0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh I got 6 month suspend not for HB

So I got suspended for something I didn't think was considered as a bot.

I made a macro for disenchanting.. And I hated having to DE 760 green items I made with 2.5k wool bolts.
    So I thought oh hey I got a logitech keyboard and it has the G keys which I have always used in pvp.

#showtooltip Disenchant
    /cast Disenchant
    /use item:4310
    That was the macro with the Item code from wowhead. I got the macro off some site. I made a keybind then made a macro to that keybind to one my G keys.
    I made it so all I had to do was press it once and every 3 seconds it would press the macro keybind and due to auto loot being on loot my mats.. and keep going till no
    more items to de with that item code were in my bag.. Then I would press it to stop the toggle and put more items in and press again.. I guess that's considered as a bot..

I also admit after I learnt how cool that was I then used the g keys for other macros for pvp.. Like arena focus and traps on my hunter which I guess is a lil botty..
    I never used it for interrupts though.

Like I don't like botting in pvp.. I don't think its wrong to bot questing/leveling alts though cause its not ruining anyone's enjoyment of the game or gold economy.

I did bot though on my account a year ago and got caught in the last banwave in season 1 of wod. I highly don't think I was reported, I do think that cause my account I used this macro on was on the same battlenet linked as my suspended account.. I think blizzard just got the list of every blizzard Account and banned everyone again..

I honestly think if I opened a new battlenet and battle ID with a new email I would of never been caught up in this current banwave.. I may of though with the G Key Macros..
    As I now remember some people being suspended a few years or so ago for using auto macros on the Razer keyboard software..

I am trying to appeal it with pictures of my G keys.. Cause I really didn't think that was considered a bot as its part of the keyboard software

Sigh I got 6 month suspend not for HB
    TOM_RUS's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool story bro, but they don't ban for using macros.

blueflames's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Cool story bro, but they don't ban for using macros.
    Yep, to "Babygurl" lie to blizz dont lie to us, nice story full of bullsh*t

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off you're not a 'gurl' but thats not the lie I want to address..

Why would you come here bullshitting about botting? Honestly some of us have been here for YEARS. Been botting for longer than you've been playing WoW(probably) and we know you're lying. So why dont you just stop the bullshit and be real with us, maybe then can we actually help you a little.

5. Thanks Sklug, jppgibbs, Dyz (3 members gave Thanks to xcureanddisease for this useful post)
    Lightbrand's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or not help since none of us can unban your account.

jimmyamd's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    71/114
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you say that Blizzard got same account details and banned everyone again

WRONG

I was banned 6 months ago and haven't botted since I got my account back and HEY I'm not banned

WiNiFiX's Avatar Banned
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used protection and im faithful to honorbuddy, and I got ban.
    Time for Anthraxbot I guess.

babygurl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't do your facts right do you... Razer Lycosa; automated ability macro's and getting banned. - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Message Board for PC - GameFAQs
    I spoken to blizzard about it, they said it was due to the keyboard software. I rarely used HB at all.. like maybe 3 times like 4 weeks ago.
    I been leveling a hunter and gearing it and was using the G keys with macros. They even told me that's against the TOS as its 3rd party software.

keyboard and Mouse based Macro's = Perma Ban - Forums - World of Warcraft

Google it..It seems they don't agree with the G key macros. As it is a macro but when you do it for automatic reasons as in 1 button = action, action, action, action = ban
    I setup a easy toggle and you can see it in this pic:
    Sigh I got 6 month suspend not for HB-m8nh0ay-jpg

I press it once and every 3 secs it de's and loots..for as many items of the item code in my bag.. So I just sit back while it automatically de's for me till it's done then I put more items of that ID.. I had 760 of the same item.. Yea I was stupid and I got lazy.. But I think I will get unbanned, I'm only a casual gamer.. Like 2-3 hrs a day.. 4 max, do some pvp, level alts, and flip ah tmogs with tradeskillmaster. Oh I also kinda setup a spam macro for my rogue with kicks.. 5 kick buttons linked to 1 G key.. So I had a 5% chance to kick then a 1% chance.. I did use vitalics rogue CR but I turned off interrupts and used them with my G keys.

p.s > xcureanddisease I am female.. I don't care if you don't think I am. I have no need to prove my sex to a idiot that thinks they can decide ones gender over talk. Yes females play wow, yes females use HB and other bots, yes females work in IT and other jobs that men work in.. So stfu and don't be sexist against women. Idiot.
    Last edited by babygurl; 12-17-2015 at 08:23 AM.

akeon1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    You don't do your facts right do you... Razer Lycosa; automated ability macro's and getting banned. - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Message Board for PC - GameFAQs
    I spoken to blizzard about it, they said it was due to the keyboard software. I rarely used HB at all.. like maybe 3 times like 4 weeks ago.
    I been leveling a hunter and gearing it and was using the G keys with macros. They even told me that's against the TOS as its 3rd party software.

keyboard and Mouse based Macro's = Perma Ban - Forums - World of Warcraft

Google it..It seems they don't agree with the G key macros. As it is a macro but when you do it for automatic reasons as in 1 button = action, action, action, action = ban
    I setup a easy toggle and you can see it in this pic:

I press it once and every 3 secs it de's and loots..for as many items of the item code in my bag.. So I just sit back while it automatically de's for me till it's done then I put more items of that ID.. I had 760 of the same item.. Yea I was stupid and I got lazy.. But I think I will get unbanned, I'm only a casual gamer.. Like 2-3 hrs a day.. 4 max, do some pvp, level alts, and flip ah tmogs with tradeskillmaster. Oh I also kinda setup a spam macro for my rogue with kicks.. 5 kick buttons linked to 1 G key.. So I had a 5% chance to kick then a 1% chance.. I did use vitalics rogue CR but I turned off interrupts and used them with my G keys.

p.s > xcureanddisease I am female.. I don't care if you don't think I am. I have no need to prove my sex to a idiot that thinks they can decide ones gender over talk. Yes females play wow, yes females use HB and other bots, yes females work in IT and other jobs that men work in.. So stfu and don't be sexist against women. Idiot.

Pretty much this 95%.
    Its not the first keyboard software to trigger bans. Not sure why everyone on these boards is so angry all the time.
    But yes basic rule of thumb, if a software does an action in a cyclic nature it is more likely to raise a red flag.

(Though i disagree the coments were 'sexist'. chauvinistic for sure.. (unless calling someone a liar is now a sexist (whether wrong or right))

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by akeon1 View Post
    Pretty much this 95%.
    Its not the first keyboard software to trigger bans. Not sure why everyone on these boards is so angry all the time.
    But yes basic rule of thumb, if a software does an action in a cyclic nature it is more likely to raise a red flag.

(Though i disagree the coments were 'sexist'. chauvinistic for sure.. (unless calling someone a liar is now a sexist (whether wrong or right))
    So in other words she(he) was botting. You press a single key and it does a repetitive action, thats 100% considered a bot.

@Baby :

You were banned for using AUTOMATION software, whether that be Logitechs or Honorbuddys. In other words you were justifiably banned it wasn't in error.

P.S. We got off on the wrong foot. My apologies first off. Sincerely, im really sorry you lost your account.

Second of all, I dont care if you're a girl, guy, martian. I dont really give a shit about all that. We get a TON of people coming here telling us about how they were UNJUSTLY banned and its the same old tired story. So forgive me if I seem edgy...

You can probably get away with a shorter ban if you tell them that Logitech is advertising it specifically for games but you gotta play the 'dumb' card and you didn't know any better. It also helps if you've never been banned before.
    Last edited by xcureanddisease; 12-17-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Tinyfin's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/56
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rarely used HB at all.. like maybe 3 times like 4 weeks ago.

Well there you go. Mystery solved.
    Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle, RwlRwlRwlRwl!

13. Thanks ev0, Betagames (2 members gave Thanks to Tinyfin for this useful post)
    TOM_RUS's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rarely used HB at all.. like maybe 3 times like 4 weeks ago.
    And yet he says "I was banned for keyboard software". I lol'ed hard on this one.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm you guys sound like noobs. YES the keyboard software, the Logitech macros CAN get you banned. In fact, Blizzard did just that, several years ago, banned EVERYONE who had a Logitech keyboard or mouse and was using it. They recinded the ban, because they couldn't prove that people were using it for the game to automate, or something else. It's the same with having AutoIt running in the background. They tried to ban people for that, but enough people went to them and said something about that too.

Now I would say that Blizzard changed the way it detects macros. And in this particular case, that yes, he/she/it did get banned for using the AUTOMATION software which interacted with WoW. It probably wasn't HB, but the Logitech macros.

For future reference, press a fricken key instead of macroing it.

Corthezz's Avatar Elite User Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    183/98
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zycamzip View Post
    Ummm you guys sound like noobs. YES the keyboard software, the Logitech macros CAN get you banned. In fact, Blizzard did just that, several years ago, banned EVERYONE who had a Logitech keyboard or mouse and was using it. They recinded the ban, because they couldn't prove that people were using it for the game to automate, or something else. It's the same with having AutoIt running in the background. They tried to ban people for that, but enough people went to them and said something about that too.

Now I would say that Blizzard changed the way it detects macros. And in this particular case, that yes, he/she/it did get banned for using the AUTOMATION software which interacted with WoW. It probably wasn't HB, but the Logitech macros.

For future reference, press a fricken key instead of macroing it.
    Check my blog: https://zzuks.blogspot.com

LLamasandducks's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    First off you're not a 'gurl' but thats not the lie I want to address..

Why would you come here bullshitting about botting? Honestly some of us have been here for YEARS. Been botting for longer than you've been playing WoW(probably) and we know you're lying. So why dont you just stop the bullshit and be real with us, maybe then can we actually help you a little.
    and when he says years, he means YEEAAARRS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast