0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    undrgrnd59: "This is scam omg lolololol"
    Spartan: "SCAM??? THIS IS OPEN SOURCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

paella's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm i dont trust this, please Op explain how connecting to an VPN Server helps your bad Connection.
    If you use VPN to connect to an Vpn Server you still have to use the same slow Infrastructure that normally is the Cause of your laggy Connection (there is no Magic happening between you and the Vpn Server, you still route through your Isp Gateway
    ), so your Problems are the same or even worse.

I call shenanigans on this, i think its just an Attempt to steal your Login Details.
    I think they run those Vpn Servers and look for WoWs Connect Packets , and look into them to steal Login Details.

raistlinthewiz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've to learn to read. Here's why.

1- This is NOT VPN(Virtual Private Network)
    2- This program utilizes Secure Socket Tunnels (encrypted data protocol that can not be sniffed while on the trip. Yes on direct connections to WOW realm your ISP can monitor your traffic details & packets because WOW does not utilize SSH sockets & tunnels.
    3- We DO NOT RUN VPS SERVERS.
    4- Program is a SSH Tunnel & Socksify Client
    5- In order to use program you need an account on VPS Providers (well known trusted providers like Slicehost - VPS Hosting, Linode Blog, Nom de domaine - Gandi.net - Enregistrement et Transfert etc..) or WOW Tunnels Providers(This ones give you direct service you do not need to setup the VPS but less trusted relatively)
    6- VPS means Virtual Private Server. From one of the VPS providers you buy an account and setup your own VPS (mostly install debian/ubuntu on it and run apt-get install SSH command in order to install OpenSSH server on the VPS)
    Then in the program, you enter account information of your VPS box (IP,username,password for the box)
    Then the program opens a highy secure SSH tunnel to your VERY OWN VPS - administrated by you -

So that as soon as you buy a VPS account from a trusted provider (linode,slicehost, gandi etc..) and you administrator your own gateway box, everything is secure on your connection.

In the second option, WOW Tunnel Providers, instead of setting your VPS box, they've already configured boxes. They just give you an account on the system and then your traffic is directed to their systems. In this alternative your packets may be sniffed but keep in mind that they're also already SSH encrypted.

Now let's come to security of program.
    * The sources are all open there sitting on Subversion repo.
    * The program executables are not encrypted & packet, so using .NET reflector you can just reverse the binaries to see the c# source which is identical to the released sources
    * I've already posted the virus scan results but you can always do it on your own. (Generic trojan error means program open TCP ports)

SO PLEASE I ASK you, before screaming out TROJAN,SCAM, please give your 5 minutes reading the programs website or the post here. That simple..

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cbf looking at the source right now.

Does anyone know if all this does is disable Nagle's algorithm on WoW traffic?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by paella View Post
    Hmm i dont trust this, please Op explain how connecting to an VPN Server helps your bad Connection.
    If you use VPN to connect to an Vpn Server you still have to use the same slow Infrastructure that normally is the Cause of your laggy Connection (there is no Magic happening between you and the Vpn Server, you still route through your Isp Gateway
    ), so your Problems are the same or even worse.

I call shenanigans on this, i think its just an Attempt to steal your Login Details.
    I think they run those Vpn Servers and look for WoWs Connect Packets , and look into them to steal Login Details.
    Let me explain the MAGIC: Magic lies on your ISP's sucking routing tables.

I play on France datacenter based WOW Realms and my latency & route to France WOW datacenters just sucks. But i use Nom de domaine - Gandi.net - Enregistrement et Transfert from France, a well known VPS provider, which seems my ISP's routing tables are somewhat using different routes is much better then the realms.

My France WOW Datacenter latency: 300+ ms
    My latency to France based VPS Provider Gand.net: 110 ms+

If you already live on US or Central Europe and have stabile connections the program will not probably work for you, but for people like me (Oceanic, Middle East, Eastern Europe etc..) it'll do the VOODOO MAGIC.

wac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zomg scam lolololol

wac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the above post was a joke... And I don't need this program, It most likely won't boost my internet connection to WoW anybit but to the bad way.

I already lay around 30-100

Etherea's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it seems strange guys, but a proxy can actually decrease your latency in the right circumstances. The free open proxies you get typically won't do this because they are being abused by lots of users. However your own VPS in the right locale can. I don't think it is worth buying your own VPS, but then again I don't think a Disgusting Oozling is worth 2000g. At any rate this is not a scam or a hoax. Thanks OP for sharing.

Edit: Cypher, btw Nagle's algorithm was disabled in the 2.3 patch. As the OP explains this program works by creating a better route to the WoW server than what your ISP would follow. Of course this won't work for everyone, and if you have low latency already it almost certainly won't do anything for you.
    Last edited by Etherea; 12-05-2008 at 12:59 AM.

hatriz812's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing +rep x2! and welcome out of leecher. But im not gonna use it :P no need for it

majinbuu1023's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I use this with wowtunnels, can you make a tutorial, thanks for making this, I appreciate it

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone using it with success then?

valiliv's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok... this is nice. but what the hell is this for??? you need to get a vps subscription, that TWENTY BUCKS at least. and this provider is not optimized in any way for wow, so then you need to find a location from that THAT IS NEARER AND BETTER to the specific WoW server you play on, than is your own home connection.

OR.. since you care about latency... just pay lowerping.com $5, spend 5 min to setup their software, and pick from CUSTOMIZED servers that are near every single WoW cluster there is. You get latency of 40ms easy.

this just seems like a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually pimpmylatency is just compatible with Lowerping.com and be used while connecting to their servers..

+ when you get a VPS you can always use it with friends

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12