Injection code into wow. Do you have to call functions from the main thread? menu

User Tag List

Miivers's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injection code into wow. Do you have to call functions from the main thread?

Hello

First some background information:
    I have been working on my own little bot for a few days. Currently I have been reading memory to get the information I need and then send keystrokes to WoW in order to control my character. This has a lot of limitations and it did not take me long time to realize that I need to inject code into WoW and calling its functions.

My Question:
    Lets say I inject a dll and want to call "ClickToMove". Can i do this from the thread "CreateRemoteThread" gives me? Or do I have to do this from the process main thread?

Injection code into wow. Do you have to call functions from the main thread?
    kosacid's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this post would be better put into the memory section, but to your question you don't need to inject anything its just down to using mem read right, i use c++ but its not hard to work out but i did post on what your working on http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...loot-prob.html ([HELP]CTM auto loot prob)

Miivers's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I would never have thought that we could write x,y,z coordinates into memory and change a flag in order to move.