1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LFDevs to expand basic unlocker potentials

I am looking for talented and experienced developers to support me in adding advanced features to my wow retail basic lua unlocker. It is running in usermode, supports all windows builds as it stands now and all protected functions are unlocked.

If you're interested DM me in discord mgc#5109

LFDevs to expand basic unlocker potentials
    noctural's Avatar Active Member Captain Copypasta CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, add me -- Bob1234#3028

DemonicViller's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still looking for devs .. new security is bypassed already .. DM me in Discord if interested

ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlocking lua is simply just not the best route to go anymore. For windows, at least. In my opinion.

I'm toying with the Idea of embedding a Lua or JavaScript engine and just writing C bindings to the C functions I want to call, like CastSpell, but, even this isn't perfect as they're adding callee and return address protections to many functions, even ones you wouldn't first think would be a priority, like player names...

Just my unrelated two cents.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by DemonicViller; 03-17-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ChrisIsMe View Post
    Unlocking lua is simply just not the best route to go anymore. For windows, at least. In my opinion.

I'm toying with the Idea of embedding a Lua or JavaScript engine and just writing C bindings to the C functions I want to call, like CastSpell, but, even this isn't perfect as they're adding callee and return address protections to many functions, even ones you wouldn't first think would be a priority, like player names...

Kindly, check your PM

Bogie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ChrisIsMe View Post

Out of curiosity, what do you see as the biggest hurdle to unlocking Lua at the moment? (Genuine question)

I've been working on a pure hobby project in the past - it was purely external, and needed to interact with pretty much any part of the game there is (minus dungeons/BGs), so it relied on an absolute ton of memory offsets.
    I abandoned it relatively close to the finish line about a year ago or so as I saw no realistic way of maintaining all of those with every single patch. Granted, a smarter person might employ some sort of pattern searching to find these a bit more easily after patches (especially if said person had actually kept track of how they found that stuff in the first place ), but even then I would imagine it'd take a whole lot of time to adapt to each patch. So much that I'm not sure how practical it is for private hobby stuff, unless the bot has very limited scope.

Lua sounds so convenient to me that way. Being able to have most of your logic live in that largely version/patch agnostic world.. a dream come true, and all you'd need to keep up to date is the unlock itself. Or at least that's what I imagine, but I haven't tried it yet.

I haven't looked into their protection mechanism so far, so I'm making a whole load of assumptions now. Most unlocker projects of the past I've seen try to tamper with some global lua tainted state. Maybe they also do some sort of stack frame checks, return address validation or something like that?
    I could see how either of that would be a little annoying to circumvent in ring3, with their current protection mechanisms. But on higher elevation levels, that all sounds rather manageable, as easy as it is saying that without actually doing it (yet). Am I missing something there?

H3XC0R3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DemonicViller View Post
    I am looking for talented and experienced developers to support me in adding advanced features to my wow retail basic lua unlocker. It is running in usermode, supports all windows builds as it stands now and all protected functions are unlocked.

If you're interested DM me in discord mgc#5109
    Sent you a friend request on discord.
    Im getting back in wow reversing, my current work on windows is outdated but I have a working Lua unlocker for macOS.
    I would like to discuss with you on current security, I noticed a few things here and there like call stack check using return ptr address and .text section check.

I have an old unfinished project I made open source GitHub - hesa2020/WoWBotV2

There is lots of good Lua stuff there using sol.