Where to start earning? menu

These ads disappear when you log in.

shevrock's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)

Where to start earning?

I'm looking to get into making money from gaming by gold selling or boosting, but I don't really know which game or games to start with. Let me preface this with I have tried to get a work from home job but no one will hire me and I can't work a "real" job because of my schizophrenia. I am good at gaming at would like to turn that skill into at least a bit of cash. I put my destiny 2 boosting service on fiverr, but I read that the fees really screw you over there. I don't really know much about owned core, I read the rules and stuff but the coins seem confusing.
    I digress, I play final fantasy 14, my cousin who wants to help plays WoW, I play destiny 2 a bit, and I have dabbled in runescape. What should I do to make some money? Also I am willing to learn a new game and I have a fairly decent pc.

These ads disappear when you log in.

ev0's Avatar Moderator Press "1" for Help
    CoreCoins User Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    270/340
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Take a few hours and learn how to program. Learn about basic webdesign, photoshop, video editing, etc. That's where the real money in a "stay at home" kind of world is

Boosting in games is really competitive and getting your first profitable customer can take more effort than it's worth. You always risk bans, and if one customer gets banned from your service it can cost your entire month's profit.

My best advice: Unless you can live off $200-300/mo in your country, and/or you don't already have tons of contacts in the gaming world for boosting, it may not be your cup of tea to drink.
    - Professional PHP/MySQL Developer -

3. Thanks shevrock (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    shevrock's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I can do a bit of video editing but I REALLY can't code. I can write like a pro though. I've written 4 novels and am trying to get them published. I just can't edit cause my grammar is kinda shit. Where would I sell video editing services? Also 200-300 sounds awesome. I get disability but my rent eats up almost all of it. What about gold selling to a company? I've asked a few but most say they aren't buying right now.

EDIT: I also have a vpn so bans aren't TOO much of a risk. I can connect from clients region and whatnot.

ev0's Avatar Moderator Press "1" for Help
    CoreCoins User Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    270/340
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Originally Posted by shevrock View Post
    EDIT: I also have a vpn so bans aren't TOO much of a risk. I can connect from clients region and whatnot.

VPNs don't matter. People get banned because someone else logged into their account. Happens very often, and games aren't afraid to ban over first time infractions.
    - Professional PHP/MySQL Developer -

6. Thanks bezerker08 (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    DrLecter's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I can write like a pro though. I've written 4 novels and am trying to get them published. I just can't edit cause my grammar is kinda shit.
    Look at UpWork for your writing skills. People like me hire blog posters to post blog articles because we can't write articles very well. Prices I pay is $50 for 1000 words.
    As for grammar, there are many, many ways to improve on that. Microsoft Word (can be pirated) will help you with that. A paid option is Grammarly.
    Also - no I'm not hiring any new blog posters, so this is a suggestion if you can write well to go on UpWork. UpWork isn't the only place, either.

MaryMoon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Well, I became a professional photographer. My last shooting was at Heisenberg Show this Sunday. It was cool! I mean I worked, earned money, evolved and, of course, was having fun!!!

Account Royalty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    China has taken over the virtual currency world and boosting is just too competitive to the point where its not even worth the time boosting.

Looking for an income through video games is very tough.

nawan537568's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Take a couple of hours and figure out how to program. Find out about fundamental webdesign, photoshop, video altering, and so on.

________________________________________________________________________________ __________________
    Source: https://www.showboxapk.biz/showbox-for-ios

carlvernon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I agree that it's better to learn some programs if you want to work from home. Programs like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are not so complicated. You can devote a few hours every day to learn some features of these programs. But with them you can get customers and earn good money. I myself work from home. However, I work as a freelance writer for Canadian Edubirdie where I write different articles. I was always good at writing so it was pretty simple for me to start this job. I'm not sure that you can earn some money while playing games because it's pretty hard to manage. You can also learn Java, CSS or HTML. With such skills, you will find job opportunities very fast.
    Last edited by carlvernon; 01-29-2019 at 11:21 AM.

MorrisLeen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I can say that I tried many different things in my life when I tried to earn money. Making money on farm and game gold is a very difficult and ungrateful business. It takes a lot of time. For Photoshop talent is needed (albeit small) and also the time to learn tricks. If you like games, start streaming. Don't expect any return the first time. You can immediately get a white label banking e-wallet for donations. This is a real topic. Just make an effort.

segenas's Avatar Member CoreCoins User
    Thanks G/R
    6/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    I'm looking to get into making money from gaming by gold selling or boosting, but I don't really know which game or games to start with. Let me preface this with I have tried to get a work from home job but no one will hire me and I can't work a "real" job because of my schizophrenia. I am good at gaming at would like to turn that skill into at least a bit of cash. I put my destiny 2 boosting service on fiverr, but I read that the fees really screw you over there. I don't really know much about owned core, I read the rules and stuff but the coins seem confusing.
    I digress, I play final fantasy 14, my cousin who wants to help plays WoW, I play destiny 2 a bit, and I have dabbled in runescape. What should I do to make some money? Also I am willing to learn a new game and I have a fairly decent pc.
    You have to follow some business basics to make money from boosting. These are:

1. You need huge margins and a wide range of services to increase volume of gigs - how is that achieved?

You achieve this by knowing people personally who can carry out these services very cheaply, who are also able to deliver the most expensive gigs such as top ranking boosting. In MMOs such as WoW is probably easier to do this by creating guilds or by partnering with guilds if you can offer them very strong marketing such as a website and ppc/display ads, I guess you don't have the budget or skills to offer them something in order to work for you so creating your own guilds is your only way. In other games I suppose you have to network in real life or have good contacts by being a great gamer yourself. This is called importing skills.... you import services that allow you to create a great margin, just like any other ecommerce model, this is extremely important. You shouldn't expect to build a margin by outsourcing to other boosters or recruiting through forums who already are aware about the prices.

2. If your marketing is weaker then you need to account for less clients

If you don't have an awesome website with a great ad manager and you solely promote through forums then your competition will be very high and you should expect less clients. How do you combat this? you have to maximize the number of your services and ads in order to get as many gigs as possible, have very professional; templates/titles and most importantly offering expensive gigs. If you are going to get one customer per month then you need to bing hard on that gig, that's why having a great margin is very important and offering very expensive gigs.

3. Consider working with resellers

Well when you don't have the power to market powerfully your services due to lack of budget and skills then you can use someone who can do this and work for him by offering something that he needs. You can search boosting websites who are recruiting boosters or other type of jobs and work for them. This is no different than going to work at mcdonalds, they are still brands who pay. It may allow you to learn the business from within too. You can mix it with your forum efforts and get more clients. Adding as much quantity as possible from free sources is important when starting out in business. I want to add that a mcdonalds job is not outsourcable, while a boosting job for a site can still be outsourced or be carried very easily although the cut on the markup will be too much.

Overall, gaming boosting is not a bad niche but it takes specific skills just like any other niche and the hardest ones are importing ones mostly because spending time for money in this business is not something that you want to do compared to other professions. It can work but it won't worth much and it's not scalable. No matter what you do, you won't find an easy way to make money online so making use of the niche that you know is mandatory.

Originally Posted by ev0 View Post
    Take a few hours and learn how to program. Learn about basic webdesign, photoshop, video editing, etc. That's where the real money in a "stay at home" kind of world is

Boosting in games is really competitive and getting your first profitable customer can take more effort than it's worth. You always risk bans, and if one customer gets banned from your service it can cost your entire month's profit.

My best advice: Unless you can live off $200-300/mo in your country, and/or you don't already have tons of contacts in the gaming world for boosting, it may not be your cup of tea to drink.
    He can offer the above services on gaming boosting niche too. He can create websites for boosting brands or design sales pages/ads. You still need to have niche knowledge for the above services and boosting is not a bad candidate, of course you may find better niche out there. It's not like that the above services are easier to market but they allow you to spend your time for money more efficiently so you don't have to import the service in order to scale to a decent income. You can avoid the illegal risks too. Time is always easier to spend but he will still have to work hard to get his first clients and grow his business.

I want to add that working as support/closer might be good too.

Originally Posted by MorrisLeen View Post
    I can say that I tried many different things in my life when I tried to earn money. Making money on farm and game gold is a very difficult and ungrateful business. It takes a lot of time. For Photoshop talent is needed (albeit small) and also the time to learn tricks. If you like games, start streaming. Don't expect any return the first time. You can immediately get a white label banking e-wallet for donations. This is a real topic. Just make an effort.
    I disagree. While boosting has its risks and gathering contacts is hard, it's still a solid business where you sell a service and make money, it will take time and effort to get the clients but you will make money if you are patient and persistent, this is the most solid type of business online aka selling a service (practical value). Streaming on the other hand is selling content where the value is being created from your talent/engagement and the number of followers that is required is very large to succeed on the platform. This is very unsafe and doesn't guarantee success, you can't succeed just by working hard and be commited, especially streaming is the hardest type of content to sell because you need great credentials, fame and skill. Succeeding as a streamer is not different than succeeding as a pro-gamer, in fact one leads to the another. It's on the 1% range and it will also take very long to happen. Yes the amount of money you can get is very large for an individual but lottery can make you a lot of money too. Just for the record even some of the best gamers fail as streamers. Just stay away from streaming, blogging, affiliate marketing and so on... when it comes to content, Youtube or Instagram are probably the lesser evils but even then you might fail miserably. Engagement is not a good thing to sell because it's impossible to measure the value of the product that you give, it may look good to you but terrible to others, you may lack the talent etc.

Just keep it simple when making money online, sell a service or a good that has an undeniable value and you have a lot of knowledge about it too. Focus on easy, cheap & niche platforms at the beginning, be persistent and grow from there to add more expensive stuff. When looking for a job online, pitching on ecommerce/saas/business sites on your niche is better too than pitching to content platforms because the majority of those who make money online, do so with selling services/products (mostly services). A very small amount of people succeed with content online.
    Last edited by segenas; 5 Days Ago at 06:25 PM.

ApexBoosting's Avatar Member Based in the USA CoreCoins User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    When i was doing boosting i was clearing 90-100 USD per day selling hand-leveled and geared bundles. Id juggle two accounts leveling and gearing on what ever isle or island the patch wants you on while streaming and keeping customers satisfied with the progress. Before that i was leveling 5 fresh accounts at a time ( Raf ) gearing them for botting and selling the bundles to farmers and players alike. Before that i'd resell raid and boosting slots for a top US raiding guild while botting leveling. In between all that i'd sell 2v1 arena (conquest) caps as a hunter. All this was on WoW from around MoP to Legion. After its all said and done its a lot of stress and time banking your bills on customers from various forums.

Find an up and coming industry in your area and get involved on the ground level, see how people are navigating through said industry and set your sights on something achievable. If you can figure out how to make 20 bucks on a video game you can navigate your way in any industry to get an equal or greater paying job.

[Edit]

I overlooked the mental health aspect of your post, im not sure how bad it is for you but if you can keep up business relations you can do any low level job imo....thats my ignorant two cents
    Last edited by ApexBoosting; 1 Day Ago at 09:06 PM.