0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide/Guideline to Posting/updating emu guides

The idea to create a guide/guideline for posting guides was brought up in chat, so taking that idea... given by glynbeard here is the result

Guide to creating and posting guides

first. does the guide already exist? if it does, will your be the same or are you updating a existing one? or maybe you’re recreating it so it’s easier to use. so what do you do if it’s a guide that has been remade a few times.
    Give credit where it is due, start with something like this.

" so n so's updated guide to ............................." <--- title

now the actual body of the post. start it simple and to the point, give a brief explanation of what you’re doing, why, and if you are recreating a prior guide... say so, here is a example..

-- this guide is a collection / rebuild of earlier guides to add the updated/changed data since the last release, the information gathered comes from myself, AND....
    .................(insert link).......................... name of person that mad it
    .................(insert link).......................... name of person that mad it

( you know EVER guide already has at least 5 versions )

next,
    make sure that you make simple and easy instructions and add images. images, and more images. the easiest way to teach is to show them, so let them see what it is they should be looking at. this takes us to those images. images follow simple rules. make them clear, small in size, and host them on FREE sites. don’t use your ISP or your personal places for them, you don’t know what will still be around. the areas we play in.. exploits, hacking, private servers... make the life span pretty short. so use those free web hosting sites.

next, your actual files.
    if you’re making a guide, you show them, then you GIVE them what you have made. so upload everything you can. your full files. when you do, ensure you have used a compression program to make them as small as possible.. who wants to wait 5 hours to download a file?
    WinZipWinrarWinace

things to point out in your Guide.
    1. small modifications - usedifferentcolors toexpressthe exact thing to be changed by them
    2. additional programs needed - if they need WinZip, tell them to decompress with WinZip

Next, the specifics. ending your guide you should give the specifics
    1. what database your using
    2. what emu and build is it
    3. what version does it support 2.2.??????

so... in conclusion you want something like this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "weasels updated guide to mangos"

-- made by myself with all credit to the following where I got some information

today we will build a server

(paragraphs about the files and what needs to b downloaded)
    -----------link to file download ----------- name of file

(install step 1)
    (images of step 1)

(install step 2)
    (images of step 2)

(next step and next step with images)

(specs)
    Mangos 481219.32 ver b3
    GRDOT database
    supports version 1 to 3.6.1 build 93821

** program notes**
    MySQL 5
    WinZip (database extraction)
    NAVcat (database editor used in images)

________________________________________________________________________________ ________________
    yes this is just my 2 cents but it will stop the continued "its been done" don’t do it anymore
    most of those older posts are just that old and outta date and need to be updated to match code changes

guide idea credit goes to = glynbeard
    bad spelling goes to me

"In the event of an emergency, dont ask me, I crashed my server a few hundered times before I realized kicking the CPU wont make it work"

pet mod guide Maps For Blondes creating weapons Hunter set

Guide/Guideline to Posting/updating emu  guides
    Gastricpenguin's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Guide/Guideline to Posting/updating emu guides