0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's talk success/failure with AH autoclicker

The post entitled "Using an autoclicker to get epic items on neutral AH" is a great thread posted by Calek. Got to give him lots of credit for this guys, and +rep him if you haven't already. But I wanted to make a thread where we share our success and failures with the method. This is a good opportunity to talk about our strategy, optimal times for using this method, and how we deal with the crybabies that whisper us.

First off, if anyone has been banned for this let us know what you think you did wrong and how we can avoid makeing those mistakes. I'll say I've had plenty of success with this neat little trick already, but I've grown worried about the constant spams so I'm alot more cautious now.

Great hiding places to put your toon while swooping:
    1) BootyBay hide behind the boxes next to the AH clerk (which is very close to the bank).

2) Both of the other 2 AH clerks in BootyBay are great places to go because no one goes near them and will not see you bottomscanning the AH (especially Auctioneer Kresky who is inside a house).

3) Everlook is another favorite spot of mine because I hardly ever see players travelling all the way out there to xfer items.

Horrible places to hide:
    1) Obviously out in the open anywhere.

2) Don't go to Gadgetzan ever IMO, it's just an obvious place to be spotted and so many players go here to xfer items.

What to do with your items (should be common sense):
    1) Please don't send your loots to your main to sell on the AH, this is so dumb. People can easily catch you when they see their item up on the AH under your main's name. Instead mail your item to another low-lvl alt in one of the main cities, when it sells then you can mail your gold to your main.

2) Don't give the items back LOL (unless you feel real bad....then your just a sucker.)

Optimal swooping times:
    1) Overnight is a great time imo. Usually from about 1 a.m. to 8 a.m. Server time is when victims feel confident they can successfully transfer their items to their alts

2) Also, mid day from about 1 p.m-5p.m. server time seems to be successful in my experience. This is when alot of gold farmers are busily working away and sometimes they transfer items using the Neutral AH's. I have no idea why but most of the loots I guess during this time are followed by a whisper from someone who clearly doesn't speak English as their first language.

3) Weekends are a great time for swooping! Friday until Monday morning is when most servers are at them max population. More people playing=more people transfering items.

4) ANYTIME!! Really, anytime is nice to swoop. I sometimes get greedy and have a feeling if I'm not swooping 24/7 I'm missing out on all kinds of great items. However, this is a bad mind set to get into because, well, it just increases your chances of being caught. Don't swoop all the time, I'd say more than 8 hours a day is really pushing it.

How to respond to your victims:
    1) I usually just ignore most of the crying whispers I get. However, if they threaten me I always politely remind them that the AH is used for selling and buying items not transfering to alt characters. I usually tell them that Auctioneer is an approved addon by Blizzard, and I'm sorry their were dumb enough to somehow think when they want to transfer items no one else is allowed to buy them.

2) Often I offer to sell them the items back at ridiculous markups (often works, they must really want to gear up their alt).

3) Mess with them if you bored! LOL (I know I'm evil). 6):

Remember guys, post your failures and successes with the Neutral AH swooping, its encouraging to see other people being successful. It also helps to see other's warnings. Remember don't get too greedy, and happy hunting. :wave:

P.S. I didn't create this thread to get any +Rep. I just made it to get some convo going on the topic. I'd love to see some replies!
    Last edited by calio; 03-27-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Let's talk success/failure with AH autoclicker
    julian_in's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once saw 4 stacks of void crystals for 1 silver each stack ;D;D! . i was just bored on an alt and wanted to see if there was anything interesting on the AH while waiting for a buddy in booty bay to grind some quests with.

a 70 from the opposite faction stood right next to me and spammed me with emotes, so i guess it was his? ;b
    sux2bhim;b 6):

Peacelock's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post, +rep (you should include a link to either a place to download or a post that has got one though). I haven't used it myself but the idea is one that I had long before I heard of the autoclicker (no, really), I just didn't know how to program back then:P

Hofan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my server people have gotten pretty wise and have started killing the auctioneer that I am at so I decided to just make sure I had another alt in all the other neutral AHs (Well only two but yeah) so if they start killing me at once place I just log over to another.

joeschmoe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat info..too bad im on p-servers.

henhouse's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the extra info! +rep.

cubed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been very successful with this method, though I don't use the auto-clicker Calek originally suggested. I play on a pvp server and I've easily made over 1k gold in a week having it on for max 2 hours in a day, some days I don't even run it.

When I first heard about this method I decided to set out and make a bot to do it, and I've been pretty successful. I play on a pvp realm, so some important features were corpse running, and character switching - both which my bot does very well.

I've been thinking about it recently, and I am curious - of the 4 ways out there to do this automatically (Glider, Innerspace, AutoClicker, and AutoIt) which would win in a "race" of sorts. I mean, it would just be interesting, obviously they don't all have the same feature set.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

P.S. The only failure I have had (and it was the biggest thing I could possibly fail on) was when I first started doing this, and my scan timer was set to 6 seconds, instead of modded down to 1 second like I have it. I missed a Monsoon Belt with 2 blue gems in it, :\

streppel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tryed it for 2 days now and nothing(pve server) innerspace script,tweaked to 1sec btmscan

Hofan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention that this has been immensely successful. I think I've gotten about 7k roughly in the past 2 weeks doing it randomly through out the day only a couple times overnight - this is all on a PVE server btw.

I've been using the lavishscript version of the clicker that was posted here with the settings on pg16 of the autoclicker thread including the 2second interval modification. I vary between the boxs hidden behind the crate and the hidden auctioneer near the guards (Graves). Btw if you are worried about people tracking your characters name down somehow if you wanna be especially cruel name your toons after various players/guild banks and people will start blaming others. Also someone once said that if you get the cannot query right now message when you try to scan it may be due to lag on your part or too many programs running. Im not sure if thats true but it seems to be true for me when I get the messages I close down my other games or IEs and it goes away so take it for what you want.
    Last edited by Hofan; 03-28-2008 at 06:16 AM.

tsloop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottomscanner has been good to me lately, in the last week I've gotten a Clefthide Leg Armor, Eight of Lunacy, 20 Primal Shadow, and 20 Primal Earths all for 1 copper each, then last night I got 18 Primal Nethers for 1 copper. All of this is on a PVP server too.

Logless's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i wish there was something similar for PVP servers.

Hofan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I read somewhere here the other day for pvp servers its best to stand near Auctioneer Graves due to how close he is to the guards prevent ppl from killing you sometimes. Might wanna try that if youre not having any luck if you arent already.

edit - just an update today i made a nice score of about 2k haha
    Last edited by Hofan; 03-29-2008 at 09:49 AM.

lt1camaro13's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ehh cool!!
    <>< FISHY!!!!!
    addiction: wow: 80% fish: 20%

Girard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I find information on who to modify my BottomScanner from 6 to 1 second? I'm not familiar with scripts at all and have been using btmscanner/autoclicker. I just need a faster reload time on the bottom scanner

Eepi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by streppel View Post
    tryed it for 2 days now and nothing(pve server) innerspace script,tweaked to 1sec btmscan
    How did you tweak your BtmScan to 1 sec reload? O.o
    I would like to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast