1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft on XBOX?

RUMOR #1: World of Warcraft is coming to the Xbox 360.

Source: A job listing on the Blizzard Entertainment Web site.

The official story: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation."--Microsoft spokesperson; Blizzard Entertainment reps declined requests for comment.

What we heard: Part gossip, part geek fantasy, the World of Warcraft Xbox 360 rumor has been around for a while. Prior to E3 2005 in May, scuttlebutt was rampant that Microsoft would announce that the massively multiplayer role-playing game was coming to its next-gen console at its press conference. The company did indeed announce a 360 MMORPG...problem was it was Final Fantasy XI, which is already available for both the PC and PlayStation 2--hardly a system-selling title.

Were WoW to become available for the 360, though, it would be a much different story. Given World of Warcraft's popularity--it already has over 4.5 million subscribers and has been among the top five top-selling PC games since its 2004 release--many gamers would gladly buy a 360 just to get in on the Azeroth action. Also, the PC hardware required to run the game costs several times the hard drive-enabled 360's $399 sticker price.

I'll keep us posteed here. ;D
    dont forget to erm give rep to ppl...

its important

I wanna be a mod... so badley.... its not even funny.... lol

World of Warcraft on XBOX?
    Bossman4's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for finding this out Oninuva.

Dwarpy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is merely a rumor... Bliz reps said themselves that doing that would have to merge two whole separate systems with capabilities... which could make it imbalanced to one or the other. They said they have NO plans to do this unless they had a way to keep it more fair.

Scarmaker's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having WoW on 360 would help microsoft and blizzard... Microsoft would get more bucks becuz people would buy the 360 to play WoW insitead of Wii or PS3, and Blizzard can get more bucks by the 360gamers who want to play WoW but don't have a good enough computer or a computer at all, since the 360 can get a USB keyboard they can keep the controls the same and charge the same. '

Blizzard may be waiting for the 60g ahrdrive on 360 before they start too.....

LightWave's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know this is a old post but there some things that would make it hard to play wow on a 360 1) 360 is not a os based system and some wow scripts need a os to run off to verfiy game patch 2) if ur playing on a comp and lets say ur friend is playing on a 360 he couldnt see u do to the fact that the servers cant link together cuz of the diff system setting and layout so WOW going to xbox 360 would be a lil hard cuz they would have to have a dedicated server for onyl xbox 360 suscribers and i dont think blizzard wanna do that and niether would at&t wich is the main source off all blizzard servers so ya xbox 360 is going to ahve to wait for WOW wich will probly never happen or wont happen for a really long time and Xbox 360 blows

firehwk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xbox 360 is capable of running WoW (it is a computer, but w/ a different os than standard computers) microsoft made thier servers capable of being modified by the game developers themselves. so blizzard could make special xbox 360 servers. AND XBOX 360 DOESN'T BLOW!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol we all have our own view on xbox and microsoft but it is far from being a computer and it has a form of a os on it but its not a os lol and blizzard has had talks about this befor and they said that it would be to hard at this time to have wow run a game console do to the fact that people on a pc can do far more then a person on a game consol and there is no way of detecting cheating a on a consol do to the fact that warden can not run on a gaming consol cuz it need dlls and and windows to read so the dev. team would have to basicly re-code warden and wow to run on a consol i have taken like 3 or 4 xbox 360s apart so see what the diffrence in board formt he orignal and i have been trying to mod one out to me more then a xbox 3 360 and do more like i have done to my DS made that in to a gps system so ya i kind of know what im talking about and u probly do too i dont want to start a flam war here but blizzard said right now they will not have any plans on making wow a consol game due to the fact that u can not play with poeple on a pc and they want people to all be able to play together if u see what im getting at and wow is a tiger osx(mac) and a windows game and xbox as a low version of windows just coded diff so ya u r right in a sence

firehwk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so blizzard is too lazy to recode wow so it would work on xbox 360 and make dedicated servers for xbl. so can we agree that if they wanted to then it would be posible to do it?

and people have modified xboxes so that they are computers

bloodofwar's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pretty sure it wont happen, because if u think about it this way. Blizzard is not part of Microsoft, and putting the game on the 360 would be almost not possible, and even if they did, how would u do it, u have to be able to use all ur spells and such (and if they did figure out how to think would u buy it??) it would be way too hard to play the game, and it wouldn't be very fun, it would be very hard on the box, making it very laggy, and u need Xbox Live, so it would cost 50$ more a year to play!!! The only reason i could think that it would be true is if blizzard wanted more people to play, so they would see how fun the game was but how sucky it is on the 360, so they would buy the game on PC making them more money!!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a mod to be able to use a xbox 360 controller to play wow on your pc its kind of cool i think but weird lol but ya it would be hard to play not unless they have a keyboard and mouse u can use

Bossman4's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW should come to XBOX 360 then i can hack my characters on my PC and play on my 360. OR download hacks and play WoW at same time.

"Calls up Blizzard and tells them to make WoW for the F**KING Xbox 360 NOW!!!"
    "Then calls Microsoft and tells them to let Blizzard make WoW for the Xbox 360"

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL man ya but u have to figure for most hack to work they need to be set or have a directory or something of that sort but u know people they would make sum type of cheat lmao and u have to know blizzard they will find some wat to catch people lmao so ya ether way u will get cought lol so ya and microsoft blows but its the only thing game like wow can run on lol

tahoebyker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bloodofwar
    and u need Xbox Live, so it would cost 50$ more a year to play!!!
    Not really, unless I am mistaken you don't need Xbox Live for Final Fantasy 11.
    Also, it is possible to cross system online games, again final fantasy 11 did that. I'm not saying Final Fantasy 11 is good, I'm just saying it's possible to do it.

Edit: fixed a spelling mistake

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but blizzard is as lazy as they come to stuff of that sort lol they cant even keep all their servers up and running 100% of the time and they cant veen fix erros in the game and evertime they release a patch we all get more errors then fixes lol

Link7722's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is true:

Advantages: Pretty much no lag, easy controls, good graphics, and more quality.

Disadvantages: No hacks(I don't think you can do that lol), Having to set up an Adaptor if not already, plugging in a keyboard for communication.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast