0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate Twink Guide - Rogue, Hunter & Mage

This twink guide is referring to level 19.

Rogues

Rogues are general quick-killing twinks, when they crit with an ambush can do 400+ damage, this is in one go, they can gouge and backstab over and over to keep you dealing barely any damage to them whilst they're getting massive crits and if the have lifestealer, they're taking all your HP too, so it's no messing about with these guys, get them out of stealth and keep them unable to use any abilities.

These twinks are best suited to the Alliance faction gearwise.
    These twinks are best suited as either a Gnome, a Night elf, a Blood elf or an Undead.

Good against:
    Shamans, Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Druids.

Bad against:
    Other Rogues, Hunters, Warriors, Paladins.

Armor:

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat, Green Tinted Goggles.
    Neck: (Alliance only) Sentinels Medallion, (Horde only) Scout's Medallion.
    Shoulders: Talbar Mantle.
    Back: Sentry Cloak, Glowing Lizardscale Cloak
    Chest: Blackened Defias Armor, (Alliance only) Tunic of Westfall.
    Bracers: Forest Leather Bracers.
    Gloves: Scouting Gloves of the Monkey, Red Whelp Gloves.Bristlrbark Gloves
    Belt: Deviate Scale Belt.
    Legs: Dark Leather Pants.(clefthide,Nethercleft,Cobrahide)
    Feet: Feet of the Lynx, Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots.
    Ring 1: (Alliance only)Seal of Wrynn, (Horde only)Seal of Sylvanas.
    Ring 2: (Horde only) Legionnaire's Band, (Alliance only) Protector's Band.
    Trinket 1: (Alliance only) Insignia of the Alliance, (Horde only) Insignia of the Horde.
    Trinket 2: Arena Grand Master, Minor Recombobulator.

Weapons:

Main Hand Weapon:
    Assassin's Blade, Shadowfang
    Off Hand Weapon:
    Cruel Barb, Assassin's Blade.
    Ranged:
    (Alliance only) Hand of Argus Crossfire, Throat Piercers, Thick Bronze Darts.

Enchants:

Armor:

Head: Lesser Arcanum of Constitution, Lesser Arcanum of Voracity.
    Back: Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense, Enchant Cloak - Lesser Agility, Enchant Cloak - Greater Resistance, Enchant Cloak - Stealth.
    Chest: Enchant Chest - Major Health, Enchant Chest - Greater Stats.
    Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina, Enchant Bracer - Superior Strength.
    Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility.
    Legs: Clefthide Leg Armor, Nethercleft Leg Armor, Cobrahide Leg Armor, Nethercobra Leg Armor.
    Feet: Enchant Boots - Minor Speed, Enchant Boots - Greater Agility, Enchant Boots - Greater Stamina.

*NOTE* Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots CAN GET TBC ENCHANTS ON THEM!, If you're going to get them I recommend these enchants on them:
    Enchant Boots - Fortitude, Enchant Boots - Dexterity, Enchant Boots - Cat's Swiftness, Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed.

Weapons:

Main Hand Weapon:
    Enchant Weapon - Crusader, Enchant Weapon - Lifestealing, Enchant Weapon - Fiery Weapon.

Off Hand Weapon:
    Enchant Weapon - Agility, Enchant Weapon - Lifestealing

Talents:

There are a mass of talent specs, alot of them can prove to be very, very good, I'll list alot of the combo's but ultimately it's up to you if you want to alter them slightly to your needs.

Dagger rogue:
    Spec 1:
    Malice 5/5, Murder 2/2, Improved Backstab 3/3.
    Spec 2:
    Malice 5/5, Remorseless Attacks 2/2, Improved Backstab 3/3.
    Spec 3:
    Malice 5/5, Opportunity 5/5.
    Spec 4:
    Malice 5/5, Improved Gouge 3/3, Murder 2/2.
    Spec 5:
    Malice 5/5, Improved Gouge 3/3, Remorseless Attacks 2/2.
    Spec 6:
    Opportunity 5/5, Camouflage 5/5.
    Spec 7:
    Opportunity 5/5, Dirty Tricks 2/2, Improved Gouge 3/3.

Sword Rogue:

Spec 1:
    Malice 5/5.
    Remorseless Attacks 2/2.
    Improved Eviscerate 3/3.
    Spec 2:
    Malice 5/5.
    Murder 2/2.
    Improved Eviscerate 3/3.
    Spec 3:
    Malice 5/5.
    Remorseless Attacks 2/2.
    Improved Sinister Strike 2/2.
    1 Remainder point for use anywhere.
    Spec 4:
    Malice 5/5.
    Murder 2/2.
    Improved Sinister Strike 2/2.
    1 Remainder point for use anywhere.

Notes and tips on Rogues:
    I strongly suggest you use a dagger in the main hand as it opens up so many possibilities, and with it you can use your most deadly move, ambush, but it's fully up to you, although probably the strongest Rogue will be a dagger-switch-sword spec, this is a rogue that wields a dagger in main hand, ambushes a target, then, with his sword hotbarred he'll switch to that and demolish the target using sinister strikes and eviscerates, if he's a smart rogue he'll do this:
    Ambush, switch to sword, turn on Slice 'n' Dice, and whack away with Sinister Strikes and Eviscerates until the target is dead, I know a few more techniques but they require a dodgy spec that wont really be any good, although will be more effective than the above, there's a chance you would always get your ambush making the whole thing useless, so that's why I say use the above one, if you ambush fails on the above technique, do a Sinister Strike and hit Slice 'n' Dice, for enchants I recommend you go with all with alot of stamina/hp along with tons of agility, but I do suggest you throw in a speed boost enchant somewhere as it's the key to catching opponents, for weapons I highly suggest Crusader on the main hand and Agility or Lifestealing on the off hand, the reason for this is because off hand is far more likely to miss an attack than the main hand, meaning the proc is far less likely to happen, lifestealing is a very common proc so although it's shift it can be fine used in the off hand, if you want to play it safe go with agility, both of which are great enchants and again it's entirely your decision what you pick.

That's the end of the rogue section.

Hunters

Hunters, this is argued to be better than the rogue, I, have both a rogue and a Hunter twink, I personally think the Hunter is better, just for the sheer amount of survivability and the basic ability to totally dominate the entire BG with your attacks from a long distance. The ability to have a triple-crit Multi Shot and rack up three killing blows and a ton of honor just tops it off, not to mention the fact it's very, very easy to stay above the competition with a Hunter, although it does have some cons, Hunters suck at flag running, and the biggest con is, well, they can't beat any class that can slow them, namely Warriors, the Hunter technique is to slow the opponent that gets up close with Wing Clip, run to a distance and range away, doing this over and over again leaving the opponent no chance to even touch the Hunter, if the Hunter is slowed and so is the enemy, well, you're getting no where and you're finding yourself, a Hunter, melee'ing, not a good idea, though, they are very very powerful and this con doesn't much bother me because I can usually take out any warrior before they get to me anyway.

These twinks are best suited to the Alliance faction gearwise.
    These twinks are best suited as either a Night elf, a Blood elf or a Troll.

Good Against:
    Rogues, Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Other Hunters.

Bad Against:
    Warriors, Paladins, Shamans.

Armor:

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat, Green Tinted Goggles.
    Neck: (Alliance only) Sentinels Medallion, (Horde only) Scout's Medallion.
    Back: Sentry Cloak, Glowing Lizardscale Cloak
    Chest: Blackened Defias Armor, (Alliance only) Tunic of Westfall.
    Bracers: Forest Leather Bracers.
    Gloves: Scouting Gloves of the Monkey, Magefist Gloves.
    Belt: Deviate Scale Belt.
    Legs: Dark Leather Pants.
    Feet: Feet of the Lynx, Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots.
    Ring 1: (Alliance only)Seal of Wrynn, Lavishly Jeweled Ring.
    Ring 2: (Horde only) Legionnaire's Band, (Alliance only) Protector's Band.
    Trinket 1: (Alliance only) Insignia of the Alliance, (Horde only) Insignia of the Horde.
    Trinket 2: Grand Arena Master, Minor Recombobulator.

Weapons:

2 Handed weapon:
    Twisted Chanter's Staff
    Ranged:
    Venomstrike.
    Quiver:
    Quiver of the Night Watch.

Enchants:

Armor:

Head: Lesser Arcanum of Constitution, Lesser Arcanum of Voracity.
    Back: Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense, Enchant Cloak - Lesser Agility, Enchant Cloak - Greater Resistance.
    Chest: Enchant Chest - Major Health, Enchant Chest - Greater Stats.
    Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina.
    Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility.
    Legs: Clefthide Leg Armor, Nethercleft Leg Armor, Cobrahide Leg Armor, Nethercobra Leg Armor.
    Feet: Enchant Boots - Greater Agility, Enchant Boots - Greater Stamina.

*NOTE* Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots CAN GET TBC ENCHANTS ON THEM!, If you're going to get them I recommend these enchants on them:
    Enchant Boots - Fortitude, Enchant Boots - Dexterity.

Weapons:

2 Handed Weapon:
    Enchant 2H Weapon - Agility
    Ranged:
    Accurate Scope

*NOTE* Although Accurate scope requires level 20 to apply to your ranged weapon, you're ranged weapon will meet the minimum level requirement of your ranged weapon, although a ranged weapon like Venomstrike requires level 19 to equip, it's actual item level is higher, meaning the scope can be attached to the bow, but you can't do it, but someone level 20 or above can attach it for you in a Will Not Be Traded slot in the trade window, incase there's any doubts of whether or not this can be done, it's a yes, I have it on my Venomstrike.

Talents:

There isn't really much to go with on Hunter Talent specs, Improved Concussive Shot can be such a life saver, but I myself didn't spec in it, I'd rather have the improved damage and crit damage as well as a the ability to get those pesky opponents who only JUST manage to get out of the 35 yard range, that used to annoy me beyond belief, not anymore! ^_^ (I use Spec 1), again it's ultimately up to you, I HIGHLY recommend having 5/5 Lethal Shots no matter what spec you choose because your crits are the key to killing the opponent.

Spec 1:
    Lethal Shots 5/5.
    Humanoid Slaying 3/3.
    Hawk Eye 2/3.
    Spec 2:
    Lethal Shots 5/5.
    Humanoid Slaying 3/3.
    Endurance Training 2/5.
    Spec 3:
    Lethal Shots 5/5, Improved Concussive Shot 5/5.

Pet:

The pet can make or break a Hunter, this little companion is very, very useful, there are many pets you can pick, but I recommend only 1, The Boar, why? because it has charge, what charge does incase you didn't know is charges the opponent and stuns him for 1 sec, I know what you're thinking, "1 Sec? That's nothing", but it is, if a Warrior is charging you and you hit charge quickly, the Warriors charge is over giving you a fighting chance, or when a Warlock is going to Fear you, slam a charge in and it stops it, if he/she trys to fear you again, no chance, you've got you pet hammering away which in itself is enough to give you time to take the lock out, but you're also hitting him too, you have an instant cast shot so basically his cast bar isn't going up, same goes for mages, they can't cast, at all, makes a great companion and at times a life saver, if you're on a tiny amount of HP and you're trying to run away, root the opponent with your boar and make a quick escape, it makes sense rather than a cat, a cat does some extra damage, so what? this little bad boy saves you from damage, oh it can also be funny to root the Horde flag carrier as he tries to cap a flag and you just whack him out with your sheer ability to take out anything in your path.

Pet Boar:

The Boar I tamed was called a "Longsnout", these boars are black and look much better than the regular beige colored boars, these boars are level 10 to 11 (Great starting pet as you can tame it right after you finish your hunter quest), this Boar is located in Elwynn Forest, where Hogger is, they're around that little bit.

Your boar should have this:

Charge, Rank 2:
    You can get Charge Rank 2 from a Greater Goretusk (16-17) in Redridge Mountains.

Bite, Rank 3:
    You can get Bite Rank 3 from a Ghostpaw Runner (19-20) in Ashenvale.

Gore, Rank 3:
    You can get Gore Rank 3 from a Greater Goretusk (16-17) in Redridge Mountains.

Notes and tips on Hunters:
    There's alot of technique to Hunters in the higher levels, fortunately there's not much too specific you have to do that's too important, just make sure you've got tons of agility and you keep the enemy at a distance, make sure you're using Multi Shot whenever you can even if you're only up against one of opponent, Multi Shot does extra damage so it makes sense to use it all the time, and about some of the enchants and gear, twink Hunter's need lots of Intellect too, and can only use a 2H weapon so you should use a the Twisted Chanter's Staff because it truly owns. , you don't have to use the Magefist Gloves but I do, I have 1.1k mana which is fine for me, but it's entirely up to you, this a guide not a restraining order.

And that's the end of the Hunter section.

Mages

Although mages don't get their best spells until higher levels, don't be fooled by their appearance, just because they wear cloth doesn't mean they can't slam out loads of instant casts, slowing and rooting spells to leave yourself thinking "What the f**k happened there", they're rarely twinked in the 10 - 19 bracket for the simple fact they're not the best twinks for this bracket, OR SO THEY SAY, if you check the Mage spells for levels 10 to 19, you'll see there's not much to offer, the spells look puny and like they can't do much damage, I beg to differ, if a mage specs properly and has the right enchanted gear they have as much chance of killing rogue as every other class, Mages need to stay back and do their work, keeping their opponents slowed and rooted so they can't get a hit, whilst you whack away with fireballs and arcane explosions, truly a class they has to be mastered to perfection to fulfil their amazing, understated potential, not a class for the lazy/cheap.

This class isn't best suited for any faction.
    This class is best suited as a Gnome, a Blood elf or an Undead.

Good Against:
    Other Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Warriors, Druids.

Bad Against:
    Hunters, Rogues, Paladins, Shamans.

Armor:
    Head: Lucky Fishing Hat, Green Tinted Goggles, Shadow Goggles.
    Neck: (Alliance only)Sentinel's Medallion, (Horde only)Scout's Medallion.
    Back: (Alliance only)Caretaker's Cape, (Horde only)Battle Healer's Cloak, Sentry's Cape of the Eagle.
    Chest: Tree Bark Jacket.
    Bracers: Mindthrust Bracers.
    Gloves: Magefist Gloves.
    Belt: Keller's Girdle.
    Legs: Darkweave Breeches.
    Feet: Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots.
    Ring 1: Black Pearl Ring, Bronze Band of Force, Band of Purification.
    Ring 2: (Alliance only)Lorekeeper's Ring, (Horde only)Advisor's Ring.
    Trinket 2: Grand Arena Master, Minor Recombobulator.

Weapons:

2 Handed Weapon:
    Twisted Chanter's Staff, (Alliance only)Lorekeeper's Staff, (Horde only)Advisor's Gnarled Staff.
    1 Handed Weapon:
    Evocator's Blade.
    Off Hand:
    Antipodean Rod, Pulsating Hydra Heart.
    Wand:
    Gravestone Scepter.

Enchants:

Armor:

Head: Lesser Arcanum of Constitution, Lesser Arcanum of Rumination, Lesser Arcanum of Voracity.
    Back: Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense
    Chest: [item]Enchant Chest - Greater Stats[item], Enchant Chest - Major Health, Enchant Chest - Major Mana.
    Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina, Enchant Bracer - Mana Regeneration, Enchant Bracer - Greater Intellect.
    Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Frost Power, Enchant Gloves - Fire Power.
    Legs: Clefthide Leg Armor, Nethercleft Leg Armor.
    Feet: Enchant Boots - Greater Stamina.

Enchant Boots - Vitality,
    Enchant Boots - Fortitude.

Weapons:

2H Weapon:
    Enchant Weapon - Spell Power, Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect.
    1H Weapon:
    Enchant Weapon - Spell Power, Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect.

Talents:

There are three talent specs you can go with as a mage, for a twink, Fire and Frost are without a doubt the best, both of them are equally as good... but it's up to you to decide, personally, I'd go with Fire, because of Pulsating Hydra Heart, I mean, it's a brilliant twink item, it's +2 stamina and +7 fire damage what more could you possibly want?, well, the arguement is that you can get double your crit damage in Frost spec, with a 0.5 second cast reduce time on Frostbolt you're casting it in 1.7 seconds, The problem is... you're only going to cast a few, crit chances aren't high and really, it's not worth it, but then again it's up to you, arcane DOES have wand spec... which is brilliant... I'm still not entirely sure which is the best mage spec yet... I'm very partial on all 3, I may have to make a twink mage one day...

Arcane Spec:

5/5 Improved Arcane Missles.
    2/2 Wand Specialization.
    3/5 Arcane Concentration.

Fire:

Spec 1:
    5/5 Improved Fireball.
    5/5 impact.
    Spec 2:
    5/5 Improved Fireball.
    3/3 Improved Fire Blast.
    2/2 Flame Throwing.
    Spec 3:
    5/5 Impact.
    3/3 Improved Fire Blast.
    2/2 Flame Throwing.

Frost:

Spec 1:
    5/5 Improved Frostbolt.
    5/5 Ice Shards.

Spec 2:
    5/5 Improved Frostbolt.
    3/3 Frostbite.
    2/2 Improved Frost Nova.

Spec 3:
    5/5 Improved Frostbolt.
    3/3 Permafrost.
    2/2 Improved Frost Nova.

Notes and Tips on Mages:
    I think it's fair to say these guys are hard work and cost a TON of money on enchants... I did some number crunching and found that Fireball can do up to 168 damage, if you spec in Improved Fireball this is a 2.5 second cast to a possible 336 crit, for frost it can do 98 damage, with Improved Frostbolt this is in 1.7 seconds, it can crit for 196 and with Ice Shards can crit for 294, I think this totally destroys the arguement, this combined with your two instant casts in no match, Frostbolt here is doing 57.6 Damage per second without global cooldown time which I think is 1.5 seconds (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) if it is 1.5 seconds, it's already run out by the time you're cast your frostbolt so you're ready to cast again, but Fireball is doing a massive 67.2 damage per second, AND has higher crits! THEN has the 12 dmage over 8 sec! if this is improved with the gear and enchants the 12 damage turns to 52 damage over 8 sec, I'm not entirely sure if the 18 damage over 9 sec IS improved by the gear and chants I need someone to tell me as I don't have the means to test it out myself, but is does... Wow... I mean, this is amazing, I've never acctually realised how great a mage can be, *NOTE* all this number crunching was done using certain gear and enchants with + plus damage, this again is MAXIMUM, the likely hood of you acctually critting and doing this DPS regularly is very, very low considering all the factors, infact, after doing more research I've found this: the minimum for these two spells with the enchanted gear is 125 damage + 12 damage over 8 sec for fireball, the minimum for Frostbolt is 87, Fire wins.

The gear/enchants used:
    Frost/Fire Power enchant to gloves.
    Spell Power to 1H.
    Antipodean Rod for Frost spells and Pulsating Hydra Heart for Fire spells.

And that's the end of the Mage section.

I hope this guide helps you with your twink

/Fer

Ultimate Twink Guide - Rogue, Hunter & Mage
    stigggs's Avatar needhelpflashinxbox

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ultimate Twink Guide - Rogue, Hunter & Mage

Very nice guide, I will use this when I make my hunter twink =] +rep

frogi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice post, better than some of the other ones I've seen around. and thinking about making a hunter alt hehe

any other twinks guides planned?

ferius's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on Warrior, druids, warlocks...tough i dont realy have experience with them but gonna do my best

Alth's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice job, although it might need some updating after patch 2.3.

ferius's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea,..i'm aware of that thanks for the positive feedback

97036's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you play a rogue it's kinda stupid to waste CPs and Energy on Eviscerate, better to use Slice And Dice or just spam SS.

Apart from that, good guide!
    Don't forget to +rep helpfull posts and comments.
    The rep-system is our tool to make a MMOwned the community we want it to be.

zoidberg891's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great guide but why not orc as hunter +pet damage and the +AP attack

Soh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldnt the new Gloves of the Fang (+5strength/+6agi) be better for a rogue twink? (coming in 2.3) They drop from WC and are BoE, so I guess you would find some on the AH.

reveng_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres a few problems in your guide.
    Shoulders : Serpent's Shoulders (+9 Agi)
    Off-Hand : Buzzer Blade (+2 Crit Rating)
    Legs : Rigid Leggings of the Monkey (+5 Agi +5 Stam)
    Wrist : Wrangler's Wristbands of the Monkey (+3 Agi +3 Stam)
    Blackened Defias Tunic is not Alliance only either.
    Cloak enchant should be +12 Dodge Rating