Masked Armory Gets Revamped | Anonymous WoW World of Warcraft Armory Profiles menu

These ads disappear when you log in.

KHAccounts's Avatar Member CoreCoins User Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)

Masked Armory Gets Revamped | Anonymous WoW World of Warcraft Armory Profiles

Hello everyone.

I started Masked Armory back in 2007 when the solutions that were out at that time were very slow and didn't get a very good picture of the character/account you were trying to sell (WoWArmory.com and Armoryx come to mind). Fast-forward 11 years later and Masked Armory has gone through many revisions to make sure that the application is as blazing fast as possible.

The new Masked Armory that you will find at Anonymous WoW World of Warcraft Armory Profiles | Masked Armory has been rewritten from the ground up using NodeJS on the backend and React on the frontend. I personally have hand-coded all of this and am really proud of the speed of everything.

Highlights:

- Site is now 100% responsive and has mobile tooltip popups for all of the character items.
    - Items will show the proper enchants, gems, azerite traits and ilvl on the tooltip hover.
    - Focused on the Feats of Strength and Legacy achievements on the 'Achievements' pane.
    - Overall speed of the site -- should take 2-3 seconds to create and completely render out the new armory. Loading an existing armory should take under 1 second.

Future Enhancements:

- Adding Progress tab that will track raid progress and RBG / Arena ratings.
    - Moving the entire application to be SSR (server-side rendered).
    - Adding search for titles, mounts, and pets.
    - Create an image proxy for all images (character background image, mounts, pets) to help with rendering time.

Known Bugs:

None

Recommendations / Report A Bug?

If you have any recommendations or need to report a bug, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank you all for your support of Masked Armory!

- Shane aka KHA
    Last edited by KHAccounts; 1 Week Ago at 02:25 PM.

These ads disappear when you log in.

2. Thanks bezerker08 (1 members gave Thanks to KHAccounts for this useful post)
    ev0's Avatar Moderator Press "1" for Help
    CoreCoins User Premium Seller Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    259/336
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    You guys are still rendering the background image from wow's armory API, this contains the characterID in the URL, which is trackable. I recommend creating a proxy for that image.

Wait, and the freaking json you load the profile from HAS THE CHARACTER NAME IN THE JSON

Code:
    https://ma-api.maskedarmory.com/v1/profile/####
    Last edited by ev0; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:13 PM.
    - Professional PHP/MySQL Developer -

4. Thanks jimmys96 (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by ev0 View Post
    You guys are still rendering the background image from wow's armory API, this contains the characterID in the URL, which is trackable. I recommend creating a proxy for that image.

Wait, and the freaking json you load the profile from HAS THE CHARACTER NAME IN THE JSON

Code:
    https://ma-api.maskedarmory.com/v1/profile/####
    Thank you for looking at that. I addressed the character name / server name issue. There was some object manipulation that was not happening properly, so that it is why that got missed in production.

As for the profile image, I am looking to pull all of the images for the avatars, mounts, and pets server-side and then give them random identifiers to make things snappier and more secure. Should have that addressed within the next week or so.

6. Thanks bezerker08 (1 members gave Thanks to KHAccounts for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Removed comment.
    Last edited by KHAccounts; 1 Week Ago at 02:42 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mobile item tooltips are now working (has been tested on all mobile browsers)! All you have to do is simply tap the item on the armory and you will get the tooltip popup.

Please let me know if you run into any issues with this!

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Masked Armory has been updated for Patch 7.1! Please let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks G/R
    259/336
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Originally Posted by KHAccounts View Post
    Masked Armory has been updated for Patch 7.1! Please let me know if there are any issues.

7.1 was Legion, you mean 8.1?

Thanks G/R
    259/336
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    I'm still concerned that you have the characterID in the source, in multiple places. The user thumbnail has the characterID, which is easily referenced if blizzard took 5 seconds to reference it to their tables. If you want to be a be a true "masked" armory, you have to take every single element of a persons character into consideration. Using your site to host a character for sale will result in an easily detected sale once the IPs/Emails change.