2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hard look at ProfileBay

I have absolutely nothing against ocktra, but I want to provide a relatively unbiased review as someone who has finished their 2 month subscription. This will be a look back at the last two months and my thoughts on profilebay.

What do you Get for your Money
    ProfileBay has a "subscription" service. They say they provide daily updates.

In reality, updates are far from daily. In the month of feburary, there have been 3 profiles posted, two 1-3 profiles and a 1-4 profile. I can make 1-3 profiles in my sleep.
    If there are an average of 3 profiles per month, that equals out to 6 profiles every subscription payment. ProfileBay's service has to be looked at as a 1 time purchase. Subscribe, download their profiles, and don't expect any more.

Ocktra states there will be a large release of profiles very soon. Great, that's been said since early/mid January. If I've been subscribed for 2 months, the should have been at least one large release. I don't care if there will be a large release, promises don't get us anywhere, actual content does.

Download Limits

They are supposedly in place to prevent leaking, and I have seen them work before. Unfortunately the limit is far to low, and chokes the user. Bronze subscribers to my knowledge only receive 1 profile download per day. If you're starting a new character you can download 1-4 for that day. Great. I hit level 4 in 40 minutes.. Time to take a ****ing long break. If you encounter problems with one profile, too bad, you can't try another until the next day. Another one of Ocktra's promises is to fix the download limit. He's only been saying that since December. It still is not fixed.

Profile Areas
    There are some great profiles in the archives of ProfileBay, unfortunately, too many are in popular Farming or botting locales. When I see Alterac Mountains - Yetis, Alterac Mountains - Crushridge and Arathi Highlands - Circle of Inner Binding as 3 out of 8 of the 30-40 Profiles, I groan. While the paths might be slightly different, there will almost certainly be players in these locations. People might think that if they use "Private" profiles, even if they are in public locations, they will be fine, but they will not. The number of public'ish profiles is simply unacceptable.

Support
    Support is good. Ocktra is happy to help if he's on AIM. Other ProfileBay team members are happy to help as well.

Conclusion
    In conclusion, if you don't expect too much and you can stand a very low download limit as well as a mix of decent and mediocre profiles, ProfileBay is not a bad choice. However, the current site is built on promises and intentions, and good intentions do not always end with results.

Best wishes to Ocktra with his website.

A hard look at ProfileBay
    Lyricalwarfare's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, allways wondered what that site had to offer.
    Luckily I read this and I can say..The site sucks.

stoffe1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahh thanks now i know

Yeti's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site is really not worth it, and ocktra is just a money cow. he convinced me to thinking we were going to affiliate if i got rid of something of my site then he just ignored me about that and then poof went a huge chance at good money.

sheeesh's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The profiles are all basically revamped 'public' major profiles.