0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skyfury Helm Quest Guide

Quests:
    [60] Material Assistance: http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=7667
    [60] The Darkwreaver Menace: http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=7668

Party Build
    1 priest- Healing, Shackle, Shadow Resistance(the first time I did this we found out our priest was shadow specced after we started, we still made it)
    1 warrior- Tank so that the other shamans can dps down whatever he is attacking
    3 shaman- 3ankh=3attempts if needed, totems for buffing ecspecially having 3 grounding totems at once explained later on
    Of course this isn't the exact build you have to go with, I'm just saying this is what I've used 3 times now without failure and I think
    you'll see why as you follow along.

Before You Start
    Ankh for each shaman, 1 stack of lvl 55 water/food per member from a friendly mage, Pots if you can afford them (we never used pots)

I'm going to attempt to draw out this scenario for you to help you understand what I'm trying to say. (got the idea from a dankish site)
    Rattlegore's Room- "Great Ossuary's basement in Scholomance"

'X' = Where party stays most of the time.
    'D' = Where I've place the Divination Scryer each time(basically as far away from group as possible)
    '1'/'2'/'3' = represent a location of 3 elite ghosts
    ________________[door]___________________

|_x_________________________________1_|

|_____________________________________|

|_________________2___________________|

|_______________________________D_____|

|_3___________________________________|

Note: Plz get your group to alt+tab and read this before going in.

1. Clear the entire room before starting (obvious I know)

2. Rest up etc. and get everyone into position 'X' as far in that corner as possible.

3. Have 1 shaman go place the Scryer as far from the group in the opposite corner as possible 'D' and run back.

Note: Again, do not leave that corner your in 'X'

4. The event has now started, you will be facing wave after wave of ghosts. These really aren't that bad, keep your totems down to buff
    up your group. Priest can shackle if really needed. Make sure the Warrior keeps aggro of any ghosts on top of the group. All
    three of the shaman should focus on the warriors target and dps it down. You will easily go through each ghost one at a time while
    several ghosts are pounding on your tank. Earthbind totem here is really helpful, the reason for this is the ghosts can create
    illusions of themselves and Earthbind totem gets rid of those illusions.

5. Generally you should have enough time to mana/heal up between waves of ghosts. Just be ready to drink/eat as soon as you kill the
    last ghost of each wave.

6. The last wave of green ghosts will put a curse on the group that causes players to take more damage when hit. This curse lasts 10minutes.
    Finish off this last wave. At this point the 9 elite ghosts should spawn in the locations 1/2/3 of the room as displayed on
    the map I made posted above. Now you are safe to rest up your char. and yourselves. The 3 groups of elite quests will not come
    over to your group positioned in corner 'X' unless provoked, so go ahead and take a break to wait out the curse. Doing this will
    greatly increase your chances of success.

7. The Hardest Part- 9 Elites
    Do not kid yourself that you can take 9 elites or even 6 elites at once. The biggest problem is that these ghosts have a very
    very large aggro radius. This creates problems because most people will try to get their timing right to try and pull group '2'
    of the ghosts but instead pull all 3 groups. Everyone says the key to this is 'pulling' but I strongly disagree, as a matter of
    fact you don't want to pull, you want to rush in.

That's right, I said 'rush in'. Watch how the ghosts move and notice how far apart group '2' and '1' can get. What your going
    to do is have your priest shield your warrior run over to group '1' while hugging the wall(do not 'charge' in, avoid anything that will make your aggro
    range bigger). Once you see that your warrior has aggro of the group '1' ghosts and didn't pull group '2' also, go ahead and
    have your whole group hug the wall and run over to him. Priest shackle one ghost and everyone else focus on 1 ghost at a time.
    Again totem as needed, and yes these ghosts hit fairly hard.

Now you should have destroyed group '1' and only have 6 more elite ghosts to go. Eat/drink up. Move everyone back to position'X'.
    Have your warrior stand at the door or against that wall in a position he can see group '2' and '3'. It will be his job to pull
    group '2' into the corner you fought group '1'. Make sure you warrior isn't to trigger happy on doing this, but if he does mess up
    and pull both groups just let him die. Rez him and try again. Once your warrior has only group '2' in the corner where group '1'
    was go ahead and run over to him and take care of the group just like the previous.

Now you are home free! Rest up and go take out group '3' without worries of groups '1'/'2'.

7.5 You should finish off the last set of elite green ghosts in the X corner. After you kill the last group of green elite ghosts, an
    Aspect will spawn. Shackle him immediately, take some time to get mana back (reshackle until you are ready), then kill the Aspect.
    After you kill the Aspect more purple ghosts will spawn. KILL THEM AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! If you do it right, you should never have
    more than 2 ghosts spawned at a time, shackle one, DPS the other, keep the grounding totems coming (and level 1 earth shocks work
    awesome here). If you don't kill them fast enough, they will continue to spawn in to where you could have 6-7+ elite ghosts to deal
    with and it's pretty much game over. Then, when the second Aspect spawns, shackle him again, regen mana, and prepare for the boss
    fight. Once you kill this Aspect, the Boss will spawn and immediately aggro.
    (Thanks for this section -- Skraggy Level 60 Tauren Shaman -- Guild:The Tribe -- Realm:Aggramar)

8. Boss fight
    Long easy fight. Seeing as how you have 3 shaman make sure each of you is keeping your Grounding Totem down. The boss has some
    pretty heavy shadow bolts that do the majority of his damage and the grounding totems will take care of that. Keep a positive outlook
    and take this guy down, you've already passed the hardest part that almost everyone else wipes on.

SideNote: The Boss also MC's occasionally. Have the shamans ready to purge, and use your level 1 earth shocks like crazy to interupt
    his Dominate Mind spell (SpellAlert mod will show you when he's casting it). (Thanks Skraggy)

9. Congratulations!
    Are you serious? Just go get the helm already! http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51058

Skyfury Helm Quest Guide