0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunter Guide to 2v2

OK. This is just a guide i wrote for hunters in 2v2 arenas. My main is a hunter, has been for about 2 years now, and my 2v2 rating is 1740 atm. My partners are a holy priest, and a frost mage.

SPEC: Ok, spec depends completely on wat ur partner is. The only two specs you should go atm, are 41/20/0, 5/41/15, 0/41/20 or 0/41/20. These are the best pvp arena specs. If ur a double dps team, u go BM. If u have a healer, u can either go mm or bm. BM is better till u get the gear though, but MM is alot better against healer/dps grps. Some key things to get are, if ur mm, mortal shots and imp stings. IMP stings for viper sting against healers. If ur specced 5/41/15 or 0/41/20 Entrapment is what you need. This + frost trap is OP.

PET: The best pvp pet, and pve for hunters is the scorpion. This is because of its poison DOT. This + imp stings against a pally = oh noes, im oom! When the pally tries to dispell the mana drain, he dispells and pets poison instead, and his mana keep going down while the pet just re-applies his poison.

Gear: I wont say exactly what ap/crit you need, as it changes with spec, but you need to start off atleast 150 resilance. This is pretty easy to get with GM/HWL gear and veterans gear. Its also pretty easy to get 11k hp+ with endurance/survivalist. ATM i have 12.4k unbuffed without endurance.

Partner: If you cant find a healer, a good partners for hunters are : Shadow Priest/Frost Mage/Warlock (good with anyone ) or a ms warrior. The bad part about dps/dps teams are that you cap at about 1700 Rating. After that people are too geared to just burst dps down.

Any healer can be good as a partner, mine personaly is a priest, which i like because of dispell and stam buff.

Strats: Ok, when your against dps/dps teams, use aspect of the hawk, against healer/dps grps. use viper.
    For dps/dps teams:When the arena starts, send your pet at one target, preferbly a clothie, and try and get them down as fast as you can. Use all your CDs and get them down fast. Then, just simply pick off the other person. Stay with your healer the entire time, if they start getting nuked, cc other team or try and slow/scatter them.

Dps/healer teams: Send in your pet at healer, as soon as pets dot is on them, throw a viper on them and start to dps their partner, with pet still on healer, whenever viper is off cd throw it back on, this should make them go oom pretty fast so you can take down their partner when they cant heal then take them down.

These are the strats/specs i use on my hunter. Ty

Hunter Guide to 2v2
    Custom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hunter Guide to 2v2

sound nice. i got a warlock and its almost same tactic.. i use drain mana on healers and fear dps. its works realy fine.. affliction warlock + paladin (holy specct paladin with dmg gear). so both me + paladin dps.. and paladin use dmg gear so he can heal and also assist with dps. U know what a holy dps paladin can do? if not checkt youtube after Holy paladin dps or somthing like that.. they can make huge dmg

Starmanian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm huntard and playing with lock rating 1842 ... so how you can't go over 1700?
    :wave: Duh, me is pro!

panyagua's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really nice guide gj

bishi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get past 1700 rating, u must be very geared. Almost everyone in my battle grp in 2v2 above 1700 is in full merciless and its hard to burst dps down a healer with 350 resilance and 12k hp. And my current team is only 3 weeks old anyway. My 5v5 is 2134.

Trustdale's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i made it to 2k rating with a hunter in the 2v2 team, 100% of games played...
    problem is just that it requires insane amouts of skill and gear, from both players.
    After 2k rating, too many lock-druid combos... well for me it is

thanks for the sig minimized <3