Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any undetected bots?

Hi All,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question.

I used to use lazybot and I was just about to look into buying wrobot when the latest ban wave happened and was wondering are there currently any bots that have made it through the ban wave undetected?

Thanks

Are there any undetected bots?
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    There are no "undetected" bots, if someone tells you otherwise, they're lying (depending on the bot's functionality).

Please bot safely, and on accounts you don't care about.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

thedreameater666's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there undetected bots?

Maybe? I lost two of three botting accounts. All used Noobbot. One took a week off (haven't run it since last Wednesday) the other two kept going about 5 hours a day for three days last and this week. They only farmed Suramar between the hours of noon and 5.

What might have happened is they tasked GMs during that time to run some kind of software that scans for repeated pathing, they could have used that Suramar bitch NPC to determine who was regularly killed by her (stretching maybe), OR they could have upgraded Warden or run a report, checking in with Warden and what is actively seen as a bot. I am very suspect about the sudden warden part, because I did run my third, active account since 7.1.

Either way, all three of these accounts were fun, throw away accounts. This was going to happen at some point - know that. And never give a ****ing penny to the idiots who make HonorBuddy. What bastards.

4. Thanks Elite58 (1 members gave Thanks to thedreameater666 for this useful post)
    Elite58's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, the plan was to get a throw away account, hand lvl a toon to lvl 110 put some cheap 815ilvl crafted stuff on it and make some customer paths to farm some herbs not with the intent of selling them but more with the intent on being too lazy to buy pots and flasks for raiding lol. I know no bot is "completely safe" I was just hoping one had not been picked up in this ban wave.

Also after all the stuff I have read about honorbuddy and mates getting banned back in MOP that used it I would never touch it.

Also I am never game to bot for at least 2 weeks after a major patch cause bliz likes to sneak new stuff in lol

Any further help would be great thanks all

SmileMoar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Elite58 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, the plan was to get a throw away account, hand lvl a toon to lvl 110 put some cheap 815ilvl crafted stuff on it and make some customer paths to farm some herbs not with the intent of selling them but more with the intent on being too lazy to buy pots and flasks for raiding lol. I know no bot is "completely safe" I was just hoping one had not been picked up in this ban wave.
    Currently we only have some vague ideas of what exact Blizzard did to detect the bots that got hit in this latest round. So even a bot that seems to be "safe" might not actually be safe.

Also after all the stuff I have read about honorbuddy and mates getting banned back in MOP that used it I would never touch it.

Also I am never game to bot for at least 2 weeks after a major patch cause bliz likes to sneak new stuff in lol

Any further help would be great thanks all
    In terms of botting I would suggest you grab a few WoW chests when they are on sale somewhere for like $5 or so. Then you can minimise the down time between bans. Some simple strategies for botting include running at least two accounts - on main account that you do not bot on at all and one alt account that does all the botting. This way you can use guild banks to store and move materials across with a reduced chance of losing it all when you lose the alt account.

I would also suggest you treat the accounts you bot on as if they will be 100% banned at some point.

7. Thanks Elite58, hangel87, hackerlol (3 members gave Thanks to SmileMoar for this useful post)
    Elite58's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks SmileMoar,

Some great information there, I didnt think about using a guild bank to store stuff in and having only that shared with main account. Since we are on the subject of avoiding bans, did I see people where getting banned based off of their ip?

SmileMoar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks SmileMoar,

Some great information there, I didnt think about using a guild bank to store stuff in and having only that shared with main account. Since we are on the subject of avoiding bans, did I see people where getting banned based off of their ip?
    Personally, I am not convinced Blizzard uses this method solely. It's not unheard of but at the same time it doesn't seem to happen to most botters in my experience.

I do think they keep previously caught bnets flagged to be watched for further activity in some cases.

My stance has been to always avoid using a bnet account that has been done before for botting unless I am trying to cuicide the account (i.e. get as much done as I can before I get banned). Others will have different ideas or preferences on this but this my personal style. Just helps put an extra layer between the botting accounts and my main one.
    Last edited by SmileMoar; 11-11-2016 at 02:12 AM.

WiNiFiX's Avatar Banned
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,
    Sorry if this sounds like a silly question.
    I used to use lazybot and I was just about to look into buying wrobot when the latest ban wave happened and was wondering are there currently any bots that have made it through the ban wave undetected?
    Thanks
    There are plenty of currently un-detected bots but nothing stops blizzard from detecting them in the future.

Ruinit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WiNiFiX View Post
    There are plenty of currently un-detected bots but nothing stops blizzard from detecting them in the future.
    What bots do you speak of and will any of the farm herbs etc? Wasn't firehack also hit?

Jaggy123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 6 month ban about a week ago, started up a new account yesterday from the same IP and got permabanned the same day. I can't imagine what they could've used to get it so quickly, except for the IP. Going to try another on a different IP and see what happens.

Elite58's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using Wrobot now on a burner account and 14 days in it is still up and running so fingers crossed