0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MaNGOS makes a come-back(need TBC!!)

Alright people... I am writing in a big, bold, and bright font so everyone reads EVERYTHING!
    I will be using Reaper-X MaNGOS (i know this is a repost... but there was a alot of probs in other thread)
    first thing go to
    MySQL :: The world's most popular open source database and go to the communtity version page, you will find a part that makes you select a platform (this means your PC platform), after you find it click it, then whne it takes you to the little section on the page with your platform as a title for the little barred section, make sure you down load the zip/exe.

If later on you wish to make changes to items or even add items you will need SQLYog... you can down that here
    Free MySQL GUI Client Tools. Monitor and Manage MySQL and click on the download button in the section that says "#1 MySQL GUI Tools" it will take you to a download page scroll down untill you find the community edition section down load the binary for 6.16(stable)...

INSTALLATION
    MySQL:
    when you download of setup.exe is finished run it from wherever you saved it.click next>>make sure typical is selected and click next>>then click install>>wait for it to finish>> a little pop up will come click next twice>>when it comes to the final screen where "Wizard Completed" is at the top make sure the "Configure Instance Now" box is checked>>click next>> make sure u select standard config and click next>> "Install As Windows Service" needs to be checked as well as "Launch the MySQL Server automatically"click next>>enter you password make sure its something easy to remember click next>>click execute.(post any errors(in decent description))

SQLYog:
    Execute SQLyog616 and click next>> agree to the LA and click next>> select where you want shortcuts and click next>> install it where you want it doesn't really matter and install>>after its finished click next>> can can choose not to run it, and finish

THE REPACK
    download the repack at
    ReaperMangos5225.exe and extract it anywhere. when its done go into the folder "ReaperMangos5225" and open "reaper-easy-mangos" and execute "reaper-x-mangos" follow the instructions.when you come the the point that has select of what to do, type "1" and hit [Enter] which database you use depends on what you want to use... type the number of the DB and hit [Enter] and minimize it.
    The Long Part:
    go into the "Tools" folder and then into "VmapExtractAssembler" run "makevmaps_SIMPLE" and minimize it
    go back into "Tools" and go into "MapExtractor" take "ad" and put it in you WoW directory, after making a folder called "maps" run it
    go into "DBC Extracor" from the tools folder and depending on whether you have enUS or enGB copy "extract (your WoW version)", SFmpq.dll, and MPQE and go into <wow directory>/data/enXX (XX because i dont know if you have US or GB) then run "extract XX"
    go out for coffee or just have some and/or watch a movie and a while later you will see that 3 out of the 4 cmd windows are closed. close the 4th one by typing "X" and hitting [Enter]
    now go to the place where i told you to copy
    "extract (your WoW version)", SFmpq.dll, and MPQE and look for a folder called "dbc" and move it to your "ReaperMangos5225" folder, the same goes with the folder maps in your WoW directory. go to "Tools" and then "VmapExtractAssembler" amd copy folder "vmaps to your "ReaperMangos5225"
    after all that try it out run "realmd" then "mangos"
    create an account in "manogs by typing " create <usernamehere> <passwordhere>" then "setgm <usernamehere> 3" for full administration and "setbc <usernamehere> 1" to have a Burning Crusade account. and voila your new server!
    argenplagengurtsengurgleflootsenbitunresaterd i have no idea what i just sed either

MaNGOS makes a come-back(need TBC!!)
    Le Froid's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the bright boldness makes it impossible to read
    Also needs organization. copy paste, or just wrote down stuff without going over it?

bbob101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please help me

ok im having problems whenever i download mysql it doesnt give me any of those options it wont even let me sighn up for an acc and when i run it it also says it has to be in my hard drive does it HAVE TO BE IN MY HARD DRIVE... and one more thing when you say execute reaperes mangos what do you mean

please post back, thx

blimpy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bbob101 View Post
    ok im having problems whenever i download mysql it doesnt give me any of those options it wont even let me sighn up for an acc and when i run it it also says it has to be in my hard drive does it HAVE TO BE IN MY HARD DRIVE... and one more thing when you say execute reaperes mangos what do you mean

please post back, thx
    you have to download MySQL INTO YOU HARDDRIVE!! .... then go into wherever you saved it and execute setup.exe.... and reaper-x-mangos is in the the server directory folder "reaper-eazy-mangos"
    argenplagengurtsengurgleflootsenbitunresaterd i have no idea what i just sed either

blimpy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Le Froid View Post
    Actually the bright boldness makes it impossible to read
    Also needs organization. copy paste, or just wrote down stuff without going over it?
    i wrote this guide exactly the same way i had to setup my server... and if it really that hard to read... i can tone down the colour.... the bold is gunna stay... i may add spaces more space between lines.... and the size.... only gunna get bigger if i have more probs....

bbob101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what does execute mean?

bbob101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i figured out my last problem but now i have a nother one i did all that then when it comes to this part Configure Instance Now" box is checked>>click next>> make sure u select standard config and click next>> "Install As Windows Service" needs to be checked as well as "Launch the MySQL Server automatically"click next>>enter you password make sure its something easy to remember click next>>click execute.

absolutely nothing happens

bbob101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    again i found the problem and i got a new one when i open the reapers mangos it doesnt give instructions it says something about the bin file or sumthing from mysql?????

DLC's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a baby kitten died while I read that.
    [72;101;108;108;111;32;109;121;32;110;97;109;101;32;
    105;115;32;68;97;114;114;101;110;0]

blimpy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bbob101 View Post
    again i found the problem and i got a new one when i open the reapers mangos it doesnt give instructions it says something about the bin file or sumthing from mysql?????

use that path that it uses as an example...then you can (hopefully) fly from there...

blimpy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DLC View Post
    I think a baby kitten died while I read that.
    please dont post if it is completely retarded and off subject theres a forum for that
    Last edited by blimpy; 03-11-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Clorcky's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT :What is the Ip address needed ?
    Last edited by Clorcky; 03-15-2008 at 01:37 PM.

blimpy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Clorcky View Post
    EDIT :What is the Ip address needed ?
    127.0.0.1 is the IP needed to connect to YOUR server

Wetop's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by blimpy View Post
    use that path that it uses as an example...then you can (hopefully) fly from there...
    I did that, it just closes the program, is that ok? And i have it installed in the same path ofc.

blimpy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are u sure u entered it exactly ... it has to be C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL/bin
    if you dont have a "C" drive use the drive where u instaslled it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast