0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Create an Easy Private Server - Fast & Quickly

I do not take any credit for this - originally on wowapprentice.com so plz dont critisize

This guide has been updated for 2.1.3, the new TerraNet Rev 8 Database and the Ascent emulator.
    Make sure to follow Step 1 to download the files
    Video Tutorial:
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=2P6O4C0W_cw"]www.youtube.com (low quality)[/ame]
    Imporant) Make sure you read this part or you could have problems later on
    Step 1) Download ALL of the files!
    1. Go to the downloads section and download the TNPS Database and Ascent Emulator. Next download SQLyog (binaries - stable - community edition) and WAMP5.
    Step 2) Install WAMP5 and SQLyog using default settings
    1. Open WAMP5 by left clicking the icon in the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen, click phpMyAdmin.
    2. Click the Privileges link near the bottom of the page.
    3. Click Add a new User link.
    4. Type "ascent" for the username, "localhost" for the host, and enter in any password (I used "pass"). Now scroll down a little and click "Check All" next to Global privileges. Now scroll all the way down and click go.
    5. Now open up SQLyog, click continue and then click new. Now enter in "localhost" for the MySQL Host Address, "ascent" for the username, and "pass" for the password (unless you used something different). Click connect.
    6. Right click the open area underneath the database names and click "Create Database" or CTRL+D, type in "ascent" for the name of the database.
    7. Now you want to extract the TNPSDB_8.rar file that you downloaded, it doesn't matter where you extract it because you can delete the folder after you have completed Step 3. After you finished extracting, go back to SQLyog and right click the "ascent" database you just created and click "Restore From SQL Dump..." Click the little "..." (browse) button and locate "TNDB8.sql" in the database folder, (\TNPSDB_8\TNPS DataBase) then click Execute.
    8. Hit F9 after it has finished, now do the exact same thing with "Character & Logonserv Tables.sql" in the database folder, (\TNPSDB_8\Character & Logonserv Tables) then click Execute.
    9. Hit F9 after it has finished, now we are going to create the user account for the server. Click the "+" sign next to ascent to expand the database, right click accounts and click view data (it should be the first table). Put "1" in acct, put "admin" in login, put "password" in password, put "az" in gm (Look at the GM Commands list, it means you get access to all the commands), put "8" in flags (8 means TBC and 0 means Non-TBC). Finally click save to save what you entered.
    10. You are now finished and can close SQLyog.
    Step 3) Extract the latest Ascent Emulator (which should be ascent1036 at this point). Then you want to edit the configuration files, open up your ascent folder
    1. Open up ascent.conf with wordpad, change username to "ascent", password to "pass" and database name to "ascent" for both the World and Character databases.
    2. Open up logonserver.conf with wordpad, and do the exact same changes you did with "ascent.conf".
    3. Open up realms.conf with wordpad, and change "127.0.0.1" to your external IP address. To get your external IP address, go to www.Whatismyip.com (there are 2 areas you want to change the IP, one at the top and one at the bottom where it says the realm information. You can also change the realm name to whatever you want, the default name is WoWApprentice.com)
    Step 4) You can either download or extract the maps yourself
    I can't host the maps file on my web server anymore because it takes up too much bandwidth, sorry guys
    1. If you download the maps, then all you have to do is put the maps folder in your ascent directory.
    2. If you want to extract the maps yourself, you will have to copy/paste ad.exe from the "Map Extractor" folder into your world of warcraft directory. Then you want to create a folder called maps.
    3. Run the ad.exe file (it will then extract all the maps into the "maps" folder).
    4. After it has finished extracting all the maps, cut/paste the folder into your ascent directory and you should be good to go.
    Step 5) **Skip this step if you don't use a router** (this step was written using a Netgear router)
    1. This is the tricky part, first off what you need to do is login to your router. I am not sure if this way works with all routers but it should. Go to Start -> Run and type cmd. After command prompt has started up, type ipconfig. It should list your ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway. Write down your ip address and default gateway. Type exit.
    2. Now go into Firefox (if you dont have Firefox, get it!!! It is 100 times better than IE) type in your Default Gateway in your address bar/url bar or whatever you want to call it.
    3. It should pop up a login window, type in your username and password. The default username is admin unless you changed it, the default password is either nothing or it's "password" unless you changed it. If you don't know what the username and password is ask the person who setup the router.
    4. Now after you have logged in go to the Pord Forwarding page, this will not be the same with all routers. Make sure Port Forwarding is bulleted and click Add Custom Server.
    5. Enter in whatever you want for the service name, sevice type should be (TCP/UDP), Starting port should be whatever port you need to enter in (ex. 3306) and ending port should be the same thing, now for the server ip, make sure it is the same thing that you have written down.
    6. Now click apply and you have successfully added a port! Now just finish adding all of them and you are done! Here is the list of ports you need to add (3724 - 8093 - 3306 - 8129) ** Remember, this process will only be exactly as I have written it if you have the same router as me, otherwise you will need to think for yourself and find out where to forward the ports. I went through the basic process of doing it so you should get the concept.
    Step 6) Now it's time to start up the server!
    1. Go inside your ascent folder and open up "loginserver.exe" (Note: Always make sure WAMP is running, otherwise you will fail to connect to the database).
    2. Now open up "ascent.exe" (If everything looks the same in the picture, then you are fine).
    3. The final step... Go to your World Of Warcraft directory (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft) and make a copy of realmlist.wtf (name it whatever you want or leave it default). Now open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to "set realmlist external ip address". That's it, connect to your server with your account and start playing!
    GM commands - Here!
    Skill ID's - Here!
    Spell ID's - Here!
    NPC ID's - Here!

FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Why does logonserver.exe fail to initialize?
    A: Becase you need the latest .net framework, Microsoft Website
    Q: Why can't I extract the files?
    A: Because you need WinRAR, rarlabs.com
    Q: Why am I missing MSVCP71.dll or any other DLL files?
    A: Download the DLL Files and put the .dll files you need in your ascent folder and everything should work fine.
    Q: When I click phpMyAdmin I get a access denied page.
    A: That's because you either used a different SQL program or edited your WAMP before and you set a password for the user "root" so when it tries to open it, it doesn't think there is a password. You can either completely delete WAMP (go to control panel -> add/remove programs and uninstall it, then go to the area that you installed it and delete the folder), or you can edit the config.inc.php file with wordpad and replace this line ($cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '' with ($cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'yourpassword'. If you used a different SQL program you either have to completely delete that (same way you would with WAMP which is stated above) or use the SQL program.
    Q: Why am I getting failure to connect or why can't I connect to my server?
    A: Too many people are having this problem, and MOST of them are either skipping a step or have no idea how to use a computer. Go to this LINK for the solution.
    Last edited by Jrgamespot; 11-03-2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Uh

How to Create an Easy Private Server - Fast & Quickly
    Tubaquer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to Create an Easy Private Server - Fast & Quickly

Nice. Thanks.

faxmunky's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice wallpaper

And +Rep

Viter's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by jrgamespot View Post
    plz +rep if u can
    Dont ask for +Rep

Jrgamespot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, sry, i kinda a newb to this so,.....

Mastadill's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some reason when i go to extract the charecter & logonserv table it says there is an error at 2% anyone have a solution

someone please help
    Last edited by Mastadill; 11-04-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try creating a new db in ur database program (sqlyog, navicat, ect...) and then putting them i n there

Mastadill's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did everything and for the most part everything was going smooth until when i tried logging in then it just went downhill from there and now im like ****en lost as hell lol i think i may have ****ed up somewhere with my ip address or something i have no idea

Cristi12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice =) .

Panchito's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO everything works and stuff but when I try and login in in warcraft there are no realms listed what do I do? I get " ' connecting to default logon ' <my ip> ok .... authenticating .... failure."
    Last edited by Panchito; 11-10-2007 at 07:49 AM.

stefanmdc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it cant gind server phpMyadmin

stefanmdc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sry it cant find server phpMyadmin

spleee101's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one use this it sucks

Performer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i click Phpmyadmin.. I get Forbidden.

"You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server"

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

click on the text where u havin problems and there should be a pic - just make sure everythig matches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast