0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide][HELP]Fixing Port 8129

For those asking how to fix the
    'Bind on port 8129'
    error i believe that if you to your browser and type into the address bar your ip of your home computer which is most likey xxx.xxx.1.1 or something of that sort it will ask you your Name and Password type these in and it will take you to a webpage about your router. From here their is a tab that says TCP ports or Gaming or something like that your gonna go to that port and then follow the simple website to the part where it says the port name you need to open. just type in the 8129 port and walah its open

now i know this guide isnt very specific but if your making a server i hope your semi-intelegent(Results and processes may very depending on your ISP and Router brand which is why isnt not so specific but if you find something about this just post. This is meant to throw u on the right path of fixing it. have fun if it works
    Last edited by Errage; 02-06-2008 at 04:39 PM.

[Guide][HELP]Fixing Port 8129
    Reserved's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't quite understand...

Rouslan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Soccerfool54 View Post
    For those asking how to fix the
    'Bind on port 8129'
    error i believe that if you to your browser and type into the address bar your ip of your home computer which is most likey xxx.xxx.1.1 or something of that sort it will ask you your Name and Password type these in and it will take you to a webpage about your router. From here their is a tab that says TCP ports or Gaming or something like that your gonna go to that port and then follow the simple website to the part where it says the port name you need to open. just type in the 8129 port and walah its open

now i know this guide isnt very specific but if your making a server i hope your semi-intelegent(Results and processes may very depending on your ISP and Router brand which is why isnt not so specific but if you find something about this just post. This is meant to throw u on the right path of fixing it. have fun if it works ++rep i dont like being a site noob
    um did you just post a guide on how port forward a port?

i dont quiet understand this guide at all..

and for a Semi -Intelegent individual liek yourself. You should understand that 8129 is not the port in question ,... its actualy a porty 3724 that gives poeple problems not 8129

DOWNLOAD NOW!
    Cosa Nostra Core

Soccerfool54's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Srry for the confusion but this was incase any other forum post threads looked like the one i was in because every other post was something to do with how the ascent server was crashing when they made it public
    most of these were contributed to 'bind on port '8129' so i decided to tell poeple how to foward a port yes
    but now i realize that if your ports werent open yet this might not help at all so if your port is closed you cant forward it so what needs to be done (only if you use the defult firewall on windows XP) go to the start control pannel and then to firewall. their are some deviations in this but in here you can probably find out how to fix this

by the way this guide is only for people have the 'bind on prot 8129' (or for that matter and binds on any ports) and dont know what it means. Hopefully by telling them it means they need to open a port and maybe forward it and telling them where to do it they might be able to figure it out
    so if you dont have the error this wont tell you anything that will be of any use and you probably already know how to do it
    and yes it was port 8129 that was in the cmd promt when the ascent server was made public using ricosrepack and non hammachi
    but if it is 3724 that gives other people porblems they can do the same thing with a different port im just letting people know where to open/foward posts its really simple i understand that so i figured they could figure out how.
    Last edited by Soccerfool54; 01-31-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Wounded's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone help me with port 8129 it not opening >< plz i will +rep my msn messager is [email protected] plz ty

j9sjam3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I advise this website?
    PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Very good and handy
    <--- please click.

*working on a decent siggy*

V1cTorY's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UM opening port 8129? go start\run\ and enter cmd then type ipconfig
    then where it says default gateway type those numbers in ur address bar, no www or anything, just 192.168.1.1 or whatever urs us, then type in user and pass, admin admin or username password or admin nothing 4 pass or whatever u set it then click port forwarding/triggering and for name anything, starting port 8129 ending 8129 then for the ip its ur internal ip adress from cmd prompt after typing in ipconfig were it says ip adress......XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX type that for ip then enter or whatever, hopefully that helped, if you need help message me