Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the price to bot worth it?

New member here

I have been an avid botter from the beginning of BC with Glider then an lifetimer of honorbuddy. I made most my gold during wrath/cata/mop. After honorbuddy got the court hammer, I haven't even used a bot program nor even looked for one. I'm currently getting back into classic mode and was wondering if there are any bots out there that are worth it in the community's opinion. I've seen some programs that are $50+ for program/monthly key. Seems pretty high for someone looking for a classic bot. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is the price to bot worth it?
    Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For botting right now most go with a Lua unlocker and a bot that makes use of it. Unlockers for windows are Daemonic, Noname, and HWT. For mac there is tinkr. A couple bots to look at are baneto and GMR, I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of as well. An unlocker costs around $20 a month then the bots are about 15 euros a month so you're looking at around $35 a month. I personally haven't botted this expansion so I don't know the state of the bots but I think they work pretty well for gathering and grinding and have some questing functionality but not as good as honorbuddy was in its prime.

Murgy's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion they don't seem worth it. I feel like all of the unlockers, minus the MacOS one, promise the same thing over and over with their "kernel level" protection, it eventually gets detected when blizzard decides to stop being lazy, a new one comes out by sometimes the same people under a different name, and it repeats. I agree, none of them have been as plug-and-play as Honorbuddy was in its prime. I think a lot of them just set up the base engine and then hope that it is supported via community profiles and paid profiles, so they create more of an "engine" and then hope it gets adopted fast, which leads to costing even more money because of all the profiles. It could be $35 a month to get started, but it is a money pit at the end of the day, because there is no guarantee these profiles will have maintained support.

When Logi had a bot back in original classic era, while it used an unlocker, it was the closest to plug-and-play as it got, in my opinion. You could literally load it up, click Quest, check the Zygor box, and go afk for the next week.

scizzydo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Murgy View Post
    In my opinion they don't seem worth it. I feel like all of the unlockers, minus the MacOS one, promise the same thing over and over with their "kernel level" protection, it eventually gets detected when blizzard decides to stop being lazy, a new one comes out by sometimes the same people under a different name, and it repeats. I agree, none of them have been as plug-and-play as Honorbuddy was in its prime. I think a lot of them just set up the base engine and then hope that it is supported via community profiles and paid profiles, so they create more of an "engine" and then hope it gets adopted fast, which leads to costing even more money because of all the profiles. It could be $35 a month to get started, but it is a money pit at the end of the day, because there is no guarantee these profiles will have maintained support.

When Logi had a bot back in original classic era, while it used an unlocker, it was the closest to plug-and-play as it got, in my opinion. You could literally load it up, click Quest, check the Zygor box, and go afk for the next week.
    They are huge money sinks that only can promise "at that moment undetected". That's to also include macOS. Because it's Mac doesn't give it immunity to being ban free. That being said, the Mac ones will probably slide by longer until it becomes so big it's in blizzards eyes

Normzy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unhooked View Post
    New member here

I have been an avid botter from the beginning of BC with Glider then an lifetimer of honorbuddy. I made most my gold during wrath/cata/mop. After honorbuddy got the court hammer, I haven't even used a bot program nor even looked for one. I'm currently getting back into classic mode and was wondering if there are any bots out there that are worth it in the community's opinion. I've seen some programs that are $50+ for program/monthly key. Seems pretty high for someone looking for a classic bot. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I totally agree with you. This is what motivated me to start my own project 11 months ago.

My project is still in Beta and is free to test in it's current state.

My project will not cost ridiculous prices like current market bots.

The project name is WoW-Mate and I'm expecting to release it within the next 5 months.

You can beta-test my project for free here: Discord

NoName Unlocker is required.

JoeyPasint's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your discord link doesnt work

Normzy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry it expired. Here is a new one that won't expire: WoW Mate

ownedlegend's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it's being edited when you submit it to *********

JoeyPasint's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please private message it.

Or just post the string after the “/“ in the link.

Discord.gg/whatever

Perhaps
    Last edited by JoeyPasint; 06-01-2023 at 06:59 AM.

Normzy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    discord.gg/KqHaacDwnn