Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pokemon GO: Server Availability, Getting Started, Bots & Common Problems

Last Updated: 21st of July, 2016.

I've compiled the answers to some commonly asked questions and solutions to common problems in this thread. If you think anything should be added to the thread, let me know. This thread is NOT to link specific exploits, but only to provide answers to problems that are asked a lot, and to help people get started playing.

SERVER STATUS:

Section 1: Installing and Setting up Pokemon GO

1a: Installing on your Phone or Tablet

Android:

If you are playing in a supported country, you can download it from the Google Play Store.

If you are playing in an unsupported country, you can download the .apk file from apkmirror or your favourite apk website.

If you are playing in any country and wish to location spoof, you can follow Ehnoah's guide.

iOS:

If you are playing in a supported country, you can download it from the Apple App Store.

If you are playing in an unsupported country, you can follow willy t3h whale's guide.

If you are playing on jailbroken iOS and wish to location spoof, you can check out iMigu's thread.

1b: Installing on PC

BlueStacks:

There are a number of guides for Bluestacks that all aim to achieve different things. You may experience different results with different computer setups, so find the guide that suites you best. I have listed them in alphabetical order by username.

Pokemon GO on the PC with fakeGPS locations by Crazyhead
    Bluestacks Split Screen Pokemon Go and Fake Gps by Endeavor
    Fake GPS on PC with Bluestacks (how to) by squee666
    How I got Lockito working with BlueStacks by Trolltato

Nox:

Nox is an alternative to Bluestacks that has popped up recently. Many users are reporting great success in using it over Bluestacks, so there's no harm in giving it a go. Nox includes WASD movement with its built in GPS spoofing capabilities.

Very Detailed on Nox and Pokemon Go by CruelGiraffe
    Use Nox instead of Bluestacks by Subversion2

1c: Pokemon GO Bots

The development of clientless Pokemon GO bots has taken off far beyond anyone's expectations since their development. These bots don't require an emulator, a phone or a copy of the game - they are completely self-sufficient and run without any user interaction beyond initial setup. There are a number of options for you to look over, depending on your desired outcome.

If you are looking to get started with botting as quickly as possible with minimal fuss, Maclone's Community Versions thread is what you are after. These are pre-compiled bots with easy to edit settings files, allowing you to download, configure and start right away.

If you are interested in tweaking or modifying the existing code and want to participate in the development, Necronomicon's Bot and Neer's Pokemon Bot are the threads to look at. Keep in mind, this will require you having a copy of Visual Studio, and knowledge or willingness to learn C# and other programming concepts, as you'll have to compile these from their source code yourself.

1d: Sniping in Pokemon GO

Sniping exploits a bug in the way the game works, allowing you to catch Pokemon from anywhere in the world without incurring a soft ban. maclone's PokeSniper2 is where you want to look. His thread will provide you with the software and the resources you need to get started.

Section 2: Common Problems and their Solutions

2a: Crashing

Q: I'm playing on BlueStacks and the game crashes and closes itself whenever I try to catch a Pokemon.

A: You will need to remove your Google Account from BlueStacks. You can do this by clicking on the Cogwheel icon on the top right of Bluestacks and selecting Settings.

Under the Accounts heading, click Google. On the top right hand side, you'll see a triple-dot menu icon. Click that and select "Remove Account".

You can follow Google's official guide for this here.

You'll now be able to play Pokemon GO without crashes.

However, please note that at some point, Pokemon GO will tell you that you have an invalid username and password. At that point, close the game, re-add your Google Account, log back onto the game, close the game again, remove your Google account once more and continue playing.

2b: Interaction Problems

Q: I've been spoofing. I used to be able to catch Pokemon, interact with Pokestops but now nothing works!

A: You've been soft-banned. This is where you can still log in, but in effect you are prevented from doing anything useful on the game.

"Soft Bans" are triggered when you are moving across vast distances in impossibly short periods of times, such as location spoofing across cities, countries or continents.

These only last a short period of time - most people say one to two hours, and after it expires you will be able to resume playing as normal.

It is unknown whether they scrutinize your play more carefully after receiving one of these.

Q: Pokeballs get stuck after I throw them.

A: This is primarily due to server issues and software issues - nothing you can avoid and it is not a result of spoofing. Your only choice if the game freezes after throwing a ball is to close the game and re-open it, and hope you either caught the Pokemon or it is still there to catch.

If the ball is frozen for longer than 10 seconds, and the loading icon is spinning, this means you have caught the Pokemon and you'll need to wait for it to finish. - Thanks HunterHero!

Q: PokeStops give me a "try again later" error message.

A: This is due to server issues. All you can do is try again later.

2c: Location Problems

Q: No matter what I do, I get a "Failed to detect location" message on my Phone or Bluestacks.

A: This happens when you have "Mock Locations" enabled.

On your Android Phone, go to your Developer menu and disable Mock Locations.

On Bluestacks, download the Developer Options .apk and install it. Once it is installed, click it and turn the slider on the top right to the off position.

If you are using FakeGPS, you must ensure that "Expert Mode" is enabled under the Settings Menu - Thanks j0el!

Q: A "Failed to detect location" message pops up occasionally when using Lockito or another GPS spoofing app.

A: This occurs when it is not properly installed, and you have conflicting "real" GPS data coming in.

Your first step should be to make sure your application is installed as a System App, and that you have the Xposed Framework module installed correctly if the guide you follow requires it.

You should also ensure that your location mode is set to "Device Only", and that "Mock Locations" is disabled in the developer menu.

2d: BlueStacks Problems

Q: BlueStacks just doesn't want to work.

A: There are a lot of issues that can cause BlueStacks not to work, as it is a very complicated piece of software - and the modifications many of us are doing go beyond the scope of its intended use. Not following the guide to the letter can ruin the whole process, so ensure that you are following it exactly as written.

After that, your first line of support should be to check the thread of the guide you followed to see if anyone else has experienced the issue. Check the thread's pages for your problem. If you've ensured you followed the guide correctly and you are still having issues, post in that thread to see if anyone else can help you.

Alternatively, you can try another guide. Please ensure you completely uninstall BlueStacks before trying another guide, including selecting "Yes" to removing all your data during the uninstall process.

2e: Android/iOS Phone Problems

Q: My battery drains really quickly.

A: If you are one of the people who are using their phone for both spoofing and legitimate play, this can help out. Enable battery saving by going to settings (click the Pokéball and then the upper right corner) and then just hold your phone upside down until you feel your phone vibrating! - Thanks willy t3h whale!
    Last edited by Smitten; 08-01-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Pokemon GO: Server Availability, Getting Started, Bots & Common Problems
  2. Thanks Ashoran, Ket, Kenneth, Eryx, hacker24, oppiz2, XVR1212, Parog (8 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post as always smitty! You can add to the frozen balls that if the loading icon keeps spinning longer than 10 secs then it's caught and you need to wait until it stops loading. If it stops loading pretty fast then you didn't get it.

4. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to HunterHero for this useful post)
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HunterHero View Post
    Great post as always smitty! You can add to the frozen balls that if the loading icon keeps spinning longer than 10 secs then it's caught and you need to wait until it stops loading. If it stops loading pretty fast then you didn't get it.
    Will do, thanks.

j0eL's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/44
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another fix for "Failed to detect location" make sure expert mode in fakeGPS is enabled. Good thread should be stickied.

7. Thanks Smitten, HI5, XVR1212 (3 members gave Thanks to j0eL for this useful post)
    HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by j0eL View Post
    Another fix for "Failed to detect location" make sure expert mode in fakeGPS is enabled. Good thread should be stickied.
    Could not agree more, It should and now it is!

Great Job smithers, as always!

Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome post, thanks Smitten ^.^

10. Thanks HI5 (1 members gave Thanks to Ashoran for this useful post)
    markons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to trick egg hatching? In other words to skip the need to have your phone on and to be inside the game at every time so you get credited for your walk... I'm asking that because I walk 8-10km each day + I ride bicycle for about 20km every other day and to have it on at all time will drain my batter or I might even do something stupid, like crashing or getting hit by a car...

Willy's Avatar Elite User
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    147/124
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread! Maybe you should add a small tip about the battery saver mode?

Idea:
    Battery draining too fast?
    Enable battery saving by going to settings (click the pokéball and then the upper right corner) and then just hold your phone upside down until you feel your phone vibrating!

13. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Willy for this useful post)
    rezdan's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    4/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great resource, may I suggest adding a link to the NOX method as it is in my opinion much less of a hassle and causes less hiccups.

15. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to rezdan for this useful post)
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rezdan View Post
    Great resource, may I suggest adding a link to the NOX method as it is in my opinion much less of a hassle and causes less hiccups.
    Added this now.