0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Warrior Guide

Well, I figured since I just dinged 70 on my 3rd warrior, I'll let you all in on all knowledge of the class, let's start from the beginning with races and such.

Alliance: Human, not to bad, They have + weapon skill to swords and maces, which I believe will turn into 1% chance to crit next patch. Personally, I liked the +5 weapon skill better, but alas, I don't work at blizzard. They also have Perception which allows them to see stealth better, but overall isn't worth it. They also have a 10% gain, which makes live easier at later lvls. Overall, I give humans a 7/10 for a warrior class.

Night Elf: Eh personally not my favorite, I hate their attack animations. They do have shadowmeld, which makes a nice shadowmeld + charge for BG's. Night Elfs also have a 1% chance to dodge, which can help later at endgame with tanking . Wisp Spirit makes corpses runs faster, and nature resistance is not really noticeable. Overall? 4/10

Dwarf: Eh, not to bad, stone form makes life a bit easier, removing poisons and bleed effects and 10% more armor is decent, personally I'd rather have the gnome racial. They also have treasure hunting (Not that useful, a little bit for quests, but if you have mining or herb, you'll never use it), and a +5 to guns skill, which will turn into 1% chance to crit next patch. Frost resistance is nice, but not really noticeable. 5/10

Gnomes: Go Gnome or go home! They have probably one of the best warrior racials in the game, if I ever played alliance again, I'd defiantly make a gnome. Escape Artist is an extremely good pvp talent, even with the nerf in the next patch (Cooldown increased). Activate it to remove a snare, root ect effect, combine this with your honor trinket you'll make frost mages cry. Other racial's include 5% more int, not really that helpful, but it makes getting weapon skills easier. +15 Engineering skill is good, if you plan on taking that profession, or making a twink. +10 Arcane resistance is eh, not really noticeable. Overall, 9/10 due to the racial.

Draenei: Defiantly one of the coolest looking in plate (In my opinion of course.) They have Gift of the Naru, which is uber till about 52 or so, it's a HoT, and rage free, helps with downtime a lot especially when combined with bandages. Other racials include a 1% chance to hit aura, which is extremely helpful to fury, it's a decent amount of hit rating you don't need to get. +5 Gemcutting, eh if you want the proffesion go for it . 10 shadow resistance as well, once again, not really noticeable. 6/10

Horde

Orc: My personal favorite race. Probably the 3rd best warrior pvp race (Next to Undead and Gnome). Come with Blood Fury, which is a AP Buff with a 50% healing debuff on yourself (282 attack power increase at 70, about 4 per lvl). Also come with Hardiness which is a 15% base chance to resiset stuns and knockout affects. This is great due to a warrior's weakness is easily CCed. Command is useless for a warrior, 5% pet damage increase. And their last racial is +5 to Axes, which again, turns to 1% crit in the next patch (2.3) 7/10

Tauren: Probably one of the best tanking races due to the 5% Health Increase, which is very noticeable at 70. Let's say a orc warrior will have 10k at 70, a tauren will have 10.5k, which is nice. They also have Warstomp, which is a 2 second aoe stun with a 2 min CD, .5 second cast. This is nice against casters, or healers. +15 to Herbalism is really nice if it's your first character, and if you grab herb you'll be able to pick up Earth Root right away. Lastly, they have a +10 Nature Res, look above. Eh, 6/10

Undead: My second favorite Warrior Race, probably come with the second best PvP Racial as well. Will of the Forsaken, activate to become immune to charm, fear, or sleep affects, and will be immune for 3 seconds. Personally, It's nice, even with a warrior's two anti-fear moves, but it also affects charm, which is even nicer against locks. Cannibalism, you eat a corpse, and again 35% of your total health after 10 seconds, or 7% every 2 seconds. This is really nice while lvling, and even in BG's, eat a corpse before you go after that silly rogue, or that cute little gnome. Can only be used on dead humanoid or undead corpses. +10 Shadow resitance as well, not that noticeable. 8/10

Troll. They few, the proud, the troll. Probably one of the coolest races in my opinion, not the greatest for warriors though racial wise. Beserkering is nice, it's a skill that
    Increases your attack speed by 10% to 30%. At full health the speed increase is 10% with a greater effect up to 30% if you are badly hurt when you activate Berserking. Lasts 10 sec. 10% Regen bonus, 10% in combat, semi nice for lvling. 5% damage against beast, nice for druids and pets, and while lvling, semi nice. Lastly +5 to bows and throwing weapons, which will turn to 1% chance to crit in 2.3 3/10

Second Entry

Lvling Specs- Well, most people will be like 'DUAL WEILD FURY!!!!11!!" But, I found in lvling my three warriors that lvling as DW Fury was actually quite slow till Outlands, since there is barely any + hit gear while lvling. I suggest going 2h fury, I found that this is probably the fastest lvling spec till outlands, once you get to the outlands, you can decide whither if you want to DW or 2h fury, arms is quite good if you have the gear for it. Always make sure you have 5/5 cruelty in arms, who doesn't like a free 5% crit?

Weapons you should get while lvling- Make sure you get your Whirldwind weapon as soon as possible, that weapon is defintly imba 30-40, heck, you can even use it till 45. Around 42ish I suggest getting a Executioner's Cleaver it's a lvl 42 BoE Blue 2h axe, or get the Titan's Blade, both really good MS weapons that can last you till 51. Or you can run Maradon to get that 2h mace or sword from the last boss. At 51, defintly get the Ice Barbed Spear, that weapon is SUPER IMBA, I used it from 51-59.

Alright, I don't feel that good, so more entries to come, I'll add wowhead links tomorrow for the above entry.
    Last edited by TehGoggles; 10-29-2007 at 08:03 PM.
    It's true, I pwn faces irl

My Warrior Guide
    TehGoggles's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My Warrior Guide

Reserved +++

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserved ++++

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserved +++

thatone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO WAY! Troll warriors are like 11/10.

I mean, Regenerations is awesome for tanks, sure its not a lot of health, but there have been countless times where i finish a fight with 100 HP, and the healer is OOM.

Tat and bezerking for PvP? WTF else could there be for a DPSer other then faster speed as you die! (Not to mention you get HP as you fight from Regeneration!)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by thatone View Post
    NO WAY! Troll warriors are like 11/10.

I mean, Regenerations is awesome for tanks, sure its not a lot of health, but there have been countless times where i finish a fight with 100 HP, and the healer is OOM.

Tat and bezerking for PvP? WTF else could there be for a DPSer other then faster speed as you die! (Not to mention you get HP as you fight from Regeneration!)
    I know, I know, I personally Love trolls, but I had to give them what I thought it would be overall, sorry >.<

EtaC's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems as you are a bit more pvp oriented than me, I for one am pure PvE, and because of that the entire list changes. 1% dodge on nightelves is probably the best for tanking as alliance, atleast in patch 2.3 when the weapon skills are turned into crit, and also as im nature tank on Hydross in my guild the extra NR is also awesome. When 2.3 arrives i would say that Night Elves are the second best tanking race in the game, after taurens i guess.

But seeing as you fairly mention tanking and PvE at all, maybe you should go all PvP guide or add some PvE stuff to your guide

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by EtaC View Post
    Seems as you are a bit more pvp oriented than me, I for one am pure PvE, and because of that the entire list changes. 1% dodge on nightelves is probably the best for tanking as alliance, atleast in patch 2.3 when the weapon skills are turned into crit, and also as im nature tank on Hydross in my guild the extra NR is also awesome. When 2.3 arrives i would say that Night Elves are the second best tanking race in the game, after taurens i guess.

But seeing as you fairly mention tanking and PvE at all, maybe you should go all PvP guide or add some PvE stuff to your guide
    Remember I said this guide isn't done? I'll be writing this guide for a while still, It's hardly near finished.