A handful of plug-in requests from a multiple rank 1 holder - push plug-ins! menu

User Tag List

PushIsLife's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A handful of plug-in requests from a multiple rank 1 holder - push plug-ins!

I've been jotting down some ideas I've had for plug-ins that could really people out when pushing and I hope that they are both possible, and that a passionate and able dev is willing to work with me on them! I would be more than happy to communicate in PMs or on teamspeak.

Feel free to pm and add me in-game if verifying these credentials is important to you.

Some of the things that would be awesome to have a plug-in for:

1) Spirit Walk timer - It would be really useful for the frequent stop and go movement of groups if we could see when the Witch Doctor's spirit walk is up and able to be used so that it can actually move when we want to. It's a small help but it would definitely be used. It would even be cool if we could have a timer on the actual up time of the spell itself so that we know when spirit walk is wearing off and the WD is liable to become stuck or be running in to danger.

2) Better/more nuanced graphical representations of sanc and oculus ranges. For example, make sanc be a three layered circle with green (the go-to 'healing' color) on the outer and inner rims, and white between the two. Same thing for oculus rings, but with purple in the middle? If you can get the rings to wrap around each other neatly with little or no space in between them. I think these colors and arrangements will stand out both in terms of uniqueness of color and an overall more distinct footprint. I would happily provide a mock-up of what I have in mind to anyone interested.

3) Boss Spell timers - It would be so amazing if we could have timers, whatever they work based off of, and however ultimately incomplete they would be for telling you /exactly/ when a boss would next cast a certain spell. If we at least knew the minimum cooldown for the important spells, like teleporting and jumping and charging etc, this would help out a ton with knowing when it's okay to be away from the rg without causing it to teleport etc. Meaning, when managing adds or going for a pylon, you can minimize the amount of risk for having a bad teleport happen. Or if you need to stop a boss, say, Crusader King from spawning adds by interrupting the cast, you can be better tuned in to when that is something to be watching out for. I would love to provide a list of the most crucial RG spells to have this kind of data on. This kind of data would be a god-send.

4) Wormhole timer and highlight - A simple timer that pops up when a Wormhole begins and counts down the time until it actualizes the teleport, so that we can try to avoid them, and or crowd zdps in to them so as to dilute the chance that the WD will be wormholed away! It would also be very useful if we could effectively highlight the wormhole radius, maybe with the styling suggested in the above sanc/oculus idea - only with orange, so that it's a very noticeable effect. If groups can actually begin to attempt to reliably play around wormholes in this way, this will be another huge boon to push success.

I have other ideas, some pretty powerful ones, and a clan full of top players to speak with in search of more.. but this is a pretty hefty list of dreams as it is, yeah? If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know. I'd especially love to provide feedback for where/how to display these things graphically, so as to be as clean and efficient as possible. I'm sorry if I sound like a demanding perfectionist, I'm just pretty passionate about the opportunity to incorporate things like this to really help everybody to push in a more dynamic and efficient manner, ultimately leading to higher clears for everybody! Would absolutely try to help provide new high clears for devs who want to provide these, if you want them!
    Last edited by PushIsLife; 03-31-2017 at 01:06 AM.

A handful of plug-in requests from a multiple rank 1 holder - push plug-ins!
    d3gigi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot me a message with your battletag. Let's have a talk.
    I won't give any support (or answer requests) via private messaging. Ask your questions about a plugin within its thread!

3. Thanks PushIsLife (1 members gave Thanks to d3gigi for this useful post)