Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arena Points and You (for the casual people)

I have seen a lot of people lately that think the more Arena matches you do, the more games you play, the more rating
    you have, the more points you get. Unfortunately that's not exactly how it is, and if you are someone who is out there
    and is trying to get some sort of Arena points income each week, but hardly have time to really PvP a lot then take a
    look on my hints and tips in this guide.

1. The Beginning

First of all you gotta think about how serious you will be going into it. If you wanna PvP a lot, devoting your time
    to the Arena then a 5v5 team would suit you the most. If you got the friends and time then a 5v5 team can work just
    fine with my guide. The 3v3 version is perfect for the trio-friends circle, some of us maybe have 3 friends that also
    play the game on the same realm, making a 3v3 team together won't be a bad choice. You get to have fun, PvP casually
    and still get some points in your pockets at the end of the week. The 2v2 variant is the most quick Arena point
    earning version, you just make a group and do 10 rounds then you are done. Not much sweat to shred but not much Arena
    points to gather either, so this is kinda for the absolute casual who don't wanna stress around but feel like their teammate
    is all he needs to own the other opponents quickly and swiftly once a week.

2. Team setup

There are a lot of setup ideas for Arena teams, let's say for a 5v5 team you can have 135 possible setups, 81 for a 3v3
    and 54 for a 2v2 team (<talent trees>*<classes>*<team members>). The best advice I can give is to find someone you work
    well with, build up the team coordination and learn to keep your heads cool and focused on what is going around.
    Interrupting heals, having cordinated damage bursts from several party members on a single target, crowd control and so
    on. Alternatively for 2v2 you could simply go for 2x of the same class, like Rogues or Druids to surprise the opposing
    team. 2x Rogues means 1 sapped and 1 ambushed, having the right spec you get a lot of advantages versus many setups,
    but yet again if you meet a paladin and a warrior you might reconsider that setup...

3. The Idea

As we all know, the Arena points are calculated trough a formula. This formula looks like this (officially published by Blizzard):

I am sure that you noticed that the only variables counted are rating. Also that the sum is reduced down to 76% (2v2)
    and 88% (3v3) for the smaller teams. That means that you and your friends can meet up in game 1 day each week, and do 10
    matches. That's the only thing required to get rated (also each player needs to have above 30% played activity but
    that's not a issue if you all PvP at the same time and don't PvP more apart from the date you guys agree to PvP on).
    If you manage at least to get a 50% 50% (wins loses) situation it's enough to keep the rating still on the spot.
    Of course if you manage to climb slowly up each week (having more wins than looses) that's good, but the big trap is
    that you do not have to play a lot and get 200 rounds if you loose over half of them, no matter how much you play it's
    your rating that counts. Also if you make 10 games, maybe do one more and see if you win or loose, maybe you could keep
    it up until you loose then stop. Temptation is a issue, and since this is a Arena guide for casual people you wouldn't
    need to do more than 10 rounds each week with the team to get rated.

4. I want more points!

The easiest way to do that is to go for a 5v5 team, and devote more time to the rounds. You can easily get more points
    with a casual 10 rounds a week team if you manage to win more than you loose. If you got plenty of time consider a more
    hardcore PvP team that you know will play many rounds and a leader that will make sure that his team goes up than down
    by replacing unnecessary team members).

5. That's it..

I can't think of more, this is the basics of how you can do Arena games even if you are casual, just get some pals or
    friends and do 10 games each week. That's enough to get some Arena points, at least try it out and see how it works out
    for you!

I am not a Arena expert, but I am doing this with my friends and it's working out pretty well. I hardly think of WoW in
    my regular day and still we manage to get some Arena points by the end of each week.

6. Resources

1) Official: World of Warcraft Europe -> The Arena
    2) Wowwiki: Arena PvP system - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
    3) Calculator: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Vladinator; 11-17-2007 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Formatting and grammar. Looks perfect now. <3

minifss's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Arena Points and You (for the casual people)

Wrote it yourself?

Nice guide!

iaretehfunny?'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent guide man, really cleared up some of my questions +rep

Zore.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xcelent guide keep up the good work

starscream666's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice, i'm new to pvp and that helps a lot.

issuesbunny's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your style.

I like this guide.

Alot.

Vladinator's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by minifss View Post
    Wrote it yourself?!
    Yeah I sat for some 30 minutes writing it in notepad, kinda wanted to get my message trough. Arena doesn't have to be a time consumption!

issuesbunny's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Yeah I sat for some 30 minutes writing it in notepad, kinda wanted to get my message trough. Arena doesn't have to be a time consumption!

Silly PvPers and their 1 hour a week play time epics. ;p