Free Far Sight - The new WoW Machinima Tool! Increase view distance and remove fog! menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SnorlaxHF's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free Far Sight - The new WoW Machinima Tool! Increase view distance and remove fog!

DOWNLOAD: https://bitbucket.org/Kyssah/ffs/downloads

Hello guys! I have been a huge fan of WoW Machinima Tool since they launched. Unfortunately they stopped working, so I had to find an alternative.
    I couldn't find one a few months/years back when I looked, but I finally found a new working one!

Before: http://puu.sh/8pOoa.jpg
    After: http://puu.sh/8pOyR.jpg

INSANE INCREASE. I run this at 60 FPS minimum without any drops on a 780 Ti, but I didn't notice any performance difference from before and after.

The tool is called Free Far Sight.

You can find the original MMO-Champion thread here: Free Far Sight, the new Wow Machinima Tool
    You can grab a copy here: https://bitbucket.org/Kyssah/ffs/downloads

Extract the files into a folder and run a 32-bit instance of WoW. Then open the FFS program and go to the "Light" tab. Press enable to the left, change Density to 0 and View Distance to 2500 for maximum performance and view distance. And that's it! Play around with the stuff as much as you want. This is my current configuration:

Don't look at the colors, because they WILL change from land to land. 2500 distance and 0 density.

I should probably state the obvious.. This does modify with WoW's process. I have no idea how, but I'm pretty sure it's memory editing. Can you get banned? Probably.. Will they care? I seriously doubt.
    Last edited by SnorlaxHF; 08-15-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Free Far Sight - The new WoW Machinima Tool! Increase view distance and remove fog!
  2. Thanks hackerlol, Torpedoes (2 members gave Thanks to SnorlaxHF for this useful post)
    #ClumsyWizard's Avatar Contributor The Clumsiest of Wizards CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can mess with the colors correctly, then you can legitimately troll people like a fellow I know on the WoW forums.

Other than that it's a good tool.

Edit:

Before people go question it's usefulness you CAN turn off terrain, WMOs and other things with the tool. Want to Dark Soil farm? Just load up this program as stated above, and in the first tab there should be a box that says "Toggle Terrain" or something of the like. If you check it the terrain should disappear and leave everything else visible..
    Last edited by #ClumsyWizard; 05-07-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by #ClumsyWizard View Post
    If you can mess with the colors correctly, then you can legitimately troll people like a fellow I know on the WoW forums.

Other than that it's a good tool.
    Definitely! Which way did you get trolled? Or rather, which way did he troll people?

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He led everyone on believing their was a darker nights addon.

Here's what he posted with help of the tool.

Darker Nights 2 - Imgur
    Darker Nights Duskwood - Imgur
    Darker Nights - Westfall and Darnassus - Imgur
    Darker Nights - Thunder Bluff - Imgur

Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darker Nights 2 - Imgur
    Oh wow haha! That really is funny. Well done by him - Those screenshots look fantastic btw.

temp123's Avatar Member
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMFG if blizzard does not pick up and do something about them nights they be damn, pure night shit look soo good

spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, feangren here, the one who made the topic on MMO-Champion.

There is a reason why I posted it on MMO-C and not here.
    The tool is made for machinima purpose ONLY, and not for some filthy, dirty and shitty exploiting like some of you are already suggesting. Finding this tool amongst bots and other shits like that is not something I really like to see.

You really should have asked Kyssah or me if it was okay to post the link here.
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

bobtehnerd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spoutnik View Post
    Hello, feangren here, the one who made the topic on MMO-Champion.

There is a reason why I posted it on MMO-C and not here.
    The tool is made for machinima purpose ONLY, and not for some filthy, dirty and shitty exploiting like some of you are already suggesting. Finding this tool amongst bots and other shits like that is not something I really like to see.

So you dislike people who exploit yet you exploit yourself. Woaw man, taking it to another level.

spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a difference between exploring (which has zero influence on other players) and exploiting to get advantage over other players, you know ?
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Alfalfa's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    70/79
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "fog removal"
    Thank you so much, +3 rep, have been looking for this for a long time.

Darker Nights 2 - Imgur
    Lol, I wish that was real. The current night does not look dark at all, it's so disappointing. True night time would be amazing.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly encourage you to NOT abuse this tool or exploit with it at all. If you do so, you risk losing:
    • Freedom to choose the environment you play in
    • Machinimas with spectacular scenes
    • Public releases by this developer and others
    • Your account if and when Blizzard finds out.

Blizzard gladly overlooks these programs as long as they're not being abused. Keep this in mind.

Kyssah's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you really should... This tool has been made for the exactly same reason of WMT : for machinima purpose. I don't think it place is among bots. Thanks Xel and the mod who put this thread in a more appropriate section

Originally Posted by SnorlaxHF View Post
    I should probably state the obvious.. This does modify with WoW's process. I have no idea how, but I'm pretty sure it's memory editing. Can you get banned? Probably.. Will they care? I seriously doubt.
    Yeah, it is memory editing. I don't know what it could have been .

Before people go question it's usefulness you CAN turn off terrain, WMOs and other things with the tool. Want to Dark Soil farm? Just load up this program as stated above, and in the first tab there should be a box that says "Toggle Terrain" or something of the like. If you check it the terrain should disappear and leave everything else visible..
    That is exactly what I dislike to read. I just added this functionality because Malu added it on WMT. But I will definitely consider to remove that part because I don't think it is really useful for machinimas.

Oh and, this is Khamúl's video made as an exemple of what you can do with the program :

King Protos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really missed the old WMT, glad to see it's resurrected in a way.

Anyone got a good setup for the "Darker Nights" as posted above? I tried tweaking it around a bit but couldn't get it to look quite right, and the ones posted above look fantastic.

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some experimentation of the program I've discovered a fine line between dos and don't with it.

As creative as it sounds, I recommend never recording a boss fight like Norushan in slowmo. The result here was interesting to look at, but it didn't feel right.

This video here is a collection of myself shifting through enviroments leading me to realize that the skybox is the source of lighting for the game world. The ambient light from lamp posts, and the like have no residual effect on the game world itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdrTd2vbrjg

For darker nights shift through the environmental settings, and keep the ambient light/diffuse light, and sky colors to a strict dark blue, and dark purple color palette.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a difference between exploring (which has zero influence on other players) and exploiting to get advantage over other players, you know ?
    If you write a tool that can be used to exploit... it will be used to exploit. Welcome to the real world. Yes, a lot of users on this site want nothing better but to find an "edge". However, a few bad eggs doesn't automatically shun the entire community.

Also, the fact that you're using this tool is a disadvantage to other players. They can't do the same things you can with this tool, if they were making a machinima. So your argument really has no merits other than "well, I don't use it to gather stuff easier, so I'm not exploiting". By your argument, all the people who use collision-based exploits to get to areas you can't normally get to, are "bad" exploiters, but since you can literally fly your camera wherever, you're a "good" exploiter. Seems kind of one-sided don't you think? FYI; the use of collision/wall jumping/etc exploits, can and will get people suspended and/or banned (depending on where they go).

Also, I hate the "idealist" view of people who hate everyone that doesn't see things the way they do. Fact is, if Blizzard even remotely cared about their game anymore, bots, hacks, etc, would be much much more difficult to create, and they'd be less of an issue for players who claim that bots/hacks ruin the game.

@Kyssah; nice work. I only popped it into IDA for a quick check (as I do with just about every program released on this site that I come across), but you should also add Blizz's debug rendering (collision, bounding boxes, etc) all of which are done in their render flags that you already modify to disable terrain/WMO/etc. I'd also suggest a small modification to allow changing water "speed" and rain.

Also, you're not allowed to package the DBC files with your app. Just an FYI. Look into StormLib if you need to rummage through the MPQs. (Blizz has a habit of going apeshit if you distribute any of "their" files, but don't seem to care if what you distribute breaks the game entirely)

17. Thanks Alfalfa (1 members gave Thanks to Apoc for this useful post)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast