Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bot Detection Traffic since Firday?

Hey guys,

I got told, that since Friday there is some encrypted Traffic send out by Niantic, which helps them detect bots if unanswered. I couldn't find any Information on this though. Is it just a hoax?

Bot Detection Traffic since Firday?
    Kiljaedon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly no one really knows. There was talk of encrypted data that was sort of the same that was pushed with their other RA game Ingress but that turned out to be about use of ads so its also rumored this new traffic sent out will be around ads but some posts on reddit claim a massive ban wave will hit mid this week. IMO if you are really nervous about this I would stop botting and never bot on your main account. My main account is legit but my other one is not. If botting becomes a real issue I expect they will do something to crack down on it if legit people are getting recked out of their gyms by a bunch of cheated accounts so use common sense is all I can say.

3. Thanks WeGi (1 members gave Thanks to Kiljaedon for this useful post)
    WeGi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the clarification.

Omega1337's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    4/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No detect, no flags as of this moment.

But there will be "soonish", can't say exactly when.

6. Thanks WeGi (1 members gave Thanks to Omega1337 for this useful post)
    hellomyeggo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's been pretty clear from the beginning when they use logs to keep the data which relates to our mobile data/wifi data in correlation to the location. For example, if you're using your wifi yet you're at x location, then obviously that doesn't make sense lol.

Brodlz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hellomyeggo View Post
    I think it's been pretty clear from the beginning when they use logs to keep the data which relates to our mobile data/wifi data in correlation to the location. For example, if you're using your wifi yet you're at x location, then obviously that doesn't make sense lol.
    Not sure if this is particularly true. In my case, I have a device (Telstra Wi-Fi Advanced III Aircard) that essentially creates a wifi hotspot FROM the mobile 3G/4G network, I use this on the fly as Wifi, and it sure enough will move wherever I go (it stays in my bag). Now, I am not exactly sure what would be logged in this case (I am no networking pro) but I have a feeling it would be detecting the Wifi packets (and not the mobile data). Another case would be to use another person's phone as a wifi hotspot, but like I said I am not exactly sure what would be logged in terms of Wifi or Mobile data?

hellomyeggo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Brodlz View Post
    Not sure if this is particularly true. In my case, I have a device (Telstra Wi-Fi Advanced III Aircard) that essentially creates a wifi hotspot FROM the mobile 3G/4G network, I use this on the fly as Wifi, and it sure enough will move wherever I go (it stays in my bag). Now, I am not exactly sure what would be logged in this case (I am no networking pro) but I have a feeling it would be detecting the Wifi packets (and not the mobile data). Another case would be to use another person's phone as a wifi hotspot, but like I said I am not exactly sure what would be logged in terms of Wifi or Mobile data?
    That's different as the wifi hotspot is coming from your mobile data.. What I was saying from my post was that for those who spoof using their home internet, you can be logged from what ISP you are using compared to your mobile data. So it wouldn't make sense to be at x location while using your home internet.

sdslolz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you watched Comic Con, it's pretty clear to me they are massively behind on development. Wouldn't be surprised if zero anti hack was in place yet.

Kellinger3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongode...nown/?sort=new
    i think this is what you're talking about.
    even though they are behind on development their anti cheat system has been in place since ingress. so that part wont be left out for sure. my friends and i have gotten banned not only in ingress but also in pokemon go from backlogging. that means they ban you based on past actions that means everything is recorded. its just about turning it on etc. i know a few ways how my friends and i were detected which was actually a step up from their anti cheat system in ingress. its definitely getting more advanced this time around.
    botting is definitely going to get a serious hammer. spoofing might not be perma just because too many players in EU(at that time) and south america dont have the game yet so they're obviously spoofing. who knows to what degree they would hand out the punishment. but from my botting experience... heh. i wont be surprised if they get wiped out, because bots currently are no where advanced enough to avoid detection on the most basic level.

WeGi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind them stepping up in terms of bot detection. That would at least weed out the masses of virtually identical bots and focus development on a few good ones.

Foxs's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone talking about their famous ingress anti cheat system. Did you atleast read ppl comments on how is this really working?

People there are banned for "not turning on location while logging to the game" and other familiar stuff, in other words they are just shooting blind(Probably THAT ONE is using a bot, BANG), but if they gonna try this here it will impact bunch of players playing actually fair.