Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[Review]PocketGnome a WoW bot + PLUA for MAC

Introduction
    Pocket Gnome is the only World of Warcraft bot for Mac OSX. This automatically made me a sceptic as it would be very easy for them to make a bad WoW bot without losing customers to competition. Today I'm very happy to say they proved me wrong. Pocket Gnome can do everything you want it to do in a simple, yet advanced way. If you're used to bots like Glider or Honorbuddy, you're in for a very nice surprise.

Where to buy and pricing
    You can buy the bot -> here <- Register to buy it.
    Pricing is as follows:

One time fee $25 USD (Lifetime)
    1 month $8.99 USD per month.
    3 months $7.99 USD per month.
    6 months $6.99 USD per month.

Consider the pricing to be like WoW. The $25 USD is the initial cost of the bot and then you have a monthly fee afterwards.

Features
    I didn't want to write this review in the way you would normally write a review. We all know what Pocket Gnome can and can't do. It's a 2012 WoW bot so it can basically do everything you want it to do. However, there are a few things I'd like to point out because I feel Pocket Gnome excells at certain functions.

1. Grinding
    It doesn't matter what you want to farm, this bot can farm it for you. With Pocket Gnome's simple routing, behaviour and combat profile system it's super easy to switch from Herbalism and Mining to farming mobs.

2. Remote Monitoring
    Something I've noticed in other bots like Honorbuddy is that they have a plugin system but not a built-in remote monitoring system. Pocket Gnome does have this and it's hosted on the Pocket Gnome website.

3. Questing
    Pocket Gnome can quest and it can do it well. In PG you don't have to mess around with XML files anymore. You simply start recording, and do your quests. Even though making actual questing profiles is meant to be done by the more advanced Pocket Gnome users, it's not at all hard to do. After two days of messing around with Pocket Gnome I had made my own level 1-5 questing profile.

4. Battleground mode
    Yes, Pocket Gnome does battlegrounds as well. All you need to do is set the desired battleground and the bot can do this. During the waiting you can continue to farm / herb / skin / grind whatever. It ill enter the battle ground, finish it then go back to what it was doing prior to the battleground starting.

5. Advanced professions
    Because Pocket Gnome uses a ground breaking way of making profiles, you can use it to make your own 'bots'. This means that eventhough it's not programmed in the original bot, you can always adjust your route to simply do your professions work for you. Even if the things you need it to do are very advanced you can still make your route do it.

6. Injections? KEEP YOUR STINKING INJECTIONS!

Yeah that's right, Pocket Gnome doesn't inject so the chances of you getting banned are very low. If you're looking to bot really safely, this is probably the way to go. Luckily, even though the bot doesn't inject, it can still do what every other bot can do. I'd even say it's better at some things.

Feel of the bot
    Looking at the layout of Pocket Gnome puts a smile on my face. Not only is it easy to use its simply functions (start the bot, stop the bot, load a route, etc.), it's also extremely easy to navigate your way through the more advanced functions. Something I noticed about Pocket Gnome is that you don't feel like you're using someone elses software. It feels more as if you have a framework that you can work with. You're not just clicking a button and hoping it'll work out. It feels like you're building your own private bot.

Release the Gracken! WAKE UP THE GOBLIN!
    So you're a botter, now what if you want to be a hacker too? You can! Pocket Gnome has a couple of built in hacks that you can use while botting as well. This DOES inject into WoW however, so use it at your own risk. 'Pocket Goblin' as it is called, requires a separate subscription of $2.99 USD per month.
    Here's the list of usable hacks:

1. Water walking
    2. Track all units
    3. Wall walk
    4. Fly hack
    5. Remove terrain collision
    6. Disable afk check
    7. Track all objects
    8. Enable P(rotected)LUA

Compare and conclude
    Because Pocket Gnome is the only WoW bot for Mac OSX I can't compare it to any of its serious competitors (it has none) so let's compare it to the best Windows WoW bot out there at the moment, Honorbuddy.

Something I really like about Pocket Gnome is the layout/the UI. It's easy to learn and even easier to use eventually. Coming to think of it, the entire bot is easy to use. This is something I've missed from other bots like Honorbuddy. Pocket Gnome is easier to navigate, easier to make routes for, easier to make custom classes for. Basically, it's just a lot easier.

Videos
    We have created some videos with footage given to us, so the quality is somewhat shifting, but you can see some of the features from the bot in action.

PocketGnome Gathering

PocketGnome Skinning and Prospecting

PocketGnome Player versus Player

PocketGnome Questing (Starter zone)
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 01-26-2013 at 12:58 PM.

[Review]PocketGnome a WoW bot + PLUA for MAC
    Tanaris4's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :: Reserved to answer questions ::
    https://tanaris4.com

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome KuR
    Hey I just met you

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please note that the devs, or some of them, are on this forum - so they should be able to answer any questions

jamesbay's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post, and I can only back it up as a user of PG for 1.5 year: I use it everyday to farm mats and do random BGs

The forum is really active and people are always nice to help you out really fast!

Forgot to mention there is also a student discount.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jamesbay View Post
    Nice post, and I can only back it up as a user of PG for 1.5 year: I use it everyday to farm mats and do random BGs

The forum is really active and people are always nice to help you out really fast!

Forgot to mention there is also a student discount.
    could you elaborate on that? So I can add it to the post

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanaris would be better at explaining this

However, the price is not officially available on the website, but by contacting the support team, you will get info about the discount. You provide your student mail (.edu) and/or student card with picture, hence you will receive a discount.

Tanaris4's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you need to do is reach out to [email protected] for info on pricing - should always get a response within 24 hours.
    https://tanaris4.com

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tanaris4 View Post
    All you need to do is reach out to [email protected] for info on pricing - should always get a response within 24 hours.
    Nice , thanks

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps also mention fishing. PG does a really good job at fishing, whether you want to stand in one spot and fish 1-525, XX hours or do the Dalaran coins in the fountain achievements, or have a flying route and only have it fish in pools it comes by. Also PG automatically applies the best lure available in your inventory for that extra skill
    Last edited by jamesbay; 02-22-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Jokur's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps also mention fishing. PG does a really good job at fishing, whether you want to stand in one spot and fish 1-525, XX hours or do the Dalaran coins in the fountain achievements, or have a flying route and only have it fish in pools in comes by. Also PG automatically applies the best lure available in your inventory for that extra skill
    Yeah great points. I just take it all for granted lol. I cant imagine ever actually fishing. I would /slit wrists if I had to do it manually.

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps also mention fishing. PG does a really good job at fishing, whether you want to stand in one spot and fish 1-525, XX hours or do the Dalaran coins in the fountain achievements, or have a flying route and only have it fish in pools in comes by. Also PG automatically applies the best lure available in your inventory for that extra skill
    thanks for mentioning that, I think kur forgot it.
    Hey I just met you

JuJuBoSc's Avatar Banned for scamming CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bot is really great, +rep for Tanaris he work hard on it

qjao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is just me, or the site http://pocketgno.me/ is off? Im really thinking in give it a try...

Always used dualBoot just for botting, this bot gonna be wonderful to me.

wannapuke's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qjao View Post
    Is just me, or the site http://pocketgno.me/ is off? Im really thinking in give it a try...

Always used dualBoot just for botting, this bot gonna be wonderful to me.
    Yup, it is down for me, too.

Edit: I am a PG user and it appears that the website and the authentication server are linked – I am unable to start PG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast