0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Changeing Character sounds

Havent seen this around so thought id write my first guide (Beware of the wall of text, it shall have the bunnys fly)
    Needed programs-
    Mywarcraftstudio
    Xnview (unless you want to rename manually..)
    In this im going to change the Female night elf sounds to Female human.

Start out by Loading up MWS and open Worldofwarcraft\data\enGB\Speech.mpq
    Extract the human Folder thats marked.

Delte the male parts in the folder, you're not gonna need them, rename the folders Nighelf where it says Human, an example would be HumanVocalFemale -> NightElfVocalFemale

Start up XnView and go to the female folder Marks all the items in there, right click and press rename
    in the middle of the screen, where you can read replace and i typed in Human in the upper line and NightElf in second line you type the same (changes from race to race ofcourse) Remember to set it on Case sensitive just to be sure

Now do the same with the rest of the files in the other folders

Start up MWS again, Extract some random mpq to get a Blp file. Put the file in the Sound folder You are going to make just after this then Press Pack - Create MPQ archive Name it something like.. Patch-s.mpq
    Then make a new Folder named Sound and put a folder named Character in that, put your NightElf folder in that

Back to MWS you click import folder, go into the sound folder, and press the blp file you copied earlier or something else you copied to that folder

Press ok, press the + and delete the random file you put in the sound folder Press pack -> Save and close archive

Put the mpq in your data folder like the normal mpq edits
    and youre done

Bare with me, this is my first guide so any good pointers would be nice and all

[Guide] Changeing Character sounds
    Noodel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should probably add to your guide how to also change over the combat sounds of all races.

It's basically the same process as here, but in another MPQ file.

In Common.MPQ under 'Sound' -> 'Character' (stop here for Blood Elf and Draenei sounds) -> 'PlayerExertions'

Here you'll see a collection of folders named under each Race and Gender with the suffix 'Final' for example 'GnomeMaleFinal'
    These files house the current combat sounds used by the game, like wound and attack sounds, since there's no actualy dialogue in them, they're not in the language based MPQs.

Regardless, following the same directions under the OP you can also set your new race to use the associated combat sounds with that race.

Or for that matter, make your Male Gnome sound like a Female Orc.
    Comedy value for the whole family