0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paladins: Champions of the Realm

Anyone get into this beta yet? It's kinda like Overwatch but with cards as powerups.

Paladins: Champions of the Realm
    Sir_DOT_a_lot's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    6/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the review of this game, few weeks ago on youtube.
    Graphics & models are so smooth and great looking so far by my taste! Looks promising.

Sadly, I applied for a beta, but don't put my hopes on getting the key, since I saw they offer a beta invite (with pack that include cards, mount, etc) for like 50 bucks.

Anyways, it really does looks promising and I hope to see it more in action.
    If anyone has a beta key or perhaps is playing the game, it would be good to post video or two explaining a bit more about the game and showing us it's good parts.

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have. Overall I feel like the game is "average" and let me explain why.

1. There is barely any champions in the beta right now. This sucks super bad and makes the game get boring quick.

2. You can only have 1 of each champion on a team at a time. So basically whoever loads into champion select first gets to play the champion they want and steal it from the guy who has a bad PC/connection.

3. No hero swapping. So not only are you forced to play people you don't want half the time but you also cant swap back and forth between what is left for you. Need another tank to compete with the other team? Too bad, your locked in.

4: RNG. The card system is the dumbest thing ever. So basically after every game and each time you level up you get chests that give you cards of different rarities. Common, rare, epic, legendary (just like hearthstone). These cards buff a specific characters play style or abilities. So getting the good cards to make your character super buff is pure RNG. Also when you are in the game you level up as you play. It goes from level 1-5. Each level you choose 1 out of a random 3 cards that you own for that character. First you pick out of commons, than uncommons level 2, rares level 3, so on and so forth. If you own a sweet rare card that you unboxed out of pure luck last game...they might not even give you the option to use it the next game. Basically getting cards is RNG and even after you get them you might not even be given the opportunity to use it! It is by far the dumbest system ever because the guy on the other team playing the same champion as you might get the option to pick his best cards (that you own too! but were not given the opportunity to pick. )

All in all, the game is "okay". It is like Smite compared to League of Legends. Playable? Yes. But it definitely won't beat out Overwatch. It just isn't as crisp and I cant stress enough how dumb that card system is.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 12-02-2015 at 06:20 PM.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I have. Overall I feel like the game is "average" and let me explain why.

1. There is barely any champions in the beta right now. This sucks super bad and makes the game get boring quick.

2. You can only have 1 of each champion on a team at a time. So basically whoever loads into champion select first gets to play the champion they want and steal it from the guy who has a bad PC/connection.

3. No hero swapping. So not only are you forced to play people you don't want half the time but you also cant swap back and forth between what is left for you. Need another tank to compete with the other team? Too bad, your locked in.

4: RNG. The card system is the dumbest thing ever. So basically after every game and each time you level up you get chests that give you cards of different rarities. Common, rare, epic, legendary (just like hearthstone). These cards buff a specific characters play style or abilities. So getting the good cards to make your character super buff is pure RNG. Also when you are in the game you level up as you play. It goes from level 1-5. Each level you choose 1 out of a random 3 cards that you own for that character. First you pick out of commons, than uncommons level 2, rares level 3, so on and so forth. If you own a sweet rare card that you unboxed out of pure luck last game...they might not even give you the option to use it the next game. Basically getting cards is RNG and even after you get them you might not even be given the opportunity to use it! It is by far the dumbest system ever because the guy on the other team playing the same champion as you might get the option to pick his best cards (that you own too! but were not given the opportunity to pick. )

All in all, the game is "okay". It is like Smite compared to League of Legends. Playable? Yes. But it definitely won't beat out Overwatch. It just isn't as crisp and I cant stress enough how dumb that card system is.
    Card system is now changed, you can build a deck and you are guaranteed to get the card you want. Makes the game a hell of a lot better.