52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SWTOR - Current Play State

So I haven't played this game much at all. I think the last expansion I had access to was the Cartel part, and I never did finish the story line. I will go do that soon.

The new expansions have opened up new 'Epic Storyline' quests, but most of them so far are pretty half-assed done. I mean, there are some characters that you tend to like, but not really care too deeply about since you don't get them as a companion.

So I logged in roughly a week ago, and I started playing through the Shadow of Revan quest line. I finished it last night. So it took me around 4 days to do it off and on for an hour or so (probably I would give it a 14 hour time frame to completion). Then the Rise of the Emperor questline was just disgraceful. I knocked it out in around 2 hours from start to finish doing everything in it. It unlocks a daily hub at the end. Joy.

So the last part for now is the Knights of the Fallen Empire. I hope it is longer than the last one, because if it's another short 4-8 hour thing (it looks like it might be longer than the last one by the quest description), then I will riot.

As far as other aspects of the game. Leveling is super super fast. I think after every major arm of the storyline missions, I gained a level. I started at 55, and by the time I hit Rise of the Emperor ending I was 65. I used one 25% XP for 3 hours token I had in my bags, and the rest was all rested XP.

I queued for PvP because I wanted to see what it was like at 65. So I had around 1700 tokens left from the last time I played. I bought 5 or 6 pieces of pvp gear to get at least a few bonus', and queued up. I play a Lightning Sorcerer because Palpatine. It was still the same experience as before. You can still get things done with pugs, and I assume that the people playing it are just pugs now. I never saw anyone from my guild of over 200 people online the whole time, so no one in my guild plays anymore.

I was still surprised that the queue for PvP only took around 5 minutes to pop a random 3v3 match. If there are any other questions, let me know and I will find the answer. I have about 2 weeks left on the sub before I cancel it until another couple of expansions come out probably

** Update August 11, 2016 **

I installed the latest patch which added the last chapter. It is approximately 30 minutes of fighting, and 30 minutes of skippable cutscenes (if you are into that). The story is pretty neat, but it's not the ending of it, there is still more to go. I will wait until the next actual 'expansion content' before resubbing because I managed to do it in about 45 minutes.

** Update August 2nd, 2016 **

So I just finished the Knights of the Fallen Empire chapter 15. Chapter 16 comes out August 11th. Without giving spoilers... The story is cool, but crappy in that when you initially start the quest it has a double confirmation saying basically, your current companions may be unavailable.

After Chapter 15, I only have 1 back but gained a bunch of new ones. I miss my old companions The rumor is eventually through story you will get the others back, but no one knows for sure yet.

Time-Wise, this is a much better story arc. The plot has many twists and changes, and it keeps you going. However, it is not without its faults and I will go over some of them (Again, without spoiling plots).

• At certain points the cut-scenes remind me of what they did with the Final Fantasy franchise. They got more and more 'movie' instead of game based.
    • They also have a few slightly different choice selections. Normally you have 3 options, and the dial with 1/2/3 to select, but there are some in the new arc that have 6 selections. Rather than do 4/5/6 ( ) 1/2/3 as selection on both sides, they went more with traditional black border on top/bottom and there are just rows of options to choose from.
    • I also found that some of these 4+ option dialog scenes are not voiced. So they kinda skimped on that part a bit in my opinion.
    • The gear is still not very balanced. The gear you get from the 65 quests are 190/194 in this campaign, and the purple gear you buy is 204 with the Data Shards (or whatever they are called). Those are gathered easily in the earlier campaigns by killing the elite/golden mobs and they drop 1-4 each. So you _could_ potentially farm them. However, the shards only come from finished quests from what I have experienced, even though you kill many of those types of mobs during the quests.

Again, if there are any questions, lemme know.
    Last edited by Veritable; 08-11-2016 at 02:57 AM.

SWTOR - Current Play State
  2. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Veritable for this useful post)
    Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questions

Q: Do people still play SWTOR?
    A: In the Imperial Fleet on this server, there is around 50 people when I have been on there queuing for PvP. I assume they have just cross-realm pvp'd everything since it was only a 5 minute queue. The new area has about the same and I have been there a lot today. I think it took me about 6 hours to go through Chapters 1-15 and there was always that many there. I haven't tried Group Flashpoints or Ops. I don't really see the point since you can do a solo mode for flashpoints now. It kind of negates any community aspect of it. The only thing that I really want to try out is this "Alliance System" they have. It looks like a Group PvP Faction vs. Faction system, and you get quests by your companions to go and recruit for your Alliance. So anyone in your faction is automatically in your Alliance it seems, so it's not Guild vs. Guild or anything apparently. But good luck finding a group...

hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1180/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Information was helpful thanks!