is there a good video showcasing what this hud actually does? (new to diablo III) menu

User Tag List

SpaceGuy119's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a good video showcasing what this hud actually does? (new to diablo III)

is there a good video showcasing what this hud actually does? (new to diablo III)

Gurbak's Avatar Member Super Awesome Sparke Cake CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    6/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just download it and see for yourself

3. Thanks bobbydigital12 (1 members gave Thanks to Gurbak for this useful post)
    arcadefire's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    16/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just going to make a post on this but one of the most useful features of Turbohud is this.

You can tell whether the item is an ancient or primal ancient before you even identify it. Do you realize how awesome that is? This feature alone is worth the price of admission.

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SpaceGuy119 View Post
    I'll tell you right now.. if you're watching this video thinking "I can't really tell what TurboHUD is doing in that video"

You're going to need to play the game first.. play through a bunch then try the HUD :-)

arcadefire's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    16/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pretty old version of Turbohud. I think it's way better now.

Thanks G/R
    7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by arcadefire View Post
    That's a pretty old version of Turbohud. I think it's way better now.
    Why do you say that? What are 2 or 3 things that the hud does that's crucial. I'll give an example, I play Path of Exile and have used the HUD. Here are two things that I think make it amazing:

-Preload Alert: upon joining an instance, the hud will load and show all "valuable" items (chests/npc's to talk to that offer good stuff/etc) in the zone. This allows you to know if the instance is worth playing or to remake the instance.
    -Monsters on minima: a radius of about ~1.5 - 2 screens away, all monsters and monster type (through color coded dots) will appear on the minimap - pretty good.
    -Dangerous Monster Alerts: When within this 1.5 - 2 screen distance, any monsters that have dangerous (rippy or 1-shot mods) will be identified through a pop-up text, for example "Volatile!" (this means that there's a monster nearby that has "Volatile" property (a property that is similar to Diablo 2's Fire Enchanted Mobs - explodes on death)).

Anyway... thx!

Thanks G/R
    7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaladhjin View Post
    I'll tell you right now.. if you're watching this video thinking "I can't really tell what TurboHUD is doing in that video"

You're going to need to play the game first.. play through a bunch then try the HUD :-)

Wow. well, i cant recognize everything that's happening. I see cd timers on skills - meh. not too important. But I do notice the timers and aoe radius on those freezing orbs that rares drop. That alone is OP.

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah it's definitely an awesome utility..

I'd definitely use it if you plan to play D3

Another thing it's doing is showing values on things that normally don't have them
    Thirsty Shameless Beg: LFW on Retail WoW US. Any Boosting Groups Looking For A Leveler I'm Very Interested! Please PM Me! 🤘😁🤘

everknown's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    33/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SpaceGuy119 View Post
    Why do you say that? What are 2 or 3 things that the hud does that's crucial. I'll give an example, I play Path of Exile and have used the HUD. Here are two things that I think make it amazing:

-Preload Alert: upon joining an instance, the hud will load and show all "valuable" items (chests/npc's to talk to that offer good stuff/etc) in the zone. This allows you to know if the instance is worth playing or to remake the instance.
    -Monsters on minima: a radius of about ~1.5 - 2 screens away, all monsters and monster type (through color coded dots) will appear on the minimap - pretty good.
    -Dangerous Monster Alerts: When within this 1.5 - 2 screen distance, any monsters that have dangerous (rippy or 1-shot mods) will be identified through a pop-up text, for example "Volatile!" (this means that there's a monster nearby that has "Volatile" property (a property that is similar to Diablo 2's Fire Enchanted Mobs - explodes on death)).

Anyway... thx!
    There is no more preload alert to see if there is rare chest or goblins anymore. Blizzard changed this method of loading data some while ago. The hud can only read whats close-by now even though you loaded the map.

Stormreaver's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my previous album for TH v6 using my old xml-based theme. This should give you an idea about most of TH's features.

D3 TurboHUD Features

PS: I am working on bringing back some of the features thanks to the help of some devs, but it is going slowly:
    Last edited by Stormreaver; 03-30-2017 at 02:44 PM.

12. Thanks Darkblader24 (1 members gave Thanks to Stormreaver for this useful post)