1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Ingress app as a Pokemon Go Maphack to find rare Pokemon

Before reading I did not come up with this. It was on reddit/r/pokemongo. I will source the post at the bottom of the thread!

Hey all,
    I'm a relatively experienced Ingress player (Lvl 8 ) and playing Pokémon Go, I noticed the obvious similarities in the underlying game mechanics.

Now, these similarities are mostly well documented:
    *Ingress Portals were mostly converted to PokeStops and Gyms.
    *Pokemon Spawn points are linked to XM generation in Ingress.

However, I've been looking around and I don't believe anyone else has pointed out how this second one can be used to the advantage of the intrepid Pokemon hunter in order to quickly and easily find that elusive 3 footstep rare Pokemon you're looking for.

Now the game does include some indication of where nearby Pokemon may be; in the form of the “rustled leaves ” image that appears on the map. As you can see, these are okay...but they're very vague, and it's not always clear what area you should be looking in.

However, if you run the Ingress App on your phone as well you can open it up and get a much clearer picture of where you should be looking.

The above image is an example of the Ingress App UI. Those white Dots are called XM, they mark areas of frequent cellular usage in an area and serve as the energy you must collect in that game in order to perform any actions. The above image is of a supermarket location. This is why Wal-Mart has TONS of Pokemon.

I've found consistently, that areas that have dense clusters of XM are where you are going to find Pokemon. As such, the Ingress app becomes invaluable to individuals like myself who do not live in a urban area. Glancing at the Ingress app allowed me to find a Squirtle with 3 footprints last night within ten minutes. Can you guess on that image where it was located?

Pulling up the Ingress App gives me a clear view of where I should be traveling in order to quickly and efficiently find the Pokemon on my radar.

I hope this helps everyone! Happy hunting!
    (P.S. Go Team Valor)

Update: It should be noted if you move while the Ingress app is open you will collect the XM from the area immediately around you, and prevent yourself/other people from seeing the cloud until it regenerates.

Update: Click here for an Imgur Album Explanation (if you learn better with less text more pics)

CLICK FOR SOURCE
    Last edited by Kenneth; 07-13-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Using Ingress app as a Pokemon Go Maphack to find rare Pokemon
    HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried it out yourself Kenneth? Cause I've just spent 15 minutes on it having both intel and PoGo (jesus that battery drain) open on my phone and at home with bluestack. The XM doesn't always correlate with pokemons like all portals aren't there in PoGo (yet?)

Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it worked pretty solid. I moved to a area with many Points and got a Yellow friend. Maybe it is not about accuracity but it is a way to find rare Pokemons maybe.

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HunterHero View Post
    Have you tried it out yourself Kenneth? Cause I've just spent 15 minutes on it having both intel and PoGo (jesus that battery drain) open on my phone and at home with bluestack. The XM doesn't always correlate with pokemons like all portals aren't there in PoGo (yet?)
    Yea I have. I used both on my walk home from work and found out that the pond near me was packed with stuff so I took the long way home and walked through it and caught a ton of stuff. Had no Pokestop or nothing so I never wouldve thought to go through it since its not very high pop. One thing to note is a lot of times you will realize that where Ingress tells you to go is just essentially a Poke Stop in Pokemon:GO and in that case its not as useful because its obvious that stuff is there. But during the times like I mentioned with my towns pond and it not having a poke stop, it works wonders.

The battery drain definitely got more intense but it wasn't double thats for sure.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 07-13-2016 at 03:18 PM.