0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TurboHUD 2.6.1 PTR is outdated for live server

I was able to use the 2.6.1 PTR version for the live server yesterday, but today THUD no longer works, and the bottom message says "Overlay is disabled because TurboHUD is outdated."

I even re-downloaded the PTR Beta release, and it doesn't seem to work anymore. Is anyone else getting this problem? Do we know when THUD is going to be officially udpated for 2.6.1?

Many thanks.

TurboHUD 2.6.1 PTR is outdated for live server
    Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please be patient, KJ is aware of this and is/will be working on an update. Please go to the Projected 2.6.1 Live Date thread for updates and refrain from making additional threads. Thanks.

ladderofchaos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this "be patient" is kinda lame ... I payed 10 euro for bsplayer years ago and i still get updates and the player is running fine and yet i donated 10 euro to killerjohn and every time a new patch hits we wait a week for update ...

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ladderofchaos View Post
    this "be patient" is kinda lame ... I payed 10 euro for bsplayer years ago and i still get updates and the player is running fine and yet i donated 10 euro to killerjohn and every time a new patch hits we wait a week for update ...
    bad bad bad guy, a donation not is a obligation. UNDERSTAND?

UN Owen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ladderofchaos View Post
    You have it all wrong.

1. You did not buy anything. You donated for a tool that is free from the beginning. Donations are a kind of reward for past work, and does not entitle anyone donating any kind of advantage nor means any contract is created between the donator and the one receiving the donation.
    2. BSPlayer and TurboHud have two completely different basis. The former relies on public APIs published in advance and have plenty of time to adjust functionnalities and fix bugs. TurboHud is a hack tool that needs to identify/reverse ingeneer the wokrings of the software it build upon for its proper function. Whenever a new version is published, some rework has to be done AFTER it is publicly available.
    3. KJ does this on his free time and puts some effort on the tool even if he is not playing the game anymore, unlike others who try to make this a living. Therefore even if the changes look minor to us all, there is always some incompressible amount of time needed to release a new working version when the basis of the tool are broken.
    4. You're a jerk.

6. Thanks Lagertha, Lurkerer, cherouvim13, Visuo, pagslol, fL0per (6 members gave Thanks to UN Owen for this useful post)
    Magu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its allways the same song, ppl never learn, TurboHud belongs to KJ and he can do as he pleases, we need to be smart enough to let him work and say thank you with every update. 10 euros dont pay shit to the amount of work he did all this years, come on.

8. Thanks cherouvim13, pagslol (2 members gave Thanks to Magu for this useful post)