0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PVP Specs BG or Arena

Hey guys thought I'd share my knowledge I've used all of these specs, and they are some of the best for in PvP situations. Arena/bg's whatever you want to do!

All these are for PvP only.

Shaman

Resto

Nature's guardian is one of the most looked over talents. It has saved me in many situations also Guardian totems is over looked a lot too. Seconds off that grounding is a must have.

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Shaman -> Talent Calculator

Elemental

A lot of people do elemental in a different way, some get eye of the storm which is no use if you have high resilience. Nature's swiftness is a must though; it can assist you in that massive burst or help save a falling teammate. You could also take a point out of totemic mastery and put it in healing focus for 5/5 for that extra push back

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Shaman -> Talent Calculator

Mage

As a mage specing for pvp usually means frost. When your opponent is frozen that is a 50 percent chance to crit. making a frostbolt ice lance combo deadly. Some people prefer POM pyro, POM frost or even full fire. These specs rely on high crit rating and your survivability drops a lot. Although I had fun as fire I noticed with out any crits I was usually a dead mage

Frost

As frost for pvp most people like putting 17 into arcane, some like taking and putting 5 into Imp arcane missiles while others like to max out arcane focus. I like having 5 into imp missiles when you have no cool downs up getting of casts can be a pain in the ass sometimes I have won because I did spec 5 choice is up to you in the end. You can always put 3 into someplace else and max arcane focus. In the frost tree you could always switch Piercing ice for permafrost.

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Mage -> Talent Calculator

Fire

As fire you’re reducing your survival rate a lot. With out a water elemental to help buy you seconds to get a way from a pesky rogue or warrior it can be hard to burn them down if you don't have the upper hand. Taking full arcane focus to reduce the chance of a counterspell resist is a must here. You can move talents to where you want them, but I liked this build as fire for pvp only

PoM Pyro

PoM Pyro builds are really risky with out your cool downs you are the suck you are relying on your gear here a lot no crit basically means someone living Also I noticed a lot of mages skip blastwave, this is a must for your burst dps. Putting points into arcane potency might sound nice but the chance of arcane concentration procing when u need it is slim

PoM Frost

PoM frost doesn't rely on gear as much as fire. Most people laugh at the thought of pom frost, but you really get the maximum damage from a crit with this build. of course only use your cool downs after a frost nova :yuck: Some people don't like the idea of pom frost but in the end your survival goes up a few with frostbite and cold snap.

Warrior

Now the only spec you should do with out nerfing yourself in pvp is MS hands down, I don't care what other people say "what if I go deep enough to get a weap spec in arms" that debuff is the most important thing in the game if you want to lol bloodthirst go PvE. Now there are several different ways to spec it I’ll show you two that I use.

MS Slam

As MS slam you will use slam on mace stun proc and intercept stuns the rest is you know, roll your face on that keyboard

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

MS Heavier Arms

Ah this spec is for you to lazy to roll your face to that slam button :devil: you could take the 2 points out of prot and get blood frenzy if you wanted.

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

Rogue

woo the rogue class one of my favorites got to love being a sneaking bastard now a lot of rogues have been going sub lately you know buff to lolstep well I’ve tried it out you lose a lot of burst but gain mobility. Combat mace should still be the top imo but hey lets look at them all

Sub/Daggers

Ok sub is one that takes some getting use to. I'm still getting the hang of it got to save up those CD's when you need them well tech that's all builds...

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Rogue -> Talent Calculator

Sub/Assassination

Some people like putting the rest into assassination, but you leave out imp sprint and Endurance it all depends on what you prefer

Sub/Combat

Yay imp sprint please save me!

Combat/Assassination

The most popular build of course maces... woot

Assassination/combat

I loved mutilate especially paired with combat. imp DW and sprint help out a lot. Please don't use cold blood on a damn eviscerate... Also make sure your target is poisoned before you start your dps shiv ftw amirite

Assassination/Sub

Some people like going ass sub, but I never cared for it. I like having that imp sprint to much along with DW in the combat tree. Although having imp sap and initiative was nice

Paladin

Ah the paladin how I miss you btw holy pally or no pally :P

Holy

Ha ha ha it’s a paladin he bubbled MASS DISPEL MASS DISPEL OMFG WHERE THE PRIESTS UGH NOW WE START OVER!

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Paladin -> Talent Calculator

Ret

Hey give it up for ret right, those guys can hurt ya if they got the gear haven't played ret since the buff, but damn I would sure spec it now

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Paladin -> Talent Calculator

Priest

Hey you heal me plz! Uh oh, can I get a rez now?

Disc/Holy

I loved this as a priest

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Priest -> Talent Calculator

Shadow

The life of a face melter woot

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Priest -> Talent Calculator

Warlock

Nerf locks right? Any ways make sure you have that felhunter out or you're just a nerfed mage Also don't forget to take your counter off of auto cast and use it when you want to make a caster pissed at ya lol this spec in my opinion is the safest spec to go for pvp you could do afflic ordestro but i'm more of a lol dot dot dot drain guy ez mode right?

Sl/Sl

The popular sl/sl don't want to be squishy right?

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warlock -> Talent Calculator

Hunter

Hey i'll let my pet kill you really, BM has to be hands down the best PVP spec ever i mean immune to fear stun cmon epic right? and when your a class that can fear/stun it seems like forever

Beast Master

Oh yea my pet did kill you

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Hunter -> Talent Calculator

Marks

MM you can piss off casters but watch out for the warriors

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Hunter -> Talent Calculator

Druid

Ah the most annoying class in the game they can get away so easy but l2 catch them right? Imo a resto druid or no druid

Resto

Best pvp healer in the game. Imp bash for stoping heals feral charge for stopping heals and to get away from someone now thats annoying right? :P Don't forget about Nature's Grasp.. now thats annoying to rofl and look HE GOT AWAY WTF?! :P

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Druid -> Talent Calculator

Feral

OMG get this cat off of me so I can heal

Balance

MOONKIN GO! gotta love doing the moonfire spams

Macros

I decided to put some macros in. I have some for a mage and warrior that I use. Only use them on these two characters haven't found any good ones for the others.

Mage

Spamable Arcane Missiles

#showtooltip arcane missiles
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Missiles

Cancel Ice block

/cancelaura Ice Block

Fast Counter Spell

#showtooltip Counterspell
    /stopcasting
    /cast Counterspell

I replace frostbolt on my bar and put this in place

#showtooltip Frostbolt
    /petattack
    /cast Frostbolt

Fast Iceblock

#showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast Ice Block

Pet

I use this to summon pet and freeze really helpful because sometimes the petbar bugs out and doesn't show up

/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
    /click [pet] PetActionButton5

Warrior

Intervine use this to get away while you have the flag or get to a healer that needs it and then disarm

/cast [nostance: 2] Defensive Stance; [help] Intervene; [target=targettarget, help] Intervene

Charge/Intercept This will charge out of combat and put you into berserker if you are in combat make sure you put this in the same spot on battle and berserker stance that way you push the button twice and there you are smashing someones face don't forget to hamstring right after you do it, so many warriors never do this when i'm on my mage then after that they = dead :P also this macro if you hit it again out of combat u will switch back to battle when i pvp i love staying in berserker those damn rogues eh got to love breaking sap

/cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,nostance:3] Berserker Stance; [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [combat,stance:3] Intercept

Thanks for reading hope this helped out some of you guys.
    Last edited by bigrich06; 01-27-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added macros

PVP Specs BG or Arena
    daemonic666's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also a viable affliction warlock spec with Unstable affliction that really beats pallys and other combos...like 45/5/11

Seal your dots with Unstable affliction and shadowburn like a madman!

houstonguy's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schenene's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen that you've gone into further details concerning the arcane tree in the frost mage specc.

I don't rly find the arcane tree to be of most importance here, as long as you reach imp CS which is one of their best talents.

I've played frostmage for years now and I've always been one of the best on my realm. A lot of ppl concider winters chill to be a pve talent but it certainly isn't. I would advise all mages to have points in it. The awesome thing about it is that is prevents ppl from removing polymorph instantly. If you have 5 debuffs on your target you don't only get 10% more crit, healers also might have to dispel 6 times to remove it.

Emp frostbolts are also extremely overrated since that's not where our main nukeage lies. It's in ice lance. I prefer and advise ppl to switch those points to get permafrost, winters chill, arctic winds and ice floes. Atm I'm playing with this specc

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Hope this helped

kennau's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what should i do on live server

i have a 70 rogue pvp should i get him ful epic or get another charater to 70 (mage or a warlock)

bigrich06's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Schenene View Post
    I've seen that you've gone into further details concerning the arcane tree in the frost mage specc.

I don't rly find the arcane tree to be of most importance here, as long as you reach imp CS which is one of their best talents.

I've played frostmage for years now and I've always been one of the best on my realm. A lot of ppl concider winters chill to be a pve talent but it certainly isn't. I would advise all mages to have points in it. The awesome thing about it is that is prevents ppl from removing polymorph instantly. If you have 5 debuffs on your target you don't only get 10% more crit, healers also might have to dispel 6 times to remove it.

Emp frostbolts are also extremely overrated since that's not where our main nukeage lies. It's in ice lance. I prefer and advise ppl to switch those points to get permafrost, winters chill, arctic winds and ice floes. Atm I'm playing with this specc

Hope this helped
    hey man, i think i'd take up arcane subtlety and arcane focus someone resisting a counterspell can hurt really bad, also i would go ahead and put 3 into imp arc explosion no where else really to put it but i guess 3 points in that tier really doesn't matter. and i agree with you on the burst damage but in 2.4 they are buffing the frost/fire warding spells so i would spec something like this even now too

kennau it all depends on your play style.
    Last edited by bigrich06; 02-12-2008 at 03:21 AM. Reason: added talent link

MaxMystery's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paladin

For Holy Spec Arena Healing
    i would say drop the improved wisdom, You need Imp conc. if you get spell locked for 8 seconds GG

41/20/0