Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Two Cents.

Proven/Premium User System
    Well, MMOwned may be well known for being an open source for people wanting their exploits, but we are part of a bigger community, and that's the community of all the other exploiters, model editers, etc, and they aren't too happy with us. Members who have around 50 posts, or a given amount of rep, or just seem to take an active and illicit interest in the site and contributing to it overall should be added to a Proven/Premium User Group, which shouldn't be all too different other than access to different forums as well as a new title.

Reorganization of WoW Forums
    The forums are cluttered and keep getting pumped full of more and more entries which are just duplications. I propose a submission system, where you would submit, explain the category and then it would be reviewed for duplication before being added to the directory, slower, yes, but far more efficient. It'd also be a way to eliminate possible virus threats and to keep the things that should be low-profile just that.

Custom Skin
    We're one of the biggest WoW forums out there but our skin is all but original! What the hell does a paw have to do with WoW anyway?

I'm experienced with Photoshop 7, CS and CS2 and if you ever need anyone to give you a hand then just ask, because I can craft quality GFX.

Examples: [X] [X] [X] [X]
    If you're not going to bother to click the +Rep button, don't say you will.

My Two Cents.
    Shingles's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My Two Cents.

That's the greatest f**kin' idea I've heard today.
    And it's well presented!

+rep

(>.<)
    ||

"It must be hard. Trying to remember the truth when it's not actually the truth. It'd be easier just to lie, eh?" - Munter.

LeojRIP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like yourt idea and think you have a talent for photoshop. I respect that.

Marlo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proven/Premium User System
    There is, its called contributor.

Reorganization of WoW Forums
    Matt has the forums as he wants them as far as I know so I wont expect a change. Also you say that manually approving every thread is slow BUT efficient? i think someone needs a dictionary.

Custom Skin
    We did have a wow themed forum but Blizz sent a warning to Matt accusing him of copyright infringement.

Examples: [X] [X] [X] [X]

any fool can add lighting effects and filters can you design Logo's?
    Last edited by Marlo; 01-11-2007 at 05:03 AM.

Banksey's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marlo would you ever stop putting people down and type something encouraging for once.

Joker has a well presented idea which he would like reviewed, This is just his opinions and what he thinks would be best for the forums.

By a Proven/Premium User System he means something besides the Contributor forum which most people who spend any time here know about, Something for memeber who not only are rewarded because of writing 1000 letter guides or making a nice model edit, Yes we all love contributors, but some of us want a section for people with a high post count as well as the regular 100 rep or whatever is needed for a Contributor rank.

And just because you are good at photoshop doesn't mean that no one else:irock:
    And thats MAH 2 cents
    Barrόga Agus Pόga ό Banksey
    :hug::smooch:

The Doctor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"There is, its called contributor."
    Only a given bit of people are contributors, and if you read into my idea you'd see it'd be to put a limit on the knowledge shared openly, and simply make the process at which members gain access to the more high profile for ban and secretive exploits, etc, more complicated.

"Matt has the forums as he wants them as far as I know so I wont expect a change. Also you say that manually approving every thread is slow BUT efficient? i think someone needs a dictionary."
    I think you need to look in the dictionary, efficient means that something is performed in the best possible manner, albeit as fast as possible. Just because it's a bit slower doesn't take away the fact that it could easily be regarded as a better way to do things - no more duplicate threads, no more fear of keyloggers, an organized and easy way to find threads - that's a better solution than a crammed forum and threads about the instant Defias spawn in Westfall which have surfaced fifty times over.

"We did have a wow themed forum but Blizz sent a warning to Matt accusing him of copyright infringement."
    Yes, because he used images from World of Warcraft. An original skin could be anything, not necessarily one made from the World of Warcraft standard UI's images as it was before, but one relevant to the subject matter of the site - not a random paw and a black and green skin.

"any fool can add lighting effects and filters can you design Logo's?"
    Lighting effects and filters are not what was used there. And I have yet to see any fool on this site come up with results comprable to those, logos and signatures are in a different realm, as well. While I can use the pen tool to create logos, I rarely do so because I don't like the simplicity of it, and like making things which have action and images.

TwiceoveR's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Poker
    Lighting effects and filters are not what was used there. And I have yet to see any fool on this site come up with results comprable to those, logos and signatures are in a different realm, as well. While I can use the pen tool to create logos, I rarely do so because I don't like the simplicity of it, and like making things which have action and images.
    Sorry Poker, Marlo forgot to include using the built it "Layer Blending Options" and downloading brushpacks. So difficult.

And @Banksey his name is Poker, not Joker....
    "i dont get it do i type /hint i ngame?" - cantkill
    "Failure - When your best just isn't good enough."

The Doctor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by TwiceoveR
    Sorry Poker, Marlo forgot to include using the built it "Layer Blending Options" and downloading brushpacks. So difficult.
    Would that be criticism for using tools at my disposal and at all other "fools" to make a nice looking signature?

Matt's Avatar Legendary Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys
    A) stop flaming.
    B) I like these ideas, and I'm in the process of implementing new changes (i was away on a ski trip the past 4 days)
    C) You'll be noticing a lot of differences on the forum within the next few weeks, I'm just not shutting the forums down to do it.
    D) If anyone here knows how to make vBulletin 3.5.x skins, feel free to make a new one for the site and send it to me.. otherwise I'll have to hire a coder to do it..