Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also just banned for 6 months as of today. Thanks I guess.

artstylee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funny thing, i didnt get much money or fish. this bot doesnt work properly. and bonus banned no prob, i dont really want to play vanilla any more. just wanted to feel nostalgie

yoda_wg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also been banned for 6 months. God I feel dumb, just played around with it for a small time.
    What a waste.

Deviner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, me too.

Same boat as you @yoda_wg - I wouldn't mind but I think I probably clocked about 1-2 hours of it actually running and it was purely for just leveling it up a bit, rather than for anything more sinister.
    Last edited by Deviner; 10-24-2019 at 10:28 PM.

ariltonsama2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WARNING: This bot caused my account to be suspended. I've never used bot before so there's no way the culprit is anything else. Playing on the retail server. The bot wasn't even running for five minutes when I receave the ban. That was the biggest waste of my life. Worse, I couldn't even catch a single fish. The bot kept clicking on the float before the fish was caught.
    Last edited by ariltonsama2; 10-24-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Deviner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ariltonsama2 View Post
    WARNING: This bot caused my account to be suspended. I've never used bot before so there's no way the culprit is anything else. Playing on the retail server. The bot wasn't even running for five minutes when I receave the ban. That was the biggest waste of my life. Worse, I couldn't even catch a single fish. The bot kept clicking on the float before the fish was caught.
    They ban in waves... so you could've been using this for a month or 5 minutes, depending on when they perform the ban wave.

And yeah, the bot takes a lot of tinkering with to get right, depending on what area/weather conditions you're in (and it doesn't work at all in the rain).
    If you did get it running right, it would work pretty well in that area until you moved to another area or the weather changed - then you'd have to do all that tinkering again.

But yeah, out of the 1-2 hours of use with this bot, I think I only left it for 30 minutes unattended... rest of the time was fiddling with settings to make it work correctly.

Definitely not worth it, but we all knew the risk.

Although, with this being, what the OP has described as, mostly a pixel detection type of bot without any hooks or injection etc, I thought this would survive through the ban waves.

If you're going to get banned, may as well go all out botting your character to 60... because if you get banned, at least you won't have spent too many man hours on the character so it won't be such a big loss.
    Hand leveling your character to 60 and then getting banned for leveling up your fishing is a terrible idea - lesson learned.

8. Thanks dr.bloody (1 members gave Thanks to Deviner for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hand leveling your character to 60 and then getting banned for leveling up your fishing is a terrible idea - lesson learned.
    true
    i decided they will check my account first, i mean GM will check or smt but no they just banned me automatically. this is tough. i mean ive been always in the game and never away while botting. i repeat i didnt get any money. mostly i was configuring this to work somehow
    christ

InnerSilence's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They went too far this time, literally they banned people for having a software on their PC regardless of if they used it actually or not.

mystique_man's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was banned) Be careful. Caught a character who never figured anywhere-did not go to the dungeon, did not write in chat rooms, did not have friends. Caught in the caves of the wailing (live in the dungeon!) in a small a puddle of) Undergo there druid in invisibility one thing pleasure) There gets caught Deviate Fish with chance 30%. Caught and sold many other characters 800 gold on 4-9 gold for 20 units. Blocking can link with data moment: week ago under industrialized fishing in another place (very secluded place thorny valley and Western the brink) on morning found individual dead, and personal messages with request buff. The mob couldn't reach me even theoretically 100% his led offended that someone wrote to me. Apparently after this made report.

Ban for 6 month
    Last edited by mystique_man; 10-25-2019 at 01:07 AM.

yoda_wg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by InnerSilence View Post
    They went too far this time, literally they banned people for having a software on their PC regardless of if they used it actually or not.
    It's enough if you've tried it out for a few minutes and didn't even catch a fish with it, it's strictly against TOS.
    And apparently it was very easily detectable, as stated in OP's posts from earlier.

I knew the risks but really haven't been banned for short fishbot sessions in the 15 years of WoW, so didn't really gave a shit. I was under the impression that they still only ban for economy reasons.
    Someone know more details on detection method? I can't even access my emails right now.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but try to prove it to them
    6 month ban for nothing is tough. first ban could be more tolerant
    but lets look at it from aside
    we can waste our time to something better than for a time sucking old game
    Last edited by artstylee; 10-25-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yoda_wg View Post
    It's enough if you've tried it out for a few minutes and didn't even catch a fish with it, it's strictly against TOS.
    And apparently it was very easily detectable, as stated in OP's posts from earlier.

I knew the risks but really haven't been banned for short fishbot sessions in the 15 years of WoW, so didn't really gave a shit. I was under the impression that they still only ban for economy reasons.
    Someone know more details on detection method? I can't even access my emails right now.
    Most probably memory signature detection something like what antiviruses do. When they detect a bot in your PC memory they can take a screenshot from your desktop and send it to their servers to confirm.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by InnerSilence View Post
    Most probably memory signature detection something like what antiviruses do. When they detect a bot in your PC memory they can take a screenshot from your desktop and send it to their servers to confirm.
    what
    is that legal? i guess an exe file which reads memory already a sign that are you using something. not a single addon do this. but taking a screenshot is illegal i think. i guess they already have a technology to detect bots and maybe a team which searchs such forums like this, learning the code and understand what is the bot doing
    Last edited by artstylee; 10-25-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by artstylee View Post
    what
    is that legal? i guess an exe file which reads memory already a sign that are you using something. not a single addon do this. but taking a screenshot is illegal i think. i guess they already have a technology to detect bots and maybe a team which searchs such forums like this, learning the code and understand what is the bot doing
    OFC, they do have teams that search this forums and others. Trust me, I am not sure what Blizz do exactly but game companies do things beyond just memory scanning. There are some anti cheat software out there that even search your windows system directory for drivers installed, hook to kernel to detect win API calls, etc. Blizz do scan your PC memory for bots. That's for sure. This is even in their EULA.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast