Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Disable Red Outline around the Enemy?

Hi! I've been searching all around the net for a way to disable the red outline on the enemy team, and have had no results, so I decided to ask here. Does anyone out there know of a way to disable the red outline on the enemy team? If it involves some coding (no doubt it will), then I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. I just don't know of a way to do it, but I'm hoping someone here more technologically adept than I does.

I don't know what prefix this falls under, so I'm just gonna select tool because it might require a tool to do.

How to Disable Red Outline around the Enemy?
    TheLordJesusHimself's Avatar Elite User Fuck am not Jewish. Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    141/268
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do re require the red outline removed?

TEAMRAGEXD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: How to Disable Red Outline around the Enemy?

Originally Posted by Stinkyjoint View Post
    why do re require the red outline removed?
    It isn't a big deal, but I wanted to remove it for whenever me and my friends play hide and seek. With the outline, finding them is too easy. That is why I wanted to try to remove it.
    Also, I would like to use this experience as practice; to test what I have learned so far.

DvASystems's Avatar Elite User Overwatch Hack & Cheat Mod /M.LG\
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1036/286
    Trade Feedback
    202 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The only thing you will find is a ban on your account if you are willing to mess with such things just for a silly game mode.

5. Thanks TheLordJesusHimself (1 members gave Thanks to DvASystems for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DvASystems View Post
    The only thing you will find is a ban on your account if you are willing to mess with such things just for a silly game mode.
    Well, you missed the part where I wanted to use it as a learning experience. Also, it depends on what I need to do. If it is extensive and hazardous, then a ban would be in my near future. However, how are they going to detect a simple thing such as the removal of a red outline? I won't be going online with it; only custom matches with my friends.

DvASystems's Avatar Elite User Overwatch Hack & Cheat Mod /M.LG\
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1036/286
    Trade Feedback
    202 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I like your enthusiasm, but to be able to remove such a feature you need to learn assembly at least and learn decompiling.

atmos's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/65
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To disable the red outlines, you would indeed have to essentially reverse the entire project, especially since more like than not the outlines are handled by a shader which might be written in some completely obscure way. So doesn't take much to conclude it's not really within the realms of time well spent.
    What you can do though is lock OW's framerate to around 30 (or if your machine is pimpin then higher is viable as well) and bitblt a hbitmap->bitmap from the OW client, take out the reds and [any]blit it back.
    Plenty of additional steps involved, but it's more than doable.

Get's easier if you'd bitblt or render the 'fixed' bitmap via other methods onto a gui and just force it to be alwaysontop, the first option could be fairly unsafe as well while the gui option shouldn't trigger any alarms.

9. Thanks TEAMRAGEXD (1 members gave Thanks to atmos for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by atmos View Post
    To disable the red outlines, you would indeed have to essentially reverse the entire project, especially since more like than not the outlines are handled by a shader which might be written in some completely obscure way. So doesn't take much to conclude it's not really within the realms of time well spent.
    What you can do though is lock OW's framerate to around 30 (or if your machine is pimpin then higher is viable as well) and bitblt a hbitmap->bitmap from the OW client, take out the reds and [any]blit it back.
    Plenty of additional steps involved, but it's more than doable.

Get's easier if you'd bitblt or render the 'fixed' bitmap via other methods onto a gui and just force it to be alwaysontop, the first option could be fairly unsafe as well while the gui option shouldn't trigger any alarms.
    Thank you for telling me. I do actually have a bit of assembly knowledge (more familiar with Intel language), and even though this seems like a ton of work and probably not worth my time, I have nothing better to do. ._.

Nerdrenx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need entity base adress and some basic knowledge regarding D3D. That's all you would need to do - which would be pretty easy
    And find a way to read memory, which may be a more peculiar task
    If you PM me, be sure your inbox is not full...

12. Thanks TEAMRAGEXD (1 members gave Thanks to Nerdrenx for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nerdrenx View Post
    You would need entity base adress and some basic knowledge regarding D3D. That's all you would need to do - which would be pretty easy
    And find a way to read memory, which may be a more peculiar task
    Thank you. I was thinking about using cheat engine to read the memory, but it's so well known that i dont think the anticheat for overwatch would like it much. I might just use it anyways.