Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glider spots that let you leave it unmanned.

Ok, I love Glider, don't get me wrong, but there are few and far between spots where it is possible to leave Glider actually running while you sleep, eat, or enjoy real life. So based on experience, I'm gonna share a few spots that really worked out for me well. I'm gliding my first character through to 60, he's a warrior, so keep that in mind if my spots don't turn out quite like you had hoped, but I figure if a non-healing melee class can make it through then most other classes can also.

Anyways, this is Alliance, I have two 60 hordes I DIDN'T level using glide, but I know hordeside well and will try to make a glide-guide for it too.

1-5 Beginning areas...you don't really need to glide here, but if you are indeed that lazy, go for it, all the mobs are nonaggressive so have a blast.

5-11 Elwynn Forest or counterpart areas...again, fairly easy to set an all-nighter up here, but in Elwynn forest a sweet spot is right below the town in what looks like a crater. Run that gauntletin circle formation and have a blast...be sure to be around level 8 for this area, there are other spots in Elwynn that allow for 5-8 leveling.

11-19 Westfall, right across from the first field of harvesters and south of a small hill there is an area with boars, buzzards, and coyotes. Set up shop there, running in a circular motion. If you set it up right, it will run day and night for you. You MIGHT need a ghost waypoint, but I didn't.

19-22 Westfall...just south of the area you were just in closer to Sentinel Hill are higher level coyotes, buzzards, boars. You might need to move out of here around 19 or 20, the leveling gets sparse when most of them hit green, and you start coming across greys in the pack leaders. I leveled to 22 here, but you can do better.

22-25 Hillsbrad Foothills. Start at the entrance to the zone from tirisfal, on the north side of the road. There are level 22-23 bears and spiders, maybe a few 21s thrown in. They are aggressive, but spread out so that if you have the gear, or the experience with glider and set it up properly, you will be able to farm them for away periods and not die. At 24 or 25, you have the option of moving to the Wetlands dragons for chances on drops or hanging with the 25-27 mobs just south on the opposite side of the very road you are at.

25-29/30 Again, the options are the dragons in the northeast area of the Wetlands or the bears and spiders across the road from the bears and spiders you were just farming. Take your pick, I did a little of both.

26-30 Satyrrs below Xavian in Ashenvale...I love this place, they are weak, spread out and easy to kill. You may have the occassional two pull but who cares, faster killing. At 28 or 27 you should tear through these mobs. Farm around the base to ensure the least chance of getting a three pull or four pull...you probably won't survive that without potions.

30-36 God...love this area. Xavian, directly above Satyrrnarr in Ashenvale, on the northeastern peninsula, is the greatest spot I've found yet for leveling. It's deserted, drops are frequent, silk and wool drops, 1 silver per kill or so, easily the best spot yet. Stay out of the main area and work around then in. By doing this, you can slowly kill the whole town. To play safe, wait until 32 or 33 to clear the inward area, just circle around behind and back killing waypoint mobs.

35-39 Currently what I'm on, the trolls in Arathi Highlands, south of the Horde base. These guys are VERY tough to get a pattern on, which is why I will upload my route for people to use if they need it/if it's allowed. The reward is extremely good cash output, 16-20k an hour (best I've found yet), greens and blues, herbs and mining spots, low population, and fairly safe if done correctly.

39-43 Either Swamp of Sorrows in the Misty Vale, or Lost Point in Dustwallow Marsh. A lot of farmers frequent the SoS spot, but the Lost Point is a straight original, and almost never anyone there. I got a few greens, some blues, herbs, and VERY slim chance of death as the mobs are fairly spread out. Honestly, you can make your own lost point path, but mine tends to net 17k-20k exp an hour, not bad, and encompasses a multitude of mobs to optimize loot filtering. Tip: If you are an herbalist, be sure to encorporate a few slimes into your run, you'll wake up/come back with multiple bags that contain herbs and 6-10 silver each.

43-45 Either the Searing Whelps in the Badlands, or the Turtles in Tanaris. Both spots are frequented by players, but the turtles are the best because in all honesty, at 43 or 44, you shouldn't die once. I have, but for unknown reasons lol. The loot is good, the drops are nice, not great but nice. Be sure to create a macro for opening clams...I'll update with this when possible. And set lootfilter to Zesty Clam Meat. Otherwise you'll basically just farm for hours. Still, good spot, around 12-15k experience, not GREAT...but the best I've found for this very annoying level bracket.

45-48/49 The area south of Woodpaw Village in Feralas contains level 43-46 bears, wolves, and nearby a few Zukk'ash bugs. You'll want to set up a grind here, although you WILL get adds, even with ranged. Bring pots, be a few levels higher, and you'll be A-ok. Good leveling, around 15-18k an hour, so expect to be there a couple days. It's low profile, low attention, and likely, you'll NEVER see another player, horde or alliance. Be sure to set some ghost waypoints before leaving it, you likely will die 2-3 times in an overnight period.

48/49-52 Thistleshrub mobs in southern Tanaris...pretty good farming, not the best, but better than competing for the Dunemaul complex. It was somewhat populated, but not too tough to work around. Managed to get to 50 here, and plan to go to 52 before moving to Un-Goro. Set ghost waypoints, RARELY you will get a 2 pull.

*Important- Remember all of these spots are fairly dependent upon a pull range of 19-20 yards, the farther out you have pull set, the more difficult survival tends to be. This may not always be the case, but it is likely. I was using 30 yards until I woke up three nights in a row logged out and dead to my max deaths which was 15 (yes I set a number so I wouldn't just run to die over and over). Finally, I changed pull range, and if I die now it's my fault for not finding a good spot.

I'll update this if anyone wants it updated, we'll just see how it goes, a lot of these are a mix of horde spots and alliance spots, so both factions can make use of at least part of it. I hope this helps, I'll save my glides from here on out and upload them to this site if the admins want/allow me to. Good luck and hopefully this helps.

Yano

*Update 7-11-06
    Another useful program to employ with Glider is LootFilter, I am currently testing it heavily during long stints of 24+ hours, not recommended, but in 4 or 5 hours your bags will fill in most places, so I want to see how well this works.
    http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...ot-filter.html
    Here is the download link for it, simply download it here and unzip the folder into Addons, it should filter out items you do not want to take up space that could be blues or greens while you farm. If you need more info regarding this simply reply here, I'll try to help out.

Tips:
    -Closer pull ranges tend to mean less chance of multiples/deaths while afk botting.
    -If you have spare cash and want an investment, buy a bottomless bag, and before you farm a spot research the stackables that will consume your bag space, and place them in the bag, they will stack to very large amounts, along with other nonstackable items stacking (may need more info here). This should allow for virtually indefinite farming with few runs back or hearths.
    -Just sell most of the greens you get. I've been trying to sell on the auction house, if you are on a populated server, you likely will spend time wasting silver just to profit a little from greens. Blues are different, try to sell them in the AH, but greens, just sell to the vendor, along with cloth, with the exception of wool, which is highly demanded for some reason. Basically vendor it all, you'll make cash and save time.
    -Gliding near towns is well and good, until you get reported. If you have loot filter and/or a bottomless bag there really shouldn't be a reason to use a close-to-town glidepoint.
    -Crowded, tree-filled areas are great spots to glide usually, they actually have a more spread out mob ratio, allowing you to glide safely, privately, and quickly. The stereotype that swamp areas are tough to glide in is just that, a stereotype. The majority of areas I've stayed in for a long time have been tree-filled, unattractive-to-farming zones.

I'll add more, and add some user-provided ones also.
    Last edited by Yano; 07-15-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Glider spots that let you leave it unmanned.
    Simy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for sharing, man! +rep I will try it tomorrow when my new account will arrive
    Rep me down!

kgb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey hey, i dont post very often, but i figured i might just add a spot to the list for unmanned gliding.

Up near alterac ruins there are white yetis. (bit white fured monsters).
    These range from 34/5-38ish. And there's the ocasional rare spawn.

You can actually run all the way behind alterac ruins where no one ever goes (cus theres nothing there except yetis).

I ran this for a few hours, i got 3 greens, 1 blue and a reasonable amount of gold. Also the yetis dont really have any special abilities, such as healing or stuns. Which makes it quite easy.

Enjoy :-)

Oh also, there are demons in Decolace (north east corner) that worked out extremely well for me as far as xp goes between 32-35, just gotta be carful of the ones that can gouge.

Aegus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought Glider yesterday, tried it out for an hour semi afk in the Azshara beach nagas. Although i can level my lower chars atm i bought GLider to assisst me on gaining my epic moumt. Does anyone know where a good, private place for getting good $$$ ? i know this will be pretty rare but hey My toon is a lv 60 warrior.
    Friends don't let friends be Gnomes.

cirko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and Glider is cracked now

zascavo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In feralas south of feathermoon on the same island there are a bunch of wolves level 40-41. I've never seen another person there and I glide there all day. They are crap for money but it's safe and easy exp. (Watch out of the naga, they run, snare, and disarm which may cause problems for gliding).

I used that area to level from 42-48 in mediocre warrior gear.

Hope this helps

daneven's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Yano
    Ok, I love Glider, don't get me wrong, but there are few and far between spots where it is possible to leave Glider actually running while you sleep, eat, or enjoy real life. So based on experience, I'm gonna share a few spots that really worked out for me well. I'm gliding my first character through to 60, he's a warrior, so keep that in mind if my spots don't turn out quite like you had hoped, but I figure if a non-healing melee class can make it through then most other classes can also.

Anyways, this is Alliance, I have two 60 hordes I DIDN'T level using glide, but I know hordeside well and will try to make a glide-guide for it too.

1-5 Beginning areas...you don't really need to glide here, but if you are indeed that lazy, go for it, all the mobs are nonaggressive so have a blast.

5-11 Elwynn Forest or counterpart areas...again, fairly easy to set an all-nighter up here, but in Elwynn forest a sweet spot is right below the town in what looks like a crater. Run that gauntletin circle formation and have a blast...be sure to be around level 8 for this area, there are other spots in Elwynn that allow for 5-8 leveling.

11-19 Westfall, right across from the first field of harvesters and south of a small hill there is an area with boars, buzzards, and coyotes. Set up shop there, running in a circular motion. If you set it up right, it will run day and night for you. You MIGHT need a ghost waypoint, but I didn't.

19-22 Westfall...just south of the area you were just in closer to Sentinel Hill are higher level coyotes, buzzards, boars. You might need to move out of here around 19 or 20, the leveling gets sparse when most of them hit green, and you start coming across greys in the pack leaders. I leveled to 22 here, but you can do better.

22-25 Hillsbrad Foothills. Start at the entrance to the zone from tirisfal, on the north side of the road. There are level 22-23 bears and spiders, maybe a few 21s thrown in. They are aggressive, but spread out so that if you have the gear, or the experience with glider and set it up properly, you will be able to farm them for away periods and not die. At 24 or 25, you have the option of moving to the Wetlands dragons for chances on drops or hanging with the 25-27 mobs just south on the opposite side of the very road you are at.

25-29/30 Again, the options are the dragons in the northeast area of the Wetlands or the bears and spiders across the road from the bears and spiders you were just farming. Take your pick, I did a little of both.

26-30 Satyrrs below Xavian in Ashenvale...I love this place, they are weak, spread out and easy to kill. You may have the occassional two pull but who cares, faster killing. At 28 or 27 you should tear through these mobs. Farm around the base to ensure the least chance of getting a three pull or four pull...you probably won't survive that without potions.

30-36 God...love this area. Xavian, directly above Satyrrnarr in Ashenvale, on the northeastern peninsula, is the greatest spot I've found yet for leveling. It's deserted, drops are frequent, silk and wool drops, 1 silver per kill or so, easily the best spot yet. Stay out of the main area and work around then in. By doing this, you can slowly kill the whole town. To play safe, wait until 32 or 33 to clear the inward area, just circle around behind and back killing waypoint mobs.

35-39 Currently what I'm on, the trolls in Arathi Highlands, south of the Horde base. These guys are VERY tough to get a pattern on, which is why I will upload my route for people to use if they need it/if it's allowed. The reward is extremely good cash output, 16-20k an hour (best I've found yet), greens and blues, herbs and mining spots, low population, and fairly safe if done correctly.

I'll update this if anyone wants it updated, we'll just see how it goes, a lot of these are a mix of horde spots and alliance spots, so both factions can make use of at least part of it. I hope this helps, I'll save my glides from here on out and upload them to this site if the admins want/allow me to. Good luck and hopefully this helps.

Yano
    +

wheres the download link????

Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cirko
    im pretty sure it isnt.......sorry if this was an old topic (i dont know how to tell) but it had new posts.....anyways im almost positive it isnt

Yano's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I REALLY want to make sure I have Matt's permission to upload .xml files to the site for profiles. It may infringe on wowglider forums (though most all of mine are originals) or something. That and I need to know a site to upload these files on...I think there's a link on the glider forums, I'll look for it.

RichyG's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glider fished for you too right? (Thats actually a question i dont remember). But know any good spots to fish safely?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great places to fish are instances and hard to reach lakes. Invite a fellow botter/friend who won't report you and enter places like Wailing Caverns or even Zul-Gurub and fish to your hearts content. Yes, it does allow fishing, but it costs $25 bucks to have for good (or until it stops getting updated). Well worth it IMO. I'll update this with comprehensive places to obtain important fish likes Stoneskin Eels and Oily Blackmouths.
    Last edited by Yano; 07-11-2006 at 10:29 PM.

FlapJack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cirko
    It is? Where's it at?

Tenche's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome ness
    I don't do design anymore

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been updated all the way to 50 now, so only thing left to update is the 50-60 grind, then I still need to know if uploading profiles somehow is against the rules, I don't see how it could be, but ya never know.

Matt's Avatar Legendary Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great post's yano, you have my permission to post .xml files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast