4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Requesting an Anti-AFK plugin for PoEHUD

I watch a lot of anime/netflix and such and I often leave PoE on my other monitor as I watch to keep an eye out for sales that I might make. The PoE trading/listing websites displays if a user is AFK, which can harm the potential that someone bothers to whisper you about your items.

Having a plugin that would prevent you from going AFK somehow would be great as I wouldn't have to constantly tab over and manually move my character to prevent AFK status while I'm watching a show!

Requesting an Anti-AFK plugin for PoEHUD
    _tinky's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is 2 ways of doing that:
    1. Open the public party tab (press S - public parties). I guess it refreshes afk tmer every time it tries to update it.
    2. Switch weapon set every 2-3min (press X) - this can even be done with ahk script.

Crushthebug's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by _tinky View Post
    There is 2 ways of doing that:
    1. Open the public party tab (press S - public parties). I guess it refreshes afk tmer every time it tries to update it.
    2. Switch weapon set every 2-3min (press X) - this can even be done with ahk script.
    The 1st option would be great but sadly this doesn't work. The 2nd option doesn't exactly work either, even though I know exactly how to write an AHK script that does it, because I need to be tabbed into PoE to weapon swap to begin with.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Crushthebug View Post
    The 1st option would be great but sadly this doesn't work. The 2nd option doesn't exactly work either, even though I know exactly how to write an AHK script that does it, because I need to be tabbed into PoE to weapon swap to begin with.
    PoEHUD doesn't include anything special for input handling. PoE uses its own input handler, which makes sending background inputs difficult. To my knowledge, the only public thing that is able to send background inputs are the bots. Maybe you could look into using one of those instead?

_tinky's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Crushthebug View Post
    You can try to send WM_CHAR or WM_KEYDOWN to specific window, but some drect3d apps are using directinput, that ignores those messages. Give it a try, might work for PoE.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by _tinky View Post
    You can try to send WM_CHAR or WM_KEYDOWN to specific window, but some drect3d apps are using directinput, that ignores those messages. Give it a try, might work for PoE.
    PoE will receive the message but when I messed around with it, it seemed to be unreliable.

When I was messing with AHK, ControlSend[Raw] seemed to give me the best results iirc.