0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting a Keyclone crack? Think twice

I have seen far too many posts with cracks for Keyclone being handed out to the public free of cost. It's only fair that I give you guys a heads up about why you should reconsider sharing or using these stolen copies.

While people may not realize this or maybe not want to realize it, getting Keyclone for free is stealing from members of MMOwned. "How mudfish?! No one on these forums created keyclone!" Your right, the author of Keyclone may not use these forums (at this time) but the people that use the program do. When you give out Keyclone for free, no support is being given to the creator (Solid ICE Tech.). Therefore if the distribution of free versions increase, the author cannot/will not have the funds to continue development on Keyclone. That means the users of MMOwned (and elsewhere) will not get updates for the copy they paid for.

I'd like to quote from a recent conversation with the author of Keyclone:
    i did a comparison of the crack with the official version, at the binary level. the amount of changes to the code is massive. a simple crack would tweak a handful of spots. the amount of code change i was seeing implied that there was something else in there. my guess... a keylogger or virus.
    - Robert McInnis, author of Keyclone

If you would like to download/provide a free of cost, broken, possibly a virus version of Keyclone all while breaking the copyright on it, be my guest. However, the results of doing so may soon change. And by change I mean become more strict and arise legal action.

a nice warning might be the best solution... for now.
    - Robert McInnis, author of Keyclone

So here is your warning: Posting Keyclone cracks in the future may result in legal actions.

Things to know:
    - Keyclone is a One time fee of $19.99 and well worth it.
    - Keyclone is under a protected copyright law.
    - There are free alternatives to Keyclone if you so choose. (updated with the best of free solutions.)

• There are other hardware solutions for multiboxing

- You get updates forever when you purchase it.
    - I have no problem handing over any info i may have about someone posting a crack for Keyclone to the creator to pursue legal action.
    - If you cannot dish out $20 for a hobby you plan on spending hundreds on, you shouldn't be multiboxing.

This isn't an attempt to hype everyone up about posting a crack. This is to make sure you guys know what could happen in the future. I'm also not saying it's not okay to post a crack for Keyclone, but is okay to post any other crack. There should not be any warez on this site in the first place.

I don't want to hear "LOL do you not realize that there are a lot of illegal things on this site? Your not a mod/admin, what are you going to do about it?!". Sure, that may be true, but that doesn't mean I support everything on this site. And yes, I may not be a moderator of these forums but that doesn't mean I can't enforce legalities when it pertains to a program I frequently use and is in a detrimental state due to some members actions.

Anyway, please stop posting cracks for Keyclone here. I will gladly keep everyone updated on any info I feel needs to be known in this thread.

If you would like any additional info you can visit the following sites:
    Solid ICE - the Official home of Keyclone
    Portal - Dual-Boxing.com Community Forum

Last edited by mudfish; 09-08-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Posting a Keyclone crack? Think twice
    Stinja1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post. support them companies!
    .:Stinja:.

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stop posting Warez (Cracks) on this forum, period, it is against the rules and should be enforced more strictly.

BYSCUIT's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much im tiered of the cracks and the wares.

MeowBird's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coolios filler

lagalot's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Stinja1 View Post
    Good post. support them companies!
    Seconded (filler)

Ayeros's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a legit owner of a keyclone copy and the 19$ we pay worth it.

i fully support this program and ist devloper

Ferag's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully support obeying site rules and not posting cracks in the first place.

majinbuu1023's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, if you want a crack look on google not mmowned search

Notahax's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im a pirate, but I don't use keyclone.

-

Timmytimmelson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey man im all against software piracy and shit but where the hell do you get off telling me how much i should or shouldnt spend on a hobby. seriously, **** yourself, get ****in bent. octopus is ****ing sick as it is, I wouldn't bother with keyclone unless it was free and even then, I don't NEED it, oct already fits my multiboxing needs.

Kasiosis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Timmytimmelson View Post
    hey man im all against software piracy and shit but where the hell do you get off telling me how much i should or shouldnt spend on a hobby. seriously, **** yourself, get ****in bent. octopus is ****ing sick as it is, I wouldn't bother with keyclone unless it was free and even then, I don't NEED it, oct already fits my multiboxing needs.
    This kid needs to get beat by his parents really bad...

mudfish's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Timmytimmelson View Post
    uhmm, I'm not quite sure what your trying to say in your post but from what I got out of it, your saying you don't need Keyclone because octopus is much better for you. In that case I'm left wondering why you think i said anything negative about it. I actually said it's the best as far as freeware goes.

It may be smart to think all your posts through before actually clicking "Submit Reply".

Emrah123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mudfish View Post
    uhmm, I'm not quite sure what your trying to say in your post but from what I got out of it, your saying you don't need Keyclone because octopus is much better for you. In that case I'm left wondering why you think i said anything negative about it. I actually said it's the best as far as freeware goes.

It may be smart to think all your posts through before actually clicking "Submit Reply".
    He asked where you got the rights to tell other people what money they should spend for their hobbies and, too.

mudfish's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Emrah123 View Post
    He asked where you got the rights to tell other people what money they should spend for their hobbies and, too.
    I'm not telling anyone what they should buy. I'm telling everyone what could happen if you decide to steal from Solid ICE tech.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast