0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grinding for de mats -- 70 chanters

**Disclaimer - these spots are not "new" spots by any means, just calling out a few areas for chanters to maximize their profits.**

I tend to stay away from the elemental plateau and other well known farming spots during regular playing hours because anywhere I have to be weary of other players farming is a shitty place to farm. I get into a grove and run the same circuits mindlessly until my farming timer runs out. Take the shit to AH and profit. I've farmed 4 epic flyers on 4 different toons this way. If this sounds like your idea of farming then read below. Otherwise, thanks for looking. mages will have an easy time grinding this way.

Obviously with high end chants you can make decent coin chanting for tips/cost of nethers.. or collecting the mats and offering it all at below AH price for the mats. Every seasoned chanter knows this. The unfortunate side is that as more chanters get the recipe's you have, tips become less to none and there's less of a customer base for those chants that net you decent money.

A chanter grinding mobs with hopes of de'ing greens for dust or essence needs to be picky about locations for several reasons:
    • You obviously want a secluded place where you can run a circuit that corresponds to respawn time.
    • You want mobs at a level high enough to drop greens of "value" which have a greater chance of de'ing into the max # of dusts or essence -- or greens with a chance to proc a shard.
    • You want mobs what you can kill easily, despite being at a high level
    There's 2 spots I primarily go to farm for de-worthy greens. These spots aren't really a secret but they are underfarmed since 95% of the time I go there (during normal playing hours) there is not a soul in sight and when I do see someone, it's the same few people I always see.

This spot is defnitely no secret, I've seen it posted on other forums before (not sure about here since i cant really search) but it's the narrow strand behind dragonmaw fortress in shadowmoon valley. This is a short narrow strand on the edge of the world, it is not 100% necessary to have a flying mount to get there but not really worth it time wise without one. I started farming this spot about a month after bc came out and it has been a gem ever since. I average close to 200g an hour in this spot and I've gotten as much as 350G in an hour here. There are 2 main mobs to deal with, both types are level 70-71. There are air elementals and mana skates. Both drop motes (air and mana obviously) and the rate of drops for greens is absolutely ridiculous... my drop rate for greens averages 1 in 10 killed and the greens are level 67+ usually. I find them to de into 4-5 dust more often than not. There's also a very high chance of getting boe blues like the leggings of the shattered hand (can't link right now, at work) which sell easily for 40g on my server (korgath). If you fly in and start on the eastern side of this little area and work your way north/west, by the time you kill the last mob the first 10 have respawned.

A typical hour of farming this spot yields me 2 primal airs, 3 primal mana's, 40-60 arcane dust, 15g in vendor trash, and sometimes a large shard or two.

The second spot also isnt much of a secret but for some reason I rarely see another soul farming this area. In netherstorm just east - south/east of the ethereal staging grounds is an open area where ethereal mobs are plentiful. These mobs are a but more challenging than the spot above but more risk = more reward. The ethereal mobs drop a ton of netherweave, roughly 5-6 stacks an hour if you're on your game and grinding quickly, they also drop greens on occasion but the bread and butter of this spot is getting prison keys. A prison key allows you to open up an ethereal prison (bubble looking things) in the staging ground area which will 90% of the time spawn an easy lvl 70-72 mob to fight. This mob has a 100% chance of dropping a green or blue item. The green items de into shards at a very high frequency, or into 4-5 dust/2 planars, and blue items obviously de into shards. Problem is, most of these drops ARE BOP so no sending it to a chanting alt. Most folks think that the ethereal jailors (which is a very slow spawning mob) are the only ones to drop the keys (they drop keys at a 100% drop rate) but I've found that one in 15 of the melee or caster ethereals will also drop a key. The trick is, the ones in the staging gound area never seem to drop it.. while the ones just outside seem to have a increased drop rate. If you can grind quickly then you can get 4-5 keys an hour (my usual pace) which will net you over 100 gold in de'd mats alone. Not to mention the 5-6 stacks of netherweave (as a tailor I make bags with the netherweave and sell 10-15 a night for 80g or so) and vendor trash. Start just east of the outside prison erea and work your way north/east. fly back, rinse and repeat.

Are there better spots in general to farm? Probably. And when I'm on other non chanting toons I farm there. As a chanter, these two spots are great money makers with very little risk for those on pvp servers.
    Last edited by WeThree; 11-07-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Grinding for de mats -- 70 chanters
    Alkhara Majere's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Grinding for de mats -- 70 chanters

Well written.
    +rep

WeThree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, I appreciate it!

baseballfreak189's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you very muhc, very helpful, its true it work.... iv been making mad money enchanting wit these mats

Hitoshi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very helpful post, never really thought about the ethereals, anyone know if they are casters, or all melee?

ziziziz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the first post have you got coords for the place in shadowmoon valley? or a link

thanks

good post

Secks_Panther's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome Spots. Added note to the etherial farming spot in Netherstrom... the Nullifiers have a chance to drop the [Enchant Formulae: Bracer +12 Defense]. Although, it may be a small chance, that makes this grinding spot all the more worthwile to chanters.
    Last edited by Secks_Panther; 11-07-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Amelaclya's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another good spot is still Tyr's Hand in EPL. The mid-high 50s elites are cake to kill at 70 and have a high drop rate of level 51-60 greens which DE into illusion dust and greater eternals. These mats sell for much higher than arcane dust and planar essence (less people farming them). Illusion dust regularly sells for 50g/stack and Greater eternals sell for ~10-15g each on my server.

Yoewishz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this great guide!

WeThree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ziziziz View Post
    for the first post have you got coords for the place in shadowmoon valley? or a link

thanks

good post
    I will definitely post the coordinates tonight when I log on
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that" - George Carlin

WeThree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Hitoshi View Post
    Very helpful post, never really thought about the ethereals, anyone know if they are casters, or all melee?
    they mostly melee but they do have casting abilities if left alive too long. Ideally, you want to be able to take them down in under 30 seconds.. the jailors are all melee and hit hard(er) and they spawn at one of 4 different locations every time. I usually catch 1-2 jailors a night on my circuit.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that" - George Carlin

champion538's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well written guide. Going to try this out this weekend.

xennon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice guide! Gonna get enchanting on my mage and try this out

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor