Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recipe for a Level 29 Retribution Paladin

Recipe for a Level 29 Retribution Paladin Twink

Hello MMOwned, I decided to release my idea of a Level 29 Ret Paladin Twink. All of this except for the talents I found on WoWiki, all I did was provide a spec I thought would work well and made this compilation. If you have ANY suggestions to make this better, please post them here. If your going to flame, well, I can't stop you . So all, feel free to put in your twocents and let me know what you think. Also, if you find any errors in this working on a retail server, please let me know.
    -Riizu

Armor

Frostreaver Crown-Head
    Scout's Medallion-Neck
    Sparkleshell Mantle-Shoulders
    Tigerstrike Mantle-Back
    Avenger's Armor-Chest
    Yorgen Bracers-Wrist
    Thermaplugg's Left Arm-2h Axe*
    Algae fists-Gloves
    Defiler's Lamellar Girdle-Belt
    Highlander's Lamellar Greaves-Boots
    Seal of Wrynn-Ring
    Protector's Band-Ring
    Phalanx Leggings of Power-Legs
    Defiler's Talisman-Trinket
    Talisman of Arathor-Trinket

Talent Points

0/0/20

5/5 - Benediction
    5/5 - Deflection
    5/5 - Conviction
    3/3 - Improved Seal of Command
    1/2 - Eye for an Eye
    1/1 - Seal of Command

Macros

3 very useful mana efficient macros if used correctly (see below) – the most efficient use of these 3 macros would be to place them next to each other in the actionbar, the order is up to you.

Macro 1: When not in combat, this macro will show and only cast Seal of the Crusader. When in combat, it will display only Judgement. During combat when there is a Seal, pressing this macro once will cast Judgement on target and also cast/refill your Paladin w/ Seal of the Crusader. Additionally, since by pressing this macro during combat will cast Seal of the Crusader anyways, so when there is no Seal already casted and your Paladin is forced into combat (when enemy attacks you), pressing this macro will cast Seal of the Crusader even during combat. Furthermore, this macro includes “/startattack” command, which will start attacking the enemy when the button is press.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [nocombat] Seal of the Crusader
    /cast [combat] Judgement
    /cast [combat] Seal of the Crusader

Macro 2
    : When a 2-Handed weapon is equipped, it will display Seal of Command. When a 1-Handed weapon is equipped, it will display Seal of Righteousness. When this macro is pressed when there is already a Seal casted, it will cast Judgement and recast/refill the Seal according to the type of weapon. Without any Seal casted, it will cast the Seal according to the type of weapon. This macro includes “/startattack” command, which will start attacking the enemy when the button is pressed.

Code:
    #showtooltip [equipped:Two-Hand] Seal of Command; [equipped:One-Hand] Seal of Righteousness
    /startattack
    /cast Judgement
    /cast [equipped:Two-Hand] Seal of Command; [equipped:One-Hand] Seal of Righteousness

Macro #3
    : This macro is used depending on situation. It will always display Hammer of Justice. When this macro is pressed, it will cast Hammer of Justice then Judgement with one press.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Hammer of Justice
    /cast Judgement

How to best use these 3 macros together?

Well, it’s always advised to judge “Seal of the Crusader” 1st to get the most Holy damage cause to the enemy with other Seals.

1. Before you run into combat, press Macro #1 to cast Seal of the Crusader.
    2. As you get near or within range of the enemy, press Macro #2 to judge Seal of the Crusader on the enemy. By pressing this macro, it will also recast either Seal of Command or Seal of Righteousness depending on your weapon.
    3. Macro #1 while in combat will display Judgement, this allows you to see the cooldown timer and when the Judgement is ready for use again.
    4. Use Macro #2 as needed depending on how much health the enemy has. Try not to constantly judge the Seal as that is not the most efficient use of mana.
    5. Options:
    * When fighting an enemy that tends to run away when they are low on health, it is good idea to use Macro #3, which will stop the enemy from running and judge the Seal on the enemy, causing damage and hopefully kill it.
    * When fighting a higher level enemy or boss and/or your Paladin is low on health, you may want to get an extra hit in for damage by using Macro #3.
    * When fighting an enemy that does not run away and you’re not worried about health, use Macro #1 as the finishing move. With a Seal of Command/Righteousness already casted, Judgement will cost damage and hopefully kills the enemy. At the same time, it will recast Seal of the Crusader. Now you are ready to move on to the next enemy right away.

Fast Freedom

*Bind this key to your middle button or somewhere fast, then use it when you're slowed or rooted, etc.! by

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=player] Blessing of Freedom

Preventing Runners (Seal of Justice)

*Since Judgement is not effected by the global cooldown, this instantly forces mobs to stop running- I like to use this as soon as the emote that they begin running appears, forcing them to run back to you (PvE) or hindering their movement speed (PvP).

Code:
    /cast Seal of Justice
    /cast Judgement
    Credits:

-WoWiki for being such a great resource
    -Ascent Emu team for putting out an emulator that I was able to use to try -out my compilation
    -Blizzard for making such a great game

and finally, but most important:

-The MMOwned community for being there to provide its members with quality information, original creations, and overall help
    Thanks!

Recipe for a Level 29 Retribution Paladin
    Devllen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet post im thinking about leveling a pally now

chaostheory's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm I got a 29 dwarf ret pally too; however i dont seem to use macros.
    Is just very simple too kill on pvp with a pally all you need is the seal of command, judgement hammer of justice, blessing of freedom shields and holy light

1. Get close to a mob put on seal of command strike and judgement
    2. put seal of command again and w8 tiill judgement cooldowns
    3. If trapped just put blessing of freedom
    4. if healing or runing put hammer of jjustice and instantly judgement to get a bonification bonus of the judgement
    5. if low on health bubble and heal and finish it

as simply as that no need on macroing at that lvl

riizu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just there for reference as it can be hard to find info on paladins in general. And on terms of leveling paladins, i've leveled two 70's, and i'm working on another, which is level 28 at the moment. I thought i'd just share what I found out. Also, macros can be helpful when it comes down to PvE and you are taking on 5 mobs at once. I find myself that I can tend to get a little confused and find myself recasting a seal when I haven't even judged the seal that I already had on. Macros are a good way to help you stay mana efficient in diffucult situations, instead of just spamming the bejesus out of 5 different keys.