Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide : WoW Servers and You, What and what is not possible.

[UPDATE]081507:02:57pm - Added section, [ Hacks, What can be done client side ]

[UPDATE]091507:1:51am - Added section, [ Stat-Changer and it's impossible possibility of working ]

I'm now writing this guide, to simply clarify what is and is not possible with WoW hacking. I've decided I've read to many posts which end in a reply of "Can't be done, thats server-sided."

Well lets get Started.
    [ The 2 ways information interacts with your Client ]

Server-Sent Information:

This way of interaction with the WoW Server is in the direction of, Server -> Client. The Server sends packet information telling the Client to update information. This information is constantly changing. Heres a tree to demonstrate how this works.

Other Client Info. -> Server -> Update Tick -> Client

It's rather simple. The server automatically collects data from other clients, it waits for a Tick to go off, a tick is like a set timer that constantly resets, once the Tick goes off, It will send all the updated information to your Client.

Sent information includes :

Buff timers, Cooldowns, Global Cooldowns, Weapon attack tick, Position, UI Ticks and more..

Lets break these down :

Buff Timers : They tell the client and server when to remove a buff from both UI and from client data.

Cooldowns : The timer that tells the client when it can use an item again.

Global Cooldowns : Same thing as a cooldown, except it is target to a pool of things rather than a specific thing or item.

Weapon Attack Tick : This is a server tick, that tell the server when to send out attack information, this is dependent on Weapon attack speed.

Position : Position of Entities, XYZ.

UI Ticks : The Ticks sent when a trigger goes off, This is how a UI Functions, The client will receive all the UI Ticks / Triggers, whatever Addon Interested will act when a specific Tick / Trigger is activated.

Let's move on to Client Information

Client-Sent Information:

This way of interaction can update but doesn't have to. It's the information your client collects of yourself and sends to the server. In WoW this includes when items / attacks / buffs are triggered, when and how far your character moves (XYZ). This information is almost all the time ONLY updated when you trigger something yourself. Heres a diagram..

Client Information Collection -> Trigger -> Server

This kind of information
    CAN be manipulated. This information can be..

XYZ Information, Wallclimbing float angle manipulation, Attack Triggers, Buff Triggers -> BUT this information cannot be manipulated if a server-side timer is restricting the client.

The posted variables should be obvious ad the previous and should not have to be explained.

[ Memory addresses ]

Memory addresses should be simple to anyone, but I'm explaining them anyways.

A Memory address is the Physical address in your little memory stick which information is stored. The Address(es) is allocated when the WoW Process is opened. The address can be Static which the address of information will Never change as long as the game does not change, or it can be opposite of static, which always changes. Non-Static Addresses change whenever the game updates. This is when you reload the game, EX. Instancing, porting, dieing. Static addresses ONLY change when the game *.exe is modified or changed.

Memory Address usually are stored in a pattern in which the game can pull back up later such as the XYZ Pattern, they are all 4 bytes apart.

That is it for memory for now.

[ Hacks, What can be done client side ]

I would firstly like to post the most common asked about hacks for WoW, If they're possible, the threat level the pose and just some general information on them.

Speedhacking : Possible, although very detectable. Usually done by "Global Speedhacks" as I call them, which speed the entire computer process rather than a target process. For ex. CheatEngine Provides a Targeted Process Speedhack speeding only the selected process, which a program like A-Speeder is a Global Speedhack, speeding the entire computer process.

Human Emulation : Also known as Bots. Most have come and gone, A LOT of underground ones which I myself even have made one and maintain. Although the most notorious WoW-Bot is WoWGlider. Coming in a nice second though Would have to now be the compilation of Bots written for Innerspace, a programmable OS(Operating System) created by LavishSoft. They are detectable although bot makers take precautions to prevent detection, which unfortunately sometimes fail.

Teleporting : Teleport hacks, They are still possible, but its very unlikely you will be teleporting anywhere soon on live as blizzard has a very tight reign on the issue.

Now that that is done, I'll be moving on to what can be done with client side information. Because no hack can edit a server's information (Unless you plan on going to prison for hack.).

Possible Client Side Information Manipulations :

Memory and packets can be read, and ANY memory can be changed, BUT it depends whether Warden is looking for changes in that memory address or packet, this decides if you'll be banned or not when you try changing say, the memory address that holds your name for all addresses.

Common possible memory edits include : Mountain-Climbing, Teleporting, and more as I think of them because I just had a brain fart.. (if your really reading this quote this line.)

Common things read from memory to hack : Reading Character Name, Reading X Y Z coordinates, Reading Rotation, Reading Health, Reading Mana/Power, Reading MapID.

Most the things posted in this section are the known limits of WoW, Although we're always looking for someone to push the envelope and to find something new.

Stat-Changer and it's impossible possibility of it working:
    Thats right! I finally update and Stat-Changer gets its VERY OWN bold statement and section in the thread.

I got VERY few points to state about this "Stat-Changer".

One: This hack is not possible client side, because ALL character stats and attributes are stored on the SERVER! THIS IS GOD DAMN COMMON SENSE. If ANY part of your character is stored CLIENT SIDE, EVERY time you reinstalled WoW, you would lose your CHARACTERS. THIS IS SERIOUSLY SIMPLE. Everything about EVERY character is stored on the servers. That's why this is not easy (possible but harsh consequences).

Two: Now don't get my last statement wrong. This hack is actually possible, but due to the small fact of you having to hack the WoW servers just to even change the stats of your character would be enough to send you to prison. You would be off in a holding cell before you knew it. This is also common sense, you would have to literally BRUTE-FORCE the WoW servers to give you the information and then BRUTE-FORCE them to change it, and little Timmy, Would you want to goto prison for tampering with Blizzard's Property? No.

Three: Your an idiot to believe any bullshit story about client-side storage of your character.

Three simple common-sense points on Stat-changers..

[ More to come.. ]

Yet again I have to wait until another time to continue posting, cause like many I too have a life to get back to. I'll keep posting when I can and updating sections when I feel needed.

- Su1cidity.
    Last edited by suicidity; 09-16-2007 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Added information.

Guide : WoW Servers and You, What and what is not possible.
    Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Guide : WoW Servers and You, What and what is not possible.

Thanks for the guide, should help some of the new users understand why there's no such thing as 'god mode hax'.

suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try, and I'm definitely aiming it at new users to help them understand why we cant make amazing things work. Just hoping it dampen the 10 posts a day about 'would-be-cool-if..' hack posts.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by suicidity View Post
    I try, and I'm definitely aiming it at new users to help them understand why we cant make amazing things work. Just hoping it dampen the 10 posts a day about 'would-be-cool-if..' hack posts.
    Oh it's more than 10, they just get deleted pretty fast by the mod/admin team. We're like ninjas, we stealth in, delete the threads and stealth out.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn joo ninjas!:fart:

I guess I was just referring to the threads that randomly survive.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by suicidity View Post
    Damn joo ninjas!:fart:

I guess I was just referring to the threads that randomly survive.
    Yeah, even ninjas need to sleep sometimes too.

opas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good info hopefully it will save some nubs time from searching for some hacks that dont exist +rep

Nlghtmare's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! This should clear up stuff for a lot of people. But the ignorance on these forums will continue to flourish as I know not everyone will take the time to read this well put together informative guide!

Zokmag's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im on this is really good! Many noobs gets viruses from non-working hax!

PolishMaster2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo deserves sticky

namelessgnome's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep sticky it so the n00bs won't buy statchanger

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stat-changer is next on my list.

shakib's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait so u just said that infinite buff timers are not possible right because it sends the info to the server when it goes off

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infinite buffs are actually possible but the use is VERY limited. The only infinite buffs that you can have practically(When I say infinite I really mean about 5 minutes more of..) is movement increasing abilities. Any combat related buffs such as say, Evocation won't work. You can do this by limiting the incoming packets from the WoW Server. But then you still do not receive any packets until you increase packet flow again, so any damage dealt, and roots or frost nova's, will all appear when you increase your packet flow to normal.

Originally Posted by shakib
    wait so u just said that infinite buff timers are not possible right because it sends the info to the server when it goes off
    No I did not say that, I said that infinite buffs (I really meant anything combat useful) are not possible. The SERVER sends the CLIENT the information telling when the buff is up.

This is why MOVEMENT is possible. MOVEMENT is CLIENT-SIDE in World of Warcraft. This is why when you lag in Ironforge, you run slow. This is also why using packet limiters work for speed increasing abilities. Because the client only knows you can run so fast, so if the server never updates the client that it had lost that speed increasing ability, then the client keeps running at that speed.

So this is my example..

SERVER [] -> (Speed packet) -> CLIENT []

SERVER [] -> blocked <- || CLIENT []

SERVER [] <- receives info <- || CLIENT []

SERVER [] <- Movement <- || CLIENT []

SERVER [] -> unblocked -> (Speed packet) -> CLIENT []

What just happed.. The server told the client it got SPEED. Then CLIENT then blocked ALL incoming traffic from SERVER, But CLIENT sends information to SERVER still. CLIENT moves around with the speed, Then CLIENT unblocks SERVER. This allows SERVER to update CLIENT with the speed buff.

Well Anyways, I hope that clears things up. I know it's a lot of reading, I didn't anticipate to type that much.. But it happened.

- suicidity.

Zephyr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice guide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast