Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interface\AddOns\DataToColor\DataToColor.lua:339: attempt to call method 'SetBackdrop' (a nil value)

How to build your own WoW Bot
    Plobbi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fonillius View Post
    5/5

Side-note, guys, hide your programs. Even you manage to program good human-like pixel (or any other kind of) bot, the problem is that Warden is especially detective about unknown programs and gets you flagged and you will lose your account.

Its not about technique you made bot with, its about hiding it afterwards. PID, window title, folder, file names etc.
    thanks for your thoughts. Can you please share some approach to achieve this kind of safety? I am asking because my bot is now in a version that I would love to release but therefore I want to make it safe. At the moment it runs on the official server without any incident but when I release this I want to make sure that is as safe as possible.

I saw that someone are running those programs as "protected processes" - is this the way I should do it?
    Is it an approach to just name the window title at the beginning something random? Do I have to give anybody that is running the bot another foldername or filenames for my profiles and paths?

I am looking forward to get your thoughts. Thanks in advance

aua's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    thank you for this guide! i´m working on my own scripts but I'm not sure how to hide the bot from WOW. I have been using other bots successfully for some time via VM's and remote desktop interaction. But here I simply can't manage to read the data via RDP. I think RDP is too slow. Do any of you have an idea how best to hide the bot from WOW?

Loffah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is happening here? Just added the addon to my game to check it out and my chad is getting flooded by this error message. Not really sure who shadowglen is.. lol
    https://i.imgur.com/WhRhxJk.png

mokio's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Loffah View Post
    What is happening here? Just added the addon to my game to check it out and my chad is getting flooded by this error message. Not really sure who shadowglen is.. lol
    https://i.imgur.com/WhRhxJk.png
    Add "SHADOWGLEN" to the list of hearthstone locations in DataToColor.lua. The list is on line 89 in the file.

Fufavu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abromide,

I want to thank you for your contribution to the community, I also want to tell you that I found your code extremely well written, beautiful to read (GitHub - MicahRCM/Happy-Pixels: Learn how to develop a WoW Bot).
    Going for the purpose of my contact, I'm a Python programmer, I don't know much about C # and I have basic LUA knowledge.

A while ago I tried to use PYMEM (lib-Python) to access the memory of the wow client is to collect some data, however I was not very successful, the knowledge in pointers tends to be a level that I do not have and unfortunately my work does not let me time to study other languages.

I would like to know if in your code there is any function ready to capture combat_log or something that comes close to that.
    I thank you for your time dedicated to answering me.

mokio's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fufavu View Post
    I would like to know if in your code there is any function ready to capture combat_log or something that comes close to that.
    You can hook the addon to the combat log and extend the addon to show additional squares with colors depending on what info you want to capture. You can check out guides (https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Event_API and Events/Combat | WoWWiki | Fandom) to see how the addon can react to events in the combat log.

Is there anything in particular you want to read? I am also in the middle of writing a Python bot inspired by the guide here. We can perhaps share some ideas.

pAIxel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone know why the DataToColor Addon is no more working? I think since TBC. No error message, the Frames are just not created for me

mxsn13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pAIxel View Post
    does anyone know why the DataToColor Addon is no more working? I think since TBC. No error message, the Frames are just not created for me
    Same problem, I tried changing the interface number in the toc file but it still isn't working. If anyone has a soultion would be appreciated.

Lua Error I recieved : Interface\AddOns\DataToColor\DataToColor.lua:339: attempt to call method 'SetBackdrop' (a nil value)
    Last edited by mxsn13; 06-25-2021 at 05:15 PM.

CaptainCode's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mxsn13 View Post
    Same problem, I tried changing the interface number in the toc file but it still isn't working. If anyone has a soultion would be appreciated.

Lua Error I recieved : Interface\AddOns\DataToColor\DataToColor.lua:339: attempt to call method 'SetBackdrop' (a nil value)
    SetBackdrop is a function that was removed from the default object around 9.0 -- it is still accessable but you have to derive your object from a different object. If you search on the internet there is more information about the issue -- it broke a lot of addons when they made the change.

mxsn13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CaptainCode View Post
    SetBackdrop is a function that was removed from the default object around 9.0 -- it is still accessable but you have to derive your object from a different object. If you search on the internet there is more information about the issue -- it broke a lot of addons when they made the change.
    the fix for this error is going to the the datatocolor.lua
    and go to line 339, push the f.setbackdrop down one line and add this if statemnt before that object is created in the funtion
    "
    if not f.SetBackdrop then
    Mixin(f, BackdropTemplateMixin)
    end
    "

12. Thanks Nestor001 (1 members gave Thanks to mxsn13 for this useful post)
    vidrirarki's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to use?

14. Thanks ChrisIsMe (1 members gave Thanks to vidrirarki for this useful post)
    pupokk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    each time i want to run data.js from cmd, i get "Error: Cannot find module 'robotjs'", but i have it installed, if i run npm robotjs list, i would get version 0.6.0 installed

Anarchy303's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woww thanks so much for you

thanks for your help

Qirk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got a working DataToColor for Retail? Thx.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast