0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Risk

Does anyone know what can happends if blizzard finds out your hosting a private server and what can i do to make this chance as low as possible?
    I've heard some buy a server comp and set it up in another country.

Risk
    OMGPWN's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASKED WAY TO MANY TIMES! use search and yes it is illegal even if someone tryes to say its not.. they will ipban your comp from running wow on it... easily avoided with a ip change and they can take the law into hand and do somthing else but they wont cus if they were after you I think they would hit xtremetop100.com first

Clain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They dont ip ban your computer from running WoW if that is even possible...Blizzard wouldn't even going through the trouble to do that. But yes this has been asked way to many times, search.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol they do ip ban... as I said there gonna hit xtremetop100.com first if anything lol

Raymon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If blizzard was soo worried about private servers then i bet there wouldnt be one ....i bet they can go out right now and just search xtreme 100 and see that page popup but their not cuz their really not worried about private servers at all..........they don't care!

CairiFEA's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is illegal if you are making personal gain/profit from your server.
    It is not illegal to host a server on your computer SO LONG AS THE MEMBERS on your server have a legal version of the game and an online account (they own and pay blizzard)
    It is not illegal to spend any money gained ON the server. Ie to purchase a dedicated server, battery backups etc.
    It is illegal to charge people to play.
    It is not illegal to take donations for your SERVER (not personal) for creating items, or the like.

Blizzard once to WoWscape to court a few years ago and it was denied. The server was doing nothing wrong in the eyes of the law. The only thing Blizzard can do is if they find that your account has been on a private server (extremely hard) they can ban your retail account. But why would they do that...you're paying them.

Cairi,
    gmtricks.com

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fail. A private server is illegal and blizzard doesnt care because I told you were they would target first if they did care. Private servers cause wow to loose money and its stealing of there hardware. You now got your answer

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

CairiFEA's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corrected

Private servers cause wow to loose money and its stealing of there hardware
    Private servers don't use any of blizzards hardware; software yes.

Indeed I stand corrected. Thank you OMGPWN for pointing out why it is in fact illegal to run your own server.

Section of Blizzards EULA

B. You agree that you shall not, under any circumstances,

(i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Game to other parties in any way not expressly authorized herein, nor shall you rent, lease or license the Game to others;

(ii) exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the Game Client, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Blizzard;

(iii) host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, including without limitation through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Game, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks, or as part of content aggregation networks; or

(iv)facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game or the Service, including without limitation any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service. All connections to the Game and/or the Service, whether created by the Game Client or by other tools and utilities, may only be made through methods and means expressly approved by Blizzard. Under no circumstances may you connect, or create tools that allow you or others to connect, to the Game's proprietary interface other than those expressly provided by Blizzard for public use.

Cairi,
    gmtricks.com

Edit-- typo
    Last edited by CairiFEA; 02-22-2008 at 10:12 PM.

jokerjokes's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /closed and stop opening stupid lil threads like this and waisting space seriously, search and look at this god dam topis, because then stupid people will jsut keep on arguing like 2 year olds, and just wont drop it HAve a nice night everyone (sry admin ya can close lol just sick and tired of this bs with the same story and bs comments over and over)

DarkSoulja FM's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is always restards that can hack ur server so u shud back it up every week or so.