 40-50
    40-45: Really awesome place for grinding, everything's soo close (spirit healer, restock zone, grind area)! You got woodpaw mobs in excess, wolves, grimtotems and bears. Good stuff. You want to map and set the hotpoints wisely around woodpaws though since they aggro other mobs easily which would be troublesome, or you can completely avoid their area for a bit until 43, which then you'd probably want to add some hotpoints a slightly south west where the fey dragons are.
    44-46: The frayfeathers here are in abundance and give pretty dandy xp. If going here at 44, you'd probably want to avoid the most southern area because of the patriarchs, or you can come here at 45.

Searing Forge
    46-48: Somewhat of an Epic Fail. I was going to make this place be my 46-50, however i just stopped it at 48 because it just wasn't quite very productive considering the close proximity of my points. First, i messed up my mapping a bit and expanded a bit too far east, when i died, i ended up at the other spirit healer across the canyon. Second, they're weren't enough mobs to give me a decent xp/hr at 48 (probably due to a lot of corpse retrieving); i think the spiders gave the best xp. Third, i don't know what i was thinking coming all the way here when all my other grind zones were close to each other. Fourth, this place is like Gank Galore, i was ganked so much i said you know what **** this shit i'm going back to feralas.

Feralas
    46-48: Instead of doing Searing Forge, i would've just stayed at the frayfeather zone and expanded to all mobs including patriarchs as well as slight east of there to kill gordunni ogres.
    48-53: This place is awesome, as you're heading north, there will be a small path to the right that extends into a valley of wolves, dragons, and apes that are 48-50 i believe, and theres virtually nobody (well on my serv). each mob is giving me around 250 exp min, and the 50 apes around 300+.

Updates
    4/22 Still doing feralas, was actually going to go do northern azshara with the birds and coursers (lvl 50-53), however just before i was ready to bot it, my wow closed from one of those errors and lost hour worth of map work so i grabbed a beer. so im just gonna stick with feralas and see how it fares to 53, which should be good enough for winterspring, or maybe 52... If feralas works out well, then winterspring should be my last map to bot before outlands giving me a grand total of 4 maps minus searing forge for 20-60.
    4/23 At 52, i was getting avg 22k exp/hr, probably due to an insanely fast kill rate, so i guess if that doesnt sound too satisfactory you can bump over to winterspring early.

Winterspring
    53-58: took me a while actually to find a viable spot. I was going to grind up north where there were a bunch of bears in abundance, however when the bot killed them all, they were completely gone from that area and probably ended up respawning somewhere else, so my bot spent around 3-4 hrs running back and forth in circles doing nothing. So i decided to try the lake area. You will want to blacklist the elementals because they're 58, but you shouldn't bump into them at this southern part of the lake. There are 3 ruin areas there so i mapped all 3 setting a hotpoint at each and so far its been working out really well. However there is an alliance npc at the second ruin called Remorseful Highborne so you will want to blacklist her, because she's like an instant respawn. My bot spent like an hour killing her over and over and over again with no gain whatsoever. Lootwise, getting lots of runecloth, those deck cards, and ive gotten about 5-6 icy chill enchanting formulas, which go around 10g on my server. at 58 i got more than 40 packs of cloth, and probably around 20 icy chills

Hellfire Peninsula(fixed 5/3)
    58-60: headed south, grabbed fp at the camp and started mapping at those 2 locations, preferably i like the ridge more with the soldiers, however they're virtually immune to fear so if the patrol comes by, you might be in trouble, and the pat also heals his subordinates and yells for even more mobs to come to, so i just mapped at a parallel distance from them and pulled them to be, felt a bit safer that way. The other location is fine too, orcs are cool, but the vultures agro others upon death. My death rate was actually pretty high now that i thought about it, but the exp coming in was still good, but just took a bit longer so i will have to update this particular range in the future. By now i already made around 700 gold from auctioning greens and selling junk. More than enough for an epic mount!

Zangarmarsh
    60-65: good money making and rep for cenarion, i actually quested my first 2 levels because it was so depressing looking at how long it takes to bot a level after 60 then i realized it felt like forever questing. These mobs are only 61 avg so they'll be great at 60 anyhow. In 2 levels i got roughly 30 primal airs, and over 400 un ID'd plants to turn it for cenarion rep which took me straight to honored. Around 45k avg an hour and this place is like bot haven, aside from myself, there was like 5 other people from 65-70 just botting for the motes i guess. When i was done with this place i just camped the area and killed the ally botters haha. [edit--decided to stay here until 65]

Nagrand
    65-70: Killed talbuks and any loitering elementals nearby. Not really good loot, just lots of grays and a design for Bold Living Ruby, which sells a couple hundred on my server (woo!). exp's great and mobs aren't agro ! ., also want to equip a wand that is not immune to water elementals.
    -The place over by Halaa works pretty well too, if not better. you go down the hill into the the area by the lake and there are 3 locations in that circle that have a bunch of muck spawns and their drop rate is pretty decent if you want to build up your supply of primal waters.
    -Oh yeah, whenever you get the chance, turn in Oshu'gun Crystal Powder Samples that you collect from mobs when the horde has the base to get some gold, research token, and 8750exp each turn in repeatedly!
    -From 65-66 i did talbuks, then tried halaa at 66-67, then went back to talbuks at 67 as my exp/hr there was 10k greater than compared to halaa.
    -In other words, more exp=talbuks; more money=halaa.

I have almost 6000g, and whats crazier is i still have buckets of greens on the mule, and none of the primals collected from the 60-70 grind have been sold yet...
    /played 18 days. I will definitely fine tune my maps and locations as i start the rogue soon.
    Last edited by foolie; 05-10-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Openbot Diary - Priest [Horde]
    foolie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2) Talents

I'm currently using Skeeter's 'guide on allocation of talent points while leveling' from Shadowpriest.com. I repasted it here below and so far its been working quite well in conjunction with the Priest's routine.

Talent point spend recipe while solo leveling as a PvE shadowpriest.

This is not the only way, and there are variations but if you want me to personally hold your hand and not knowing your own personal preferences this is how I would recommend you start out.

5pts Spirit Tap
    5pts Wand Specialization
    2pts Improved Shadow Word : Pain
    3pts Blackout
    1pt Mind flay
    2pts Improved Psychic Scream
    2pts Blackout
    2pts Shadowreach
    3pts Shadow Weaving
    1pt Vampiric Embrace
    3pts Focused Mind
    1pt Silence

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (5/0/25) Level 39

Level 40 respec to ...Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (0/0/31)

5/5 Spirit Tap
    2/2 Improved Shadow Word: Pain
    4/5 Shadow Focus
    2/2 Improved Psychic Scream
    1/5 Improved Mind Blast
    1/1 Mind Flay
    2/2 Shadow Reach
    3/5 Shadow Weaving
    1/1 Silence
    1/1 Vampiric Embrace
    3/3 Focused Mind
    5/5 Darkness
    1/1 Shadowform
    Now add ...

5pts Wand Specialization
    2pts Improved Vampiric Embrace
    2pts Shadow Weaving
    1pt Shadow Focus
    -Level 50 cutoff- read below quote
    5pts Misery
    1pt Vampiric Touch

then ...

2pts Improved Power Word : Fortitude
    3pts Improved Power Word : Shield
    1pt Inner Focus
    3pts Meditation
    and finally
    5pts Shadow Power
    Okay so a couple things i wanted to fix. My bot's configured to wand a lot since you use up MP like mad, this is what i allocated to starting at 50 so far:
    50-53: Improved Power Word : Shield -- I think this is a better investment over misery for the moment. First, you don't have to recast it as often [in my case, one cast lasted straight through the mob from beginning to end], and secondly, it'll lower your deathrate.
    53-58: Misery -- stock up on some nice damage, can alternate with imp fort or level after
    58-60: Improved Power Word : Fortitude -- 30% additional stam added FTW!
    60-63: Meditation -- with this, and my insanely high additional spirit from gear and even MORE from spirt tap (with gear i had around 400 spirit), there was virtually no downtime for me as my mana regenerated almost to 90% when i moved from mob to mob, i started with 20 waters, no restock POI was set, and when i came back a level later it only used like 3.

3) Addons
    Titan Panel: tracks my gold, xp, durability, whatever, generally for viewing pleasure to see how the bots doing; had it installed before OB, so its not really necessary.
    Demapper: somewhat of an ob addon. you can find this on the openbot forums, its just some code to paste into your ob file so if you mess up during mapping like i did, you can easily clear those points, really awesome.

4) Loot & Gear
    Loot:I haven't started looting until around 40. I started with 200g and 4 other netherweave bags from my main and that sustained me pretty well throughout. I set the bot to start looting around feralas, autoselling all whites and setting certain whites (cloth, food, drink) to keep. I received the usual loots, i don't want to name them all, but in a jist, i probably got around ~100 greens, ~10-15 blues, ~40 formulas (winterspring will give you a shitload). By 60 i already had more than enough for my epic mount.

Gear: Spirit > Intellect > Stamina. i always bank on high spirit gear to get my regen going faster, and even better with spirit tap, which gets me back up and going faster. To give you an idea in terms of item bonuses, my total gear's spirit is 2x my intellect and 4x my stamina. In proportions its 4:2:1. All of my stuff is from AH & Loot only.
    note: 05/07/08: I just realized that i havent updated my GEAR anytime since 60 with the exception of getting higher DPS wands, yes i do get loot with better specs than what i have but i just sell them all, i get soo many greens it gets frustrating so i let auctioneer handle it for me, if they dont sell, then i sell it reduced, if that doesnt go, then it goes to vendor, regardless you still get lots of hoolah.
    Last edited by foolie; 05-07-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Dingbat00's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great diary but pherhaps you could tell us the money made and any good loot.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really cool diary so far. +2rep

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

foolie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dingbat00 View Post
    Great diary but pherhaps you could tell us the money made and any good loot.
    I got a crapload of greens, i think i have around 20 or so listed in AH and 2-3 pages in the mailbox; gems, lockboxes and probably around 3-4 blues. I didnt really start looting until i hit Feralas and so far i probably made a total profit of ~100-130g just selling greys and other mob junk loots, which eventually goes toward my purchase for a lot of potions. Honestly i'm not too much concerned about making loads of moolah during the bot time as my main intention is just leveling as fast as possible.

ryder18's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet diary

+Rep'

Edit: i gave you the "outa leecher status rep" gooooooo me!
    Last edited by ryder18; 04-22-2008 at 07:54 PM.

venomx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool diary. Hope to see this one kept updated regularly!

+rep
    C++ Programmer
    VenomX - With a Capital V and X
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-...-launcher.html

foolie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just did an update, some talent tweaking added and updated my feralas map, ill follow through with another update later today.

Æiden's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice if it works out well with u ill give it a go

Phobie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice diary, weel follow this one

jman123248's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey you should make it go from 53 to 70...because i manually did my preist to 50 :P So n e ways really good post i might even make another preist just to test it out :P oh yeah and +Rep

foolie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    updated with Winterspring. harder than i thought to find a nice sweetspot since mobs are sooo spread out across the terrain unlike before in feralas.

foolie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did another update through 60 as well as update on talents, thanks.

streetz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice man keep at it

foolie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R