2/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will I be banned?

I accidentally when from Minnesota (hotspot) to Sydney Australia, due to the GPS base location being set to there, so after a crash, I forgot to reset the GPS location, then I got soft-banned (2 hours so far, still not unbanned).

1) Do you think this account will be banned? :S

2) Also, do you even think they implemented tools to detect or store these kind of informations yet? Won't it be later on, in new updates? Something that notices amount of softbans, where you went from to where (how far), and maybe also they check if people constantly spawn in the exact same location, same coodinates?

3) If we hurry up and collect all the 4 world pokemons, do you think we will be banned? or is it a good idea to hunt them before they eventually implement perma-ban?
    Last edited by Drahque; 07-20-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Will I be banned?
    Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Drahque View Post
    I accidentally when from Minnesota (hotspot) to Sydney Australia, due to the GPS base location being set to there, so after a crash, I forgot to reset the GPS location, then I got soft-banned (2 hours so far, still not unbanned).

Do you think this account will be banned? :S

Also, do you even think they implemented tools to detect or store these kind of informations yet? Won't it be later on, in new updates? Something that notices amount of softbans, where you went from to where (how far), and maybe also they check if people constantly spawn in the exact same location, same coodinates?
    Yes you will get banned like the rest of us using GPS spoofers

3. Thanks CyaBB, Xel (2 members gave Thanks to Jaerin for this useful post)
    deadlywario0's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    19/27
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No perma bans yet so it should wear off, anywhere between 30 minutes->12 hours.

LoveOne's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/9
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends.
    Im pretty sure they will start banning ppls that spoof. I guess it all depends on how they will handle this. If you got softbanned once maby you're safe.
    Then again it also depends on how they track cheaters, if they decide to ban ppls that port to another country, or continent then yeah you're screwed.

Drahque's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    2/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Yes you will get banned like the rest of us using GPS spoofers
    I mean will I be banned in a month, even though, I play it safely now, or stop gps spoofing in a couple of days?

Is this event/accident stored on my account forever? Are you sure, they even store player trackings yet?

Originally Posted by deadlywario0 View Post
    No perma bans yet so it should wear off, anywhere between 30 minutes->12 hours.
    Really? 12 hours? I read its only 5min to 3 hours?

Originally Posted by LoveOne View Post
    Depends.
    Im pretty sure they will start banning ppls that spoof. I guess it all depends on how they will handle this. If you got softbanned once maby you're safe.
    Then again it also depends on how they track cheaters, if they decide to ban ppls that port to another country, or continent then yeah you're screwed.
    Do you think they already have tracking implemented? and it will be added in a later patch? or?
    Last edited by Drahque; 07-20-2016 at 09:46 AM.

k199's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    30/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will look , if they want to band every one use spoof they can do it now , but they are besy lunch the game for other country , for no use it , when they get globule be careful

sorry for my bad Eng

thaiguy50's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/9
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a tip, if you cannot afford to be banned then dont cheat at all. Simple is that, if you cheat you will eventually get caught. May it be tomorrow or a year who knows,

9. Thanks k199, Doja, Rvista, Alfalfa (4 members gave Thanks to thaiguy50 for this useful post)
    warcry16's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they will 100% ban everyone who used fake gps in ban waves.

lofofof's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did they handle this kind of things in Ingress, its likely they will use the same method for pokemongo
    How did they detect gps spoofing in ingress if you dont switch to unrealistic position or you dont get reported by other players? does anyone know ?
    Did they bann without warnings ?.

Drahque's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    2/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thaiguy50 View Post
    Here is a tip, if you cannot afford to be banned then dont cheat at all. Simple is that, if you cheat you will eventually get caught. May it be tomorrow or a year who knows,
    Of course, but maybe you can be smart and stop in the right moment, collect the hard ones now, then stop and play legit. ?

Smoshi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't even own a phone. Haven't in like 5 years so I don't have much of a choice. If I want to play I have to play on PC.

14. Thanks Rvista (1 members gave Thanks to Smoshi for this useful post)
    LoveOne's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/9
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Drahque View Post
    Do you think they already have tracking implemented? and it will be added in a later patch? or?
    Pokego was ported from another game called ingress.
    They were able to track ppls there + thy alrdy have the softban which is clearly triggered by spoofing so im pretty sure they know who got softbanned. Its just a matter of time now. they can see who ported and on what distance with a simple query.

Purpleworlds's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spoofed in ingress for a long time on multiple accounts, it really is a matter of just having patience and following a strict ruleset to where it looks like you're just a normal player. I have never left my city, never ported long distances in unreasonable amounts of time. Always watched carefully and made sure I have my gps set up properly by doing extra checks and opening google maps to make sure it's registered my location. I don't even travel long distances or stay in a singular spot that would seem suspicious, I try to always log into the app in similar locations that I have in the past. I've been spoofing with fake gps and now am using nox for the WASD feature and have not been soft banned even one time even though I've been spoofing since the game came out.

I'd say if you get banned just make a new account and start being patient, if you're not stupid and don't do anything that seems even slightly out of the ordinary you'll be fine if what I've experienced in Ingress is any indicator.

Frostyx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what being said above. I'm in exactly same boat - never left my city, but i was traveling long distance and did some leaps between districts (that would take 30-40 mins to travel by subway) but waited out for 15-20 mins before. Not a single softban as I always check if I'm able to get stuff from pokestops or catch a pokemon.
    After level 20 I'm mainly just check the map for rare pokemons and port on that spot, catch it, then not playing again for 30 mins, etc.
    I can't say how safe I am, but having no softbans positively influences my attitude about the whole thing. But I swear, that when I catch that 2k+ CP Snorlax I'm done spoofing

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frostyx View Post
    I agree with what being said above. I'm in exactly same boat - never left my city, but i was traveling long distance and did some leaps between districts (that would take 30-40 mins to travel by subway) but waited out for 15-20 mins before. Not a single softban as I always check if I'm able to get stuff from pokestops or catch a pokemon.
    After level 20 I'm mainly just check the map for rare pokemons and port on that spot, catch it, then not playing again for 30 mins, etc.
    I can't say how safe I am, but having no softbans positively influences my attitude about the whole thing. But I swear, that when I catch that 2k+ CP Snorlax I'm done spoofing
    And you will likely still be banned because they already know...

Just accept the fact that the account can/will disappear eventually just like all of our other accounts that have botting and stuff on them. The first time you get banned it hurts, but after that you get used to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast