0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create Custom Instances

Ok, someone had asked for a tut on making custom instances so hang in with me, this is my first tut.

Ill brake it down to be easier
    1. Intro
    2. picking local.
    3. mobs
    4. items
    5. finishing up

1. Intro
    Well here it is, my first tut, so here it goes. The custom instance should (IMO) Should have a story behind it. But it dusnt need one, it just makes it cooler, and it also helps set the scene for the rest of the instance. For the sake of the tut i will make this theme to go with the zone im making mine in. I will explain more later, but this is (IMO, again) the easiest theme. A Jail (not unlike stockades) but for the high criminals hereticks, traitors, and abominations too powerfull to let stay within azeroth.

2. Picking you Location
    You are going to need to pick a local, re-build a current instance or create a full one. For the sake of making this easier we will just use a existing instance, when i get the time i will expand on making from scratch as well. I already told you my theme, but where is it gunna be... You know that island in SW with the guards bein all guardy over it? That my friend is an anstance we can use, and its completely empty to my knowledge. This is a good thing and a bad thing, Good side -> Empty, no need for prepping it Bad side -> Gunna need to full create your own mobs, but watevs right?? Any local would do, this is alot harder for blizzlike servers though who need all their instances so people can level 'nd stuff... Back on track. Find an instance almost noone runs, (obviously noone is running the SW jail on your servar, gate much?)

Here are my recomendations
    1. SW-jail
    2. Aq Ruins//\\temple (or watevr)
    3. DM (this is prty big and has multiple wings, for you people who wanna go all out)
    4. Naxxramas (the AFG guys picked this one, so why not you. . . i geuss :P )

2.2 Preparing your instance
    Go into your chosen instance and now REMOVE every single sollitary mob, EVERY one. You will add your custom ones, just macro ".npc delete" or watever. Find a map of the instance you chose and print//save it so you can mark where u want the bosses, you dont wanna forget and ruin a perfectly good plan now do you?

3. Mobs
    Well time to get started, on the nitty gritty. Im sorry but my MySQL is bein kinda retarded so i cant check the current collumns and stuff for the DB's so im sorry i cant help you there. But if someone would be so kind as to send a pm with them i can help out moar . Or you can just use someone elses :P

Well first go back to your theme/story, this is the first time it comes into play really. Our's is a jail of the worst kind filled with the most powerfull and ambitious enemies of mankind (by mankind i mean everyone, i mean, azerothian kind dusnt sound to cool. and waht 'bout kalimdor :P )

I start first with the trash mobs, the usual is a few types of melee and 1 or 2 caster types. I will alter mine to suit the occupant-boss of that sector, it wouldnt make to much sense to have a gnome boss surrounded by dino-lackeys would it, unless hes the Dino-gnome-king Doobius!!!

anyway, so if the boss of that sector is a necromancer put undead and abominations. If your boss is an orc warlord who slaughterd thousands indiscriminantly use orcs, or other blood thristy humanoids.

You get the idea i think

i would start with your npc ID's at 700700 for the first then 700701 for the next, i would check the final npc code and add 0's to the end if needed. Make sure your boss has a good hp//dmg ratio, also if you think its alot of hp, look at hp for illidan, make his max hp your first bosses max and then go higher with everyone else. give the trash mobs like 25-50k hp. Remember again, dont make your bosses friggin unbeatable, thats no fun to try and beat a boss with 10000-mill hp and that crits for like 40k, no fun at all. Also, casters wont have alot of hp, but they will have alot of mana, when i say alot of mana, i mean ALOT. But becuz he has low(er) hp he has alot more power-full attacks, so make sure his spells are powerfull enough before you make the instance open to the server.

4. Items

Here is the reason anyone would be running your instance, the items, teh lewtzorx. The mere mention of you instances "phat lewt" makes the people scream "OMFG GIEF TEH EPIX!!!" But little do they know it wont be easy will it, (Or i hope you wont make it to easy )

So just remember the lewt must fit the boss, a spellcaster boss wouldn't be dropping a gun and a a massive 2h-mace would he, just remem that, Same as mobs i wont go into the whole creation process ryt here ryt now. So just use wow-v or an item creator. (PS, if you use Wow-v you might need to make a quick edit to fix the "name" column to "Name1", or atleast we have to for my servar...) and dont make them too over-powerd, it ruins it when u can 1-hit rag and 2-hit illidan

INSERT INTO items (entry, class, subclass, field4, name1, name2, name3, name4, displayid, quality, flags, buyprice, sellprice, inventorytype, allowableclass, allowablerace, itemlevel, requiredlevel, RequiredSkill, RequiredSkillRank, RequiredSkillSubRank, RequiredPlayerRank1, RequiredPlayerRank2, RequiredFaction, RequiredFactionStanding, `Unique`, maxcount, ContainerSlots, stat_type1, stat_value1, stat_type2, stat_value2, stat_type3, stat_value3, stat_type4, stat_value4, stat_type5, stat_value5, stat_type6, stat_value6, stat_type7, stat_value7, stat_type8, stat_value8, stat_type9, stat_value9, stat_type10, stat_value10, dmg_min1, dmg_max1, dmg_type1, dmg_min2, dmg_max2, dmg_type2, dmg_min3, dmg_max3, dmg_type3, dmg_min4, dmg_max4, dmg_type4, dmg_min5, dmg_max5, dmg_type5, armor, holy_res, fire_res, nature_res, frost_res, shadow_res, arcane_res, delay, ammo_type, `range`, spellid_1, spelltrigger_1, spellcharges_1, spellcooldown_1, spellcategory_1, spellcategorycooldown_1, spellid_2, spelltrigger_2, spellcharges_2, spellcooldown_2, spellcategory_2, spellcategorycooldown_2, spellid_3, spelltrigger_3, spellcharges_3, spellcooldown_3, spellcategory_3, spellcategorycooldown_3, spellid_4, spelltrigger_4, spellcharges_4, spellcooldown_4, spellcategory_4, spellcategorycooldown_4, spellid_5, spelltrigger_5, spellcharges_5, spellcooldown_5, spellcategory_5, spellcategorycooldown_5, bonding, description, page_id, page_language, page_material, quest_id, lock_id, lock_material, sheathID, randomprop, unk203_1, block, itemset, MaxDurability, ZoneNameID, mapid, bagfamily, TotemCategory, socket_color_1, unk201_3, socket_color_2, unk201_5, socket_color_3, unk201_7, socket_bonus, GemProperties, ItemExtendedCost, ReqDisenchantSkill, unk2)
    VALUES (500532,2,8,-1,"The Raging Pain of Vindictus","The Raging Pain of Vindictus","The Raging Pain of Vindictus","The Raging Pain of Vindictus",32603,6,0,1111111,110101,17,-1,-1,75,70,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0,4,450,3,450,5,450,6,45 0,7,450,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,500,1000,0,500,500,2,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,105,105,105,105,105,105,1000,0, 0,17713,1,0,0,0,0,34696,2,0,0,0,0,34696,2,0,0,0,0, 17713,1,0,0,0,0,18060,1,0,0,0,0,0,"Can you stand before the awsome might??",0,0,0,0,0,1,2,0,0,0,0,9000,0,0,0,0,1,0,1, 0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0);

That is an example of an item, be warned, this item has 1,250 dps and will make anyone who wields it basically a god. . Not unbeatable but they would be prty powerfull

Go into the "Creatures_loot_table" or watever and find your mobs, now you are just gunna add a loot row for each one, the ID of the item and percentage of it dropping. Then you will have your instance basically finished

5. Finishing up
    If you did end up going with the SW one then i suggest that you remove the 2 guards watching the gate and also the gate it-self ( .targetgo , .remove go or sumthin liek that) Then add a teleporter to that spot outside of it, i would say create another fence or sumthin around entrance so the horde cant rampage threw SW using the portal to get there tho. . . . watever, do whatever you want, cus no its done. If anyone needs another tut or even thinks, "Hey, this tut suxx" then say so and tell me how to make it better please. Now have a godo night
    Last edited by wowcomputer; 12-25-2007 at 07:36 PM.

How to create Custom Instances
    James838's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would be glad to have you on the heavenly wow staff.

Lag free. 99% uptime. [No joke] Hamachi. Custom T7-10 And custom malls and items as well as mobs. And we update our stuff everyday with newer and better databases and repacks so we stay upto date. we also never DC/. We are one of teh enwer servers.

James838's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your intrested visit Silent Resurgence | The New WoW Private Server. to chek us out.

bombhell's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i would + rep you but apperintly i just did on another post =/ This is great though i luve it

diabolicelf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, good guide. But I hoped for a "New" Instance

Wheeze201's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This tutorial is a total copy paste from chrispee's instance tut

King Shaun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have noticed.

:l

Le Froid's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wheeze201 View Post
    This tutorial is a total copy paste from chrispee's instance tut

Everything he posts is a copy - paste :\

Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i noticed the same thing. Every tut of Wowcomputer is a copy pasta :P

colincancer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummm... how do you save it, or does it save automatically?

Ebon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seroiusly, why did you copy Chrispee's Tutorial? It's kinda silly.

King Shaun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem I want to know is why the moderators are not banning him. He has done about 10 copied posts now, maybe MORE!

Its not good and he is just getting himself hated!

Threads of the Week: [Errage] [Blizzard] [Rapidshare]