Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mangos on a mac! (old guide, but should still work)

Right, let me first say that I posted this a long time ago on this board, and it got deleted when the forums got cleaned. This is an old guide, only compitabel with mangos 2.0.12 (yeah sucks I know). Anyway, I wrote this along time ago as I said, and I'm not 100% sure if this will work on leopard. You might wanna get a newer version of MySQL if there is one. in the guide my opt folder is attached, to save you from all the boring terminal cryptic typing hacking whatever-you-wanna-call-it shit. Copy and paste from my last post. (had it saved as a document on my HD^^) Do NOT post this on any other forum without my permission.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if everyone knew this but MaNGOS CAN be compiled for mac. However at the moment only for 2.0.12. The past days I have been trying to get this to work, and yesterday I got it! So to save you from doing all the waiting and downloading and typing I did while compiling it, I've made it a pack. This pack consists of my /opt folder, including working dbc files and map files. Below I will post a little guide on how to set up mangos.

Note: THIS IS INTEL ONLY!

I suggest you go and do step 3-4 first, to the point where you execute the mangos.sql file. cause it will take shitloads of time

First download my /opt folder here, consisting of mangos and scriptdev2 as well as CORRECTLY placed maps and dbcs. so don't move anything inside mangos or sc scriptdev2 folder MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Now, open up Macintosh HD and look for your "opt" folder there, if its not there don't despair, cause its invisible in the first place. If you can't see it then open up a new terminal session, and type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles Yes Then force quit finder by opening the force quit menu. (apple+alt+esc) Then choose finder and click restart, don't worry nothing will shut down, finder will merely blink a second and you should be able to see alot of files you (maybe) didn't know you had

Anyway, you should now see your opt folder, open it and it SHOULD be empty. If its not empty check if its anything you've put there or your computer has put there. If its not you then I would double check what it is first. Now open the /opt folder you downloaded earlier and place the two folders (mangos and scriptdev2) in YOUR opt folder. *note* type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles No in terminal again, force quit finder and invisible folders are invisible again. (I recommend you do this)

You will need an SQL server for this, I would go this one: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql...tml#macosx-dmg the package format ones, take the Mac OS X 10.4 (x86) one. (NOT the power pc ones)
    Right... *digs for mysql readme* Well first install it, and open up the readme while your at it. There lookaround for the thing that tells you how to START the server, and the startup option. (close to the bottom if I'm right) Start your server, and now type /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root password myownpassword in terminal. Edit the bold text to your password, I suggest using root for simpliness later ( I don't think thats a word lol ) Alright, your SQL is now running and if you started the startup item too it should always be running^^.

Now comes the booooring part. First u need a database, I used project silvermoon rev 9, that can be gotten here: [url=http://projectsilvermoon.net[/url] Once you got that you need navicat: Navicat - the World's Best MySQL Front End for Windows, Linux & Mac OS X download the mac version ofcourse .
    Once navicat is installed open it up and create a new connection, name it whatever you want. Do localhost in address, root as username (unless you changed it) and the password you created earlier. Now create 2 new databases, (right click ftw ) one named "mangos" and one named "realmd". No quotes on any of them. Right click on your mangos database and select "execute batch file" find your mangos.sql file and execute. T his takes A LONG time. Once this is done (or you can do this while mangos is executing actually) right click on your realmd database and select execute batch file. Now this is a little trickier. I had this problem yesterday and I found the only solution to use the realmd.sql file in the opt folder. /opt/mangos/sql/realmd.sql IF THIS DOESN'T WORK AND YOU GET ERRORS WITH CREATING ACCOUNTS TELL ME. look in the "realmlist" table under realmd database in mangos, here you can change the server IP, for local let it stay at 127.0.0.1 For LAN or WAN check another guide This was it for navicat.

Now we are gonna edit mangosd.conf and realmd.conf so open up a terminal session. Type sudo pico /opt/mangos/etc/mangosd.conf
    and you will be prompted for your admin password no your computer. enter it and this will appear:

use your arrow keys to scroll down, till you see this:
    LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;root;realmd"
    WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;root;mangos"

change it to:
    LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;MYUSERNAME;MYPASSWORD;realmd"
    WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;MYUSERNAME;MYPASSWRD;mangos"

Your username is what u decided when you started SQL, if you followed this guide its "root" (without quotes). (Its also the same as what you used in navicat)

Okey, press ctrl+o, then enter to save. Then press control+x to exit.
    next type
    sudo pico /opt/mangos/etc/realmd.conf

close to the top you should see;
    LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;root;realmd"

change to;
    LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;MYUSERNAME;MYPASS;realmd"
    same as last time. control+o then enter to save, and ctrl+x to exit.

Final step. Open up navicat, under realmd open accounts. You should see a few accounts, including "administrator". Password and username for this account is simply "administrator" You can change the value in the "tbc" column to 1 if you wish, to enable it for burning crusade.
    Now all that remains is to start your server. Open up TWO NEW terminal sessions and copy and paste this into one of them: cd /opt/mangos/bin
    sudo nice -n 20 ./mangos-realmd if it worked it should say "added realm......" etc. if not please explain the error to me in detail. Now on the next do cd /opt/mangos/bin
    sudo nice -n 20 ./mangos-worldd
    if succesfull it should start loading alot of things, and when it stops for a second and says alot of stuff about zeppelins. its done. It will continue to ramble about zeppelins at a much slower speed but ignore it, your now done.

Congratulations! Your'e one of the few people who got a private wow server running on your mac!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said I have not tested this on leopard yet, and I will not provide support, for the simple reason that I don't remember much. This was done along time ago, and I copy/pasted this from my old guide which worked.

Leave feedback if you try it please

Have fun!

Mangos on a mac! (old guide, but should still work)
    Timilber's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well so far im mid way through step 3 and i cant get mySQL to install....im running on leaopard and downloaded mySQL version 5.0 then tried 5.1 niether worked. btw u had a broken link mySQL is MySQL AB :: MySQL 5.1 Downloads for download

kiefer157's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, i got to the VERY end and did the VERY last command and it did allot of stuff but then it says
    macos/FastLock.h:73: failed assertion `false'

whats wrong?

Edit-
    Whell, i fixed that, For some reason a character database hadn't been created in Navicat
    For those of you that had the same problem, just open Navicat, create a new database called "characters" without the quotes, go into "realmd" and copy the "realmcharacters" table, paste it into your characters database and rename it macos.

only problem now is that I have a corrupted .dbc file (that didn't come from here, i got angry that it didn't work so i went elsewhere they had a corrupted dbc file and I had to figure most of this out myself.) so anyway, can someone post a download for a "ItemExtendedCost.dbc"? please and thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kiefer157; 02-06-2008 at 01:34 AM.