Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Complete Honorbuddy Guide/Setup (LONG READ)

Hey MMOwned,

Dr. Doom here! Just wanted to show everyone how to setup Honorbuddy and show you guys the full setup and how to get things running and let you know some of my favorite profiles for making the GOLD!

General Info

Alright, I'm going to tell you guys the general information about Honorbuddy/Gatherbuddy and get you guys into the loop. Honorbuddy/Gatherbuddy is a World of Warcraft bot used to emulate a player actually playing the game. People use the bot to level characters, gather herbs or ores, and hey, even fish! The bot can do whatever you DON'T want to do, and it does it quite nicely.

Honorbuddy/Gatherbuddy is one of 'THE' best bots around that's allowed for the public. The bot isn't free of course, it is set at a fair price of 24.99 Euro, and they recently added 30 Day Paid Plugin Keys which are 4.99 Euros.

Helpful Links

Here are some links for what you will need to set up, get profiles, and get support when using their bot, or if you need payment help.

The HonorBuddy/GatherBuddy Homepage

The HonorBuddy/GatherBuddy Forums

The HonorBuddy/GatherBuddy Downloads

(Click the circular image to which one you want to purchase)

Bossland(Owner) Facebook Page

The HonorBuddy/GatherBuddy Facebook Page
    (A little cliche, but felt the need to post it)

What To Purchase?

As of 31st of July the subscriptions were changed. Click the link below to buy the version that you want.

Honorbuddy Elite 3 Sessions 59.98 EUR

Honorbuddy Elite 1 Session 24.98 EUR

Honorbudy 1 Day Access 0.98 EUR

The Setup

*** WoW must be running before you open Honorbuddy, and it must be running at Minimized (Fullscreen) ***

Now that all the formalities, and informative stuff is gone and done with, assuming you got a hold of your own HB/GB subscription lets set it up!

The first thing we need to do is download our installer: HB Download

Once you download that we can get started!

[/COLOR]
    Begin by downloading the file from honorbuddy forums, and once it's done downloading you want to extract it to your desktop, and you can rename the folder, "HB" I just felt that it was easier to see abbreviations.

Open the folder you just extracted on the desktop, and you should see a list of files, you want to go ahead and Right-Click on "honorbuddy" with the bee icon, and select "Run As Administrator" this is very important.

You want to make sure you have .net framework up to date, because that's a huge part of allowing this program to run.

Once you have the program running, you're gonna be at a login screen like so:

You want to put in the information you used to purchase the program, they made you create an account to purchase the program. If you have bought a Plugin Key for the flying mount, it's an obvious on where you want to plugin the number given to you, along with the account login. They use servers to verify everything, so that's why they have a login.

Once you have logged in, it's going to do it's little verification process and log you in, atleast it's supposed to.

Once you're logged in, yo should see a screen like this one:

Of course you're not gonna have all that data in the log, because I have been running mine for a little while now. The buttons would normally say Start and Load Profile, but also in bold, and now greyed out (cause mine is started).

You're going to want to find a profile for your HB program, and to help you out, I've chosen to show you the video for the ProfessionBuddy Plugin, since it's basically a 1-Click method and is very simple and works for everybody.

The Thread

This is Bossland, he is the owner of Honorbuddy/Gatherbuddy and explains how to get it setup, in a short video.

That is a tutorial on how to leveling the herbalism/mining profession from 1-300 with one click. I am going to help you setup an Alliance profile that levels you in the beginning areas with Questing!

Dwarf/Human 1-6 Questing
    (Alliance Profile)

This step is after you've logged in with your subscription account. After you're logged in and you've created your characters and what not, make sure you set your video settings to "Minimized (Fullscreen)" your WoW has to have that video setting or you will get an injection error. Once you're logged in, you're going to want to click "Load Profile" where it and locate where you downloaded your profile to, the best place to put it is on the desktop for easy access or in your default profile folder in HB. You then are going to want to go to "Status" or if you're in Status, look down towards the "Log" tab and you'll see a drop down menu, and you're going to want to switch it from "Combat/Heal 1.xxx" to "Questing." Once you have all this done, go ahead and use the following settings in the other tabs:

At this point you want to go ahead and click "CC Configuration" CC stands for Custom Class, it's what your character uses to decide what spells to use in whatever situations. Once you've clicked it, there is a generic CC already loaded called "Singular" go ahead and choose that one, it's one of the easier ones to work with.

At this point your going to want to have the following done: Logged into WoW on your Dwarf/Human, and sitting in the beginning zone with your video settings setup(minimized fullscreen), and you should have loaded your profile you downloaded and setup your CC Config. Once this is all setup, go ahead and go to the "Status" tab in HB and you can go ahead and click "Start." If everything has gone as planned, you can go ahead and minimize the client and it will go to your tasks in the bottom left corner. Hopefully if all is well, your bot should begin the questing from 1-6, with maybe a little grinding in between. This profile isn't meant to AFK, so you have to check back on it every so often.

Additional: Also, if you are wanting to use a grinding profile, there is a drop down menu in the "Status" tab, where it says "combat/heal 1.xxx" you can change it to Questing

Plugins

Here is another really neat addition they have to HB/GB, it's called "Plugins" it is fairly self-explainable, they are simply "plugins" but are very useful with grinding and leveling. Here is a couple plugins I use myself, I have to get more, but these are what I currently use, and I primarily grind materials to sell on the auction house:

To install plugins, you can go on the HB/GB forums and check out what's available:

HB/GB Plugins Link

Their are free and paid plugins, I haven't paid for any plugins because I think I've already put more than enough into the bot. The free plugins do just as much as the paid ones, in my opinion. Some of the free ones require that you have a paid plugin key, so just be aware of that.

To install a plugin, simply find the one that you want within the forum link I provided, and go ahead and extract the files into the following directory:

*HB Folder Name*\Plugins\

It's as simple as that, and if you have HB/GB running while your extracting the new plugin, no need to restart HB/GB you can just go to the plugins tab and click on the "Recompile Plugins" button, very efficient!

Now you guys basically understand how to install HB/GB and get everything in order, and get yourself started off in a simple manner. This guide was to basically get you in the right direction, I'm basically the dad pushing his son on his bike that has training wheels, it's your duty to use HB/GB without the training wheels. It's pretty self-explanatory when you search around the Honorbuddy forum and find profiles/plugins that you like. They help you as well, if you get stuck. There is a bit more I wanted to talk about for those that have already learned how to install and get things going, I was going to say my favorite gold making methods and what profiles I use.

Additional/Recommendations/Profiles

In this part of the setup I am going to suggest any extra information I have gotten over the past couple of weeks that I have been using HB/GB to my advantage. It has only been a week or two tops, and I have gotten about $100 USD in my PayPal that I am transferring to my personal bank account. I am going to help you with the methods I use, and not make it seem like those rip off gold guides that don't teach you anything, except shit you already know.

What I'm going to be starting with is what professions, mount speed, class, and CC Profiles I use to grind for materials.

I have done a lot of research and looked at the most popular methodology of botting with HB/GB and I noticed the most popular way to make gold is through what professions you have, and the ones that seem to point at the most are Herbalism and Mining. These are the two professions I have maxed out at 525 using HB/GB to level them up from 1 to 525 within one night, all while sitting and talking in the shoutbawx.

Now that we know what professions to get (Herbalism/Mining to 525), let's begin with what mount speed is suggested, it is a given, but you "REALLY" want to have the 310% speed mounts, it makes a huge difference whether or not you fill your bags that night or you don't, or whether you beat that next farmer to the mine or not. The class that I have chosen for grinding and farming is hands down, a Death Knight. The Death Knight class starts out at level 55, and levels quicker than any other to 85, it's as simple as that. The best spec for your Death Knight is hands down, 2 handed frost because there is no down time and the damage output is quite stunning. Another class that I have been hearing a lot buzz about is a Druid! Druids can herb gather while still in flight form, so if you have 310% speed flying, and you don't have to dismount then you are 10 steps ahead of your competitor. So if you have a druid class, I would suggest that just as much as I would the Death Knight, just a FYI.

The Custom Class(CC) that I use for when I Grind or Farm is Singular, the CC that comes packed into the program already, it isn't simply one of your "stock" CC's, it was developed by the one and only "Apoc" and it works FLAWLESSLY, some of the CC's have messed up Behaviors and don't attack when it is saying they are facing the wrong direction. That is my suggestion for CC's hands down, it gets the job done.

Now that that is out of the way, you understand some of the best techniques for how to get yourself out there and farming or grinding, let's begin with what profiles I'd recommend for your journey and money making career.

The Profiles and Methods

Here's a screenshot of my profits after like 1-2 hours or so, IS A NICE!

Alright now we are going to talk about what profiles I personally recommend and what methods I use to make the gold, and turn it into cold hard cash! First I am going to show you what profiles I used to level my mining and herbalism in such a speedy time, under 10 hours, while botting with GatherBuddy2(program integrated into HB).

By this point you should already know that if you're going to be grinding out 1-525 herbalism or mining, that you are gonna need to use the drop down menu and switch it to GatherBuddy2. As I was saying, here are the leveling profiles I used, and plan to use again if I have to:

Horde/Alliance 1-525 Herbalism Profile (Flying Mount Only)

Horde/Alliance 1-415 Mining Profile (Choose Bounce instead of Circle in GB2 Bot Settings)

I am sure you guys can search the forums for a 415-525 mining profile, I am just giving you guys the general idea on how to do it at a fast pace.

Assuming since you're at this part in the guide/setup, you're probably 525 in Herbalism and Mining(I Hope!). I am now going to show you the profiles I use for farming my herbs/ores. They are mid-high popular profiles, so you're going to want to set your bot settings to bounce, so you don't look 'too' much like a bot.

Uldum Volatile Air (For Grinding, just an additive not part of my tutorial)
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    I've used that when I first started up HB/GB and it got me sparked on botting, and I bot while I sleep and bot while I am awake, I just keep an eye on it.

My Favorite Uldum Mining/Herb Profile(I use min+herb 1.6, good outcomes)

Another good profile for if Uldum gets too busy with other farmers, you can try this Twilight Highlands profile, not as much outcome, but the herbs sell for more on the AH.

Tony's Twilight Highlands Herb/Mine High End Run (A Mod. Made Profile)

Now that you know what profile I use, what class, cc, mount speed, spec, and etc I use, let's put it to use. The next section is going to talk about my methods of selling on the AH and bringing in 20-30k in a day - two days, more so 20-30k if you bot all day until you wake up the next day.

My Money Making Method and Advice

Alright, if you've gotten this far into this guide/setup thread, you are a beast, pat yourself on the back. Let's get started shall we?

What we want to do first is download an add on that I've found to be proved very effective to do on the fly things, such as cancel an auction because people WILL refuse to buy your stuff if you barely undercut someone, my method of selling on the AH is like a car salesman, I want them to BUY BUY BUY, and I will give them cuts to the price until the cows come home.

This add on is very nice for the Auction House because if you select what auction you want to cancel and shift-click it into the add on display, you can cancel your auctions as fast as the ShamWOW show host can say "you're gonna love my nuts."

TradeSkill Master (The Main Part)

Download and extract that to your Interface>Addons folder in your World of Warcraft folder, fairly simple and harmless. The next one your wanting to download is this one:

TradeSkill Master: Auctioning (Final Part)

Do the same thing you did with the last add on, and extract it to the same places, and restart your WoW program and go to the auction house.

Once everything is setup, you're gonna wanna open the TSM window on the upper right of the auction house window, it's a blue button. Set it to auto-open when you open the auction house window.

All the hard parts are over, you've botted all your mats and sent them to your bank alt with its own guild bank with a couple tabs (I HOPE SO). You want to be on a bank alt with some gold already on him so you can post auctions on the auction house.

Once you have all your mats you want to sell in bag and at hand, you're going to look up the cheapest stack of whatever your selling, let's say... "Whiptail" which often sells for 40-55G a stack on my server. You're going to grab a stack of your Whiptail and put it in the create auction window, and depending on how many stacks you have, for example if you have 400 herbs, put in Stack Size: 20 Stack Amount: 20, and set the price to 30-35G, and click "Create Auction" and it's gonna pop up a little window displaying #/20 stacks being put up.

Once you have them put up for either 30-35G a stack, you're going to say in /2 " *Link Whiptail* NOW ON THE AH FOR 30-35G, 20-25G UNDERCUT! LIMITED SUPPLY, SOON TO BE GONE!"

This method may sound stupid/silly/obnoxious, or even common sense, but I have made over 100,000g in the past week doing this, and for every auction I put up, I see the stacks of Whiptail/Volatile Life/Volatile Fire/Volatile Earth/Elementium Ore go within SECONDS of me announcing that in trade. The people that farm the AH eat that shit up, it's great, and it's not like you're going to be butt hurt for putting them up for that low of a price since you sat on your ass and let your bot do it for you. I may sound very critical, but you did no work while some actually farmed, so this method is very efficient. I have stacks of 200 Volatile Life and I put them up in stacks of 10, and put them at 90-100G when they are selling for 125-130G and they sellout within a minute of me announcing it. I have people WHISPER me telling me they want all that I have, all the herbs, ore and what not, and I have a steady clientele now.

Now that I reminded myself, with this method and mass promotion and mass auctions, you should really get a hold of the add on called Postal, it works wonders for me, I come back 2-3 hours after putting my auctions up (Setup your bot while you wait for auctions) and I check my bank with Postal, I sit down, Click "Open All" and I can go and play Counter-Strike or play something else while it collects all the gold.

Postal Add On (WORKS WONDERS)

Last Profit Profession/Suggestion

I've noticed on a lot of servers there are people like me who sit and bot or farm all day, and you won't see as much productivity every time you go out to grind. So I decided to level up another profession, a secondary profession, FISHING. Not as many people seem to fish on my server, and I noticed not too many are around where I fish at. So I suggest picking up fishing and getting it to 525 with whatever profile you can find, I managed to get mine to around 330, and I used the following profile to help level myself up, and make profit at the same time:

Botanist Twilight Highlands PoolFishing

You also need another additional plugin/bot that is simple to install, but it also requires either Lifetime or a 30 Day Plugin Key. This margin still has a lot of profit, even if you're a 525 cook. Here is a link to the install:

PoolFishing Buddy Additional Install

Pretty simple to install, just follow the instruction provided in the thread!

The Final Chapter: Turning Gold Into $$$

The gold market is a very steep one, it can go from rock bottom prices, to sky rocketing within a days notice. The current price of gold has gone up, so the demand has gone up as well, so if you're a botter, you're definitely in business as some resellers are offering 1-1.10/k!

Imagine the actual money you could be making, considering you're farming 20-30k a day, do the math, if you're not employed or you're a younger age, that's quite a bit considering you aren't putting much labor into the project. This is why I have made $100 dollars this week and has allowed me to purchase a brand new mouse.

I am not going to tell you WHO to sell your gold to, as that is advertising and giving other companies an unequal opportunity, and so forth. The only advice I can give you is to look around the MMOwned General Sales forum, and you can find people that are high repped members, and some that aren't high repped but have a lot of people vouching for them. As I was saying before, don't be surprised to see the price of gold sales go down tomorrow or the next day, it's always going up and down, you just want to preserve your chances and sell on the right days.

What you need in order to sell gold:

The gold you grinded (of course) and a level 1 bank alt to do the trade off within Alliance or Horde banks.

You are going to need a source on who you want to sell to, I suggest just taking a couple minutes to scroll through your options in the Trade Section, you can find some pretty cool dealers.

Buyer primarily use PayPal as their method of payment, but some seem to be including more services such as Western Union and what not, I can't remember them off the bat. So if you CAN, it's best to get your PayPal verified, because a lot of buyers appreciate that you are verified even though they aren't. You want to find buyers that offer to pay the PayPal fee for the transactions you make, that extra dollar or two really adds up.

If you aren't 18, and don't have a bank card to add to your PayPal to make it Verified, I suggest going to your local grocery store such as Safeway, VONS, Albertsons, CVS, Scolaris, and others, you get the idea. They have VISA Cards that you can use as Debit Cards and they are refillable, and you can send in for one that is made with your name and they give you an account to work with. You don't have to be 18 to load one of these puppies up, and go to town, good thing PayPal accepts them and will Verify you with them.

You basically get the idea on how to sell your gold, you just have to find a buyer, and agree on a price, sometimes if they don't give you $$$ they will give you cd-keys/gamecards/in-game items. I have used gold to get gametime, it's a great way to basically get free time, since they only ask for like 7k for 30 day gametime cards, and like 20k gold for 60 days. Just be safe in your practice and don't get scammed, it doesn't feel good!

The Conclusion

I hope those of you that read my wall of text have appreciated it, and will use it to your advantage, as it has kept my parent's at bay from making me get a job, because I have been able to pay for my own stuff. I understand this was a long read, but I hadn't contributed to the community in a loooong time, and I felt that I had enough knowledge to get this type of guide going, and hopefully I helped out some of the noobs. I hadn't seen too much content on honorbuddy, and I feel it isn't getting as much recognition as I had hoped here on MMOwned, I really wanted to see more MMOwned players come up with some nice Honorbuddy/Gatherbuddy profiles. Alright guys, have a good day/night and I hope you got something out of my guide/setup, if there is anything I missed just let me know in a reply, or a quote reply, and I'll do my best to correct it ASAP.

Sources

Honorbuddy Official

Honorbuddy Forum (Buddyforum)

MMOwned

Facebook Official

Thanks for reading a long thread posted by your one and only Dr. Doom! News Correspondent

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Complete Honorbuddy Guide/Setup (LONG READ)-30d_9s-png   The Complete Honorbuddy Guide/Setup (LONG READ)-365d_3s-png  
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 04-24-2012 at 07:55 AM.

The Complete Honorbuddy Guide/Setup (LONG READ)
  2. Thanks hackerlol, Allatiell20 (2 members gave Thanks to Dr. Doom for this useful post)
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good post m8

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks kurios

Took me a while to write, hopefully you guys enjoy the read. Came from meh heart and soul!

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done mate, amazing content and a good layout. I won't bot but it's an awesome post nevertheless!

Need to spread before I can give you reputation.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for the post Reflection, means a lot. The post took me a while, so I'm glad people are appreciating it, especially higher ups. Thanks again for the feedback guys.

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job man. These are the sort of threads I used to make, I understand how long it takes!!!

EDIT: Have to spread rep sorry
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha Yeah, i've read your threads man, they take a while to read, but you actually get to know the writer a little bit, through their literature. I write more like I'm talking to you personally, than I'm teaching, it's just been what I've adopted in my writing over the years.
    Last edited by Dr. Doom; 04-18-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Kibby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Written nice.

naxxgor's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww! I bet you made this thread just for me. I'm probably going to buy HB in a week or two, so thanks a lot!

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah of course man, if you need any help, hit me up, I don't know anything about "fixing" problems so much, but I know some great profile and methods of making quick gold. Thanks for the commentary, and you won't regret buying HB, it's got a great forum also. Thanks for reading also, have a good one!

ramble's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great post Dr. Doom :-) This can be really appreciated for some people, I already know how to set it up but great post anyways!

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Haha Yeah, i've read your threads man, they take a while to read, but you actually get to know the writer a little bit, through their literature. I write more like I'm talking to you personally, than I'm teaching, it's just been what I've adopted in my writing over the years.
    I think that's the best way to do it, engages the reader better. I completely agree about getting to know the author through reading threads like that. Mine were always sloppy cos I did them late at night but you can really get an idea of someone's personality through them

EDIT: Epic post number 1,111!
    Last edited by ~OddBall~; 04-18-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha ya, and grats on ur post number :P thanks for the comments OddBall, time for school! Hopefully I get more comments, thought I'd get more :P

invisiblend's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice thorough post doom. will +rep

two of my "paranoid botter" thoughts came to mind though, which I will air all in the name of a good old fashioned discussion:

1. player reports are much more likely when posting many, many stacks at such low prices from one toon/bank alt. announcing that you've got an impossibly high quantity at such low prices I'm sure like you say will make your items sell out almost instantly on the AH, but again will draw much attention to you. more attention -> more possibility of investigation.

solution: diversify auctions. sell some through different alts/bank toons, sell some to trade buyers direct (like you say these can be EXCELLENT, wanting to just buy everything you have, and this way you don't even need to announce to everyone on the server how much you have/want to sell things for).

2. using the same herbing profile as everybody else means you'll often find your bot following someone else's bot or vice versa (has happened to me multiple times, especially with profiles from this site). IMO it's only a matter of time until one of those botters reports you.

solution: it's best to make your own herbing/mining profile if you're going to AFK while your bot gathers. IMO the majority of botters AFK so this is relevant. For 1-525 I think it's fine to use public profiles but once you're farming a place for hours and hours it's so easy to spend 20 minutes making a good, solid, unique profile that won't get you reported.

what do you guys think?

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully agree with you on number 1 and number 2, I just don't know how to make profiles yet. I have been very busy lately, but I plan to learn. Also, I agree that you should make multiple alts to sell on, because I 'might' just get too much attention to myself. I think it's lame that botters report OTHER botters, because they aren't getting as many ore/herb as they were hoping for. If I can start learning how to make my own profiles and get them tested, I'll post them for others at some point. Thanks for the commentary and rep invisiblend, great to hear some good feedback.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast