0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bot with the most [community] support?

Quick question, what bot for wow are most users using at the moment?

The last time i botted was when shadowbot was out, which was amazing - since then i haven't though.

Recently bought honorbuddy since it's what i've heard about a lot, that was a mistake. Their forums/community has a huge lack of support in terms of scripts for the bot. Even the paid-user created scripts are super outdated. Even creating custom scripts is kind of a pain with honorbuddy.

Also if anyone knows of a similar bot to shadow bot (it was passive/undetectable) please let me know.
    Last edited by Breakdown88; 08-01-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Bot with the most [community] support?
  2. Thanks ibuycorecoins (1 members gave Thanks to Breakdown88 for this useful post)
    tbjornh13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, as you know (or should)... WoW is going through changes due to the patch and pre expansion prep. So of course the profiles are outdated for HB especially since they removed most from their store due to this. With constant WoW patches you're not going to find a bot that is consistent.

As far as I know HB has one of if not the largest communities out there. Best yet they are releasing exactly what you are looking for with the new expansion. Sorry to say your purchase will soon be out of date(ish) but what they are calling Legionbuddy seems promising. Good luck with other bots as they have been getting banned more than HB consistently (even ban waves).

4. Thanks ibuycorecoins (1 members gave Thanks to tbjornh13 for this useful post)
    perons88's Avatar Master Sergeant CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not understand a shit ... honorbuddy and died !!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are constant bots that handle 50 60 bots for each computer , and they are two years still not tracked down ... if you want something that's really not traceable , not to miss a single account .. some expert programmer paid $ 1000 give him an example of which to start and make your make your custom bot

perons88's Avatar Master Sergeant CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no one has ever been banned with programs that work with dll injection , and reverse engineering

tbjornh13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do inform us of these bots... which I doubt are public. I also doubt the op wants to pay $1000 for a bot if he is looking into HB. His best bet right now is to look into Soapbox's setup which has a pay setup which will likely be like Legionbuddy payments.

monkeypaw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened to WoWGlider? I know the developer was being sued and got into problems with his bot, but I don't know what happened after that (I've been preoccupied in a recovery center for the past few years .. hehe ..)

Lollerskates's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
    Whatever happened to WoWGlider? I know the developer was being sued and got into problems with his bot, but I don't know what happened after that (I've been preoccupied in a recovery center for the past few years .. hehe ..)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glider_(bot)

Glider is dead, they got sued and the result was a complete shut down of their bot. Glider really was amazing for its time, but there are plenty more advanced bots out there these days.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by perons88 View Post
    You do not understand a shit ... honorbuddy and died !!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are constant bots that handle 50 60 bots for each computer , and they are two years still not tracked down ... if you want something that's really not traceable , not to miss a single account .. some expert programmer paid $ 1000 give him an example of which to start and make your make your custom bot
    As a programmer in my day job, $1000 is about how much I make in about 3 days of work. Expert programmers are a lot more costly than people realize, and writing a full fleshed out bot is a lot more work than someone might realize. If you are saying that it is a private bot and only can have access by paying $1000 to get into it, that may be different, although I find that scenario extraordinarily unlikely.

The ONLY reason a smaller bot might not be detected is because Blizz is going for the most bang for their buck. Why go after a bot that has a community of 1000 people when they could go after a bot that has a community of 250,000 people? It's all about efficient allocation of resources and effort. If Blizz decides to target your bot, they are going to find a way to ban people that use it, and the game of whack-a-mole will proceed.

$1000 maybe for a custom profile. Hell, I wouldn't even do that for a questing profile. I write those for the community for free purely as a hobby, but they can be quite time-consuming. Unless I was getting paid 100+ bucks a user, it's just not worth pursuing as a paid venture. That is just for a profile. A custom bot though? lol If anyone is selling a "custom bot" for $1000, I guarantee you they are just giving the same bot they wrote to everyone and telling them it was custom, with one or two minor visual changes to make it seem custom to the buyer.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by perons88 View Post
    no one has ever been banned with programs that work with dll injection , and reverse engineering
    This is just not true.

spidawebz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also worth noting that client-side bot detection isn't really where Blizzard is likely to invest heavily. That's realistically NOT a good area to focus on given the real intelligence would be housed n the server-side validation space.

For example, Bot behaviours tend to follow patterns that are often evident. Firstly, spell sequences often are sequential and not as random as they first appear. So there are at times a randomization event that occurs to break it up, but when you factor in that pattern with Kill/Death ratios, it starts to paint a particular picture. Furthermore, when you then also analyse time per quest against average person time per quest, the outliers start to become markers as well.

I'd take a guess it's not one single thing that gives your botting behaviour away but a cluster of layered flags that aggregate to provide at the very least a flag which merely puts the user into a different area of focus. Also when you start to see people farm things, other users can pick out the abnormality pretty quickly and if they were to flag you as cheat in game, that's really the queue for their reporting protocols to run diagnostics checks based off probability formula...

Lets say you bot from 1-100 in 72 hours.

- Your quest success rate + time is compared with the median average. (Are you excessively above or below?)
    - Your quest completions are sequential and consistent with known "quest paths" (let's assume 1x person in Blizzard is hired and tasked with cataloguing the bot Profiles...it's what i'd do anyway). Now you could argue you bought Zygor and that could potentially pollute that data point... big if though.
    - Your revenue intake is consistent with botting formulas. The thing about a human vs bot, we tend to spend or accumulate in specific amounts. We get "greens" and even earlier on we either create dust from them or turn them into AH for minor revenue gains. A bot will simply not perform any of that behaviour - there's no deviation, rarely.
    - Your address is not only clustered, but all follow similar patterns of conduct. Let's assume you have 2-3 bots all party'd up and hunting/gathering. The problem is these bots are too synchronise in their behaviours; there's no deviation radical enough to declare humanistic behaviour.
    - You auto optimise precisely. When you move an item into your character slot, that's a packet that is sent to the server for persistence. How many humans know exactly which item is perfect for them within nanoseconds of getting them. Yes, some addons do that for you, but still, there's another flag worth scoring.
    - Your pathways are precise and specific. Again, your XY Cords are persisted server-side, your attack behaviours are persisted server-side, everything you do in that game is a flutter of packets sent to the server for persistence...

Point is this, when you look at each individual line item there are often ways you *could* potentially explain them away in isolation. Yet, if you aggregate these points it starts to formulate a known pattern of behaviour, so much so that all it would take for you really is to be flagged as "suspicious" resulting in a staffer from Blizzard shadowing you for about 1-2mins before human level observation declares you "bot".

I watched 2-3 bots last night farm items, It was painfully obvious - once - you know what behaviours to look for. I private messaged them and said one word - "bot?" and 2 of them immediately logged off the third argued with me. The problem with the third arguing with me, was as he/she was chatting away they were performing spell sequences on a slightly higher mob boss... on some toons you have to really concentrate mashing keys - so talking isn't a thing you can do, especially with 1-2 sentence replies (again that was the secondary give away).

(No I didn't flag them as bots, but hopefully, they understood the warning shot).