Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found an article about another tool that might be useful, though this tool doesn't mention obfuscation. It does mention being able to set breakpoints, etc. in executing code.
    It came in a "SourceForge Update" Issue #15 that I got in email earlier today.
    x64dbg download | SourceForge.net

Community Choice Project of the Month for October
    from the email:

"x64dbg is a user-mode debugger for Windows that focuses on debugging and analyzing executables, for which the source code is not available. A good use case would be debugging malware. Once you load an executable you can step through it, place breakpoints, view the registers, memory, call stack, threads and a lot more. Learn more from developer Duncan Ogilvie who shared some thoughts about the project’s history, purpose, and direction here*.
    Start using x64dbg today. "

*here is a link to Duncan Ogilvie's discussion about the project:
    October 2017, “Community Choice” Project of the Month – x64dbg - SourceForge Community Blog

Again, hope this helps. The tools might be useful.
    Last edited by Allureana; 10-04-2017 at 11:12 PM.

[Repost] SIG & MD5 Protection Remover
  2. Thanks lululalaland (1 members gave Thanks to Allureana for this useful post)
    Allureana's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggestions:
    1 - perhaps Blizzard will tire of obfuscating their code, as I read that doing so also may make it harder for their own developers to debug. Maybe just do a quick attempt to disassemble each new patch to see if they gave up the effort of obfuscation after what they felt was long enough to discourage reverse engineering? I doubt they will give it up, but hey, if they do, we might have a brief return to what was and maybe be able to capture a few more of our visuals until they resume obfuscation?
    2 - read about methods they might be using to obfuscate the code to see what those tools do and perhaps figure out how to reverse that? https://www.google.com/search?source...our+executable shows lots of different tools for obfuscating different languages (C++, .NET, Java, etcetera).

(edit: I notice the link I posted has some dot dot dot ellipses in it and might not work right, but all I did was search for "obfuscate your executable")

Although I doubt the developers of such tools might fail to obfuscate their own tools, at least one of those tools I saw looked like it was open source and could be studied.

Just some ideas being tossed out here. Is anyone making any progress - or even still spending any time attempting to work on this issue? I hope not everyone has completely given up. Meanwhile, I've scoured my PC looking for vid captures of some of the antics of my underdressed or altered toons and found a few interesting shots. I especially enjoy ones I have of my draenei swimming along in the water, with the POV looking slightly up and back at her fome just a little below and ahead of her. Those bring a whole new meaning and view to the "breast stroke". Ah, the memories.

doityourself's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    35/448
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Allureana View Post
    Suggestions:
    1 - perhaps Blizzard will tire of obfuscating their code, as I read that doing so also may make it harder for their own developers to debug. Maybe just do a quick attempt to disassemble each new patch to see if they gave up the effort of obfuscation after what they felt was long enough to discourage reverse engineering? I doubt they will give it up, but hey, if they do, we might have a brief return to what was and maybe be able to capture a few more of our visuals until they resume obfuscation?
    2 - read about methods they might be using to obfuscate the code to see what those tools do and perhaps figure out how to reverse that? https://www.google.com/search?source...our+executable shows lots of different tools for obfuscating different languages (C++, .NET, Java, etcetera).

(edit: I notice the link I posted has some dot dot dot ellipses in it and might not work right, but all I did was search for "obfuscate your executable")

Although I doubt the developers of such tools might fail to obfuscate their own tools, at least one of those tools I saw looked like it was open source and could be studied.

Just some ideas being tossed out here. Is anyone making any progress - or even still spending any time attempting to work on this issue? I hope not everyone has completely given up. Meanwhile, I've scoured my PC looking for vid captures of some of the antics of my underdressed or altered toons and found a few interesting shots. I especially enjoy ones I have of my draenei swimming along in the water, with the POV looking slightly up and back at her fome just a little below and ahead of her. Those bring a whole new meaning and view to the "breast stroke". Ah, the memories.
    Try to use my launcher (in testing phase, not sure if it will lead to bans), if you are talking about loading custom files.

5. Thanks Allureana (1 members gave Thanks to doityourself for this useful post)
    galaser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by king48488 View Post
    Try to use my launcher (in testing phase, not sure if it will lead to bans), if you are talking about loading custom files.
    Is it adapted under Windows 8? Not everyone has win 10.

Thanks G/R
    35/448
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by galaser View Post
    Is it adapted under Windows 8? Not everyone has win 10.
    Right now I'm at a point where I say: That's your problem if you failed to use a free upgrade to a better system.

lululalaland's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by king48488 View Post
    Right now I'm at a point where I say: That's your problem if you failed to use a free upgrade to a better system.
    not really a "better system" if it breaks your computer

pogob's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    28/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Allureana View Post
    Suggestions:

Blizz seems to be somewhat tired already, the last patch (7.3.2) saw a lot of protections that were implemented in 7.3 removed. No idea why they did that and if they're planning on making a new Warden but this patch is much more forgiving to injections at least.

lululalaland's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pogob View Post
    Blizz seems to be somewhat tired already, the last patch (7.3.2) saw a lot of protections that were implemented in 7.3 removed. No idea why they did that and if they're planning on making a new Warden but this patch is much more forgiving to injections at least.
    wait... so 7.3.2 is already out ? i apologize if i understood something wrong, but i just cancelled my sub last week

Thanks G/R
    35/448
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pogob View Post
    Not really, nope

Arturios's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so I noticed that wow new patch 7.3.2 is out is there a new version of the exe coming soon? just wondering got some orc skins that are from the draenor orcs I like to use

galaser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Arturios View Post
    so I noticed that wow new patch 7.3.2 is out is there a new version of the exe coming soon? just wondering got some orc skins that are from the draenor orcs I like to use
    in this moment, this protection remover is not working, blizz made new protection. I can only advice to use Arctium WoW Client Launcher, now it support windows 7.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for mentioning that launcher. I had not heard of it* and it does work. I still miss tmorph, but half a loaf is better than none.

* - I don't know how I missed your post to me from Oct 26 where you told me to try the launcher, but it wasn't until today (Dec 10) that I saw the email notification of the posts in this thread and found "Arctium WoW Client Launcher" to Google for so I could get it. I have no words to express how grateful I am for this launcher, even though I still miss the playing around I did with tmorph appearance changes. Were you already using x64dbg before I suggested it on Oct 4th? Were any of my suggestions helpful? I can't focus well enough to do the nitty gritty work but sometimes I have good hunches about tools to try using.
    Last edited by Allureana; 12-11-2017 at 01:47 AM.

15. Thanks Natea (1 members gave Thanks to Allureana for this useful post)
    Natea's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something new? :_(

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Natea View Post
    something new? :_(
    I'm just using the Arctium WoW Launcher for now, until maybe someone figures out how to make a tmorph equivalent that works again.
    Google search for "Arctium WoW Launcher" and you should be taken to the other place in ownedcore where you can find the download link.
    It's been working OK for me with the "non model change patches" from the Legion patches in the download section at Azerothica*.
    The creator does caution that it might be detectable by Blizzard, but so far, I've had no issues except when the Battle.net & WoW game updated versions and I forgot to go get the updated launcher. If that happens and the game crashes, make sure to UNCHECK the box that says send the report to Blizzard and close out of the error reporting box without sending any report at all.Then go look for the arctium wow launcher's latest update and replace the old one with one that says it's specifically for the current version of the wow game.
    Note: it is only for use with retail WoW. This is nothing like as powerful as tmorph was, but at least the bikinis can come off again.

* - If anyone knows of any changed-model nude patches that work with Legion (without creating invisible avatars or exploding effects during animations), please supply a link to those here, or at least tell us where to look. So far, all of any "model changed" patches I found for Legion just don't work. Either they don't rez, or they crash the game, or the animation effects cause "exploding" of the avatar.

18. Thanks Natea (1 members gave Thanks to Allureana for this useful post)
    Natea's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my case I think that the arctium launcher will not be enough for me.
    I need the .exe in this posts to load a modified .db2 with custom gameobject patch for a private roleplay server.

Arctium Launcher works to load modified db2 files with custom skins, more spawning gameobjects?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast